Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Back to school

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Back to school

I must it admit it came as a bit of a shock to the system to have ds1 going back to school today which as I have some of his teachers as parents meant I was back to work. Mindee is no trouble though and mine have missed her.

So yesterday I got the house back to normal all signs of Christmas have gone (apart from an excess of chocolate) and we tidied through and put all the cm things back in place.

I also thought how nice it must be to finish work to see the house all tidy and tea ready must be. Maybe I have post Christmas slump Im sure when they all come back it will change.

So today its all about board games and pokemon hunting.

Have a good day everyone especially if you are not at work today
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm back to work and have 7 mindees here but at least they are all playing well together. Have a good day everyone x

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Back already? That's super early, it's still a bank holiday here today and schools aren't back until next Tuesday thankfully!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    Back already? That's super early, it's still a bank holiday here today and schools aren't back until next Tuesday thankfully!
    We finished on the 16th :-( I could have done with the extra day. Though it's really peaceful here older ones are playing power rangers and building dens. The youngest is sitting doing puzzles.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    We finished on the 16th :-( I could have done with the extra day. Though it's really peaceful here older ones are playing power rangers and building dens. The youngest is sitting doing puzzles.
    Ah we didn't break up until the 22nd, must say I prefer it that way. I need the extra week after new year to recover!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im back tomorrow so today is a mad de-christmas and get ready for children coming back. My tree always takes hours to both put up and take down as i have hundreds of glass baubles to wrap before they go away. This year its taking even longer as when making my delayed new years family dinner yesterday I knocked the pan of boiling gravy all down my leg - cant describe how sore - ! I have no idea what im setting up for tomorrow either!

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I must it admit it came as a bit of a shock to the system to have ds1 going back to school today which as I have some of his teachers as parents meant I was back to work. Mindee is no trouble though and mine have missed her.

So yesterday I got the house back to normal all signs of Christmas have gone (apart from an excess of chocolate) and we tidied through and put all the cm things back in place.

I also thought how nice it must be to finish work to see the house all tidy and tea ready must be. Maybe I have post Christmas slump Im sure when they all come back it will change.

My DD didn't break up until 22nd a d us back at school today. Not even 2 weeks off! She was excited about going in with some chocolate for her classmates as it was her birthday in the holidays. But last night she was upset about going as she's had such a nice holiday.

I am back working but only 1 mindee and my DS. We have made gingerbread men and gone for a nice walk. So cold out there though.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm back at work today. Just 3 LOs, we've had a quiet morning reading books and playing puzzles and with playdough. We also had a walk around exploring local woods and gardens.

House is still half Christmasy, but playroom is clear and so is kitchen (except for piles of Christmas biscuits, chocolate and cakes!)

DS is out on his bike and DD is watching dance moms ... what a load of rubbish! Some good dancing, but everything else is dire!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 03-01-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Im back tomorrow so today is a mad de-christmas and get ready for children coming back. My tree always takes hours to both put up and take down as i have hundreds of glass baubles to wrap before they go away. This year its taking even longer as when making my delayed new years family dinner yesterday I knocked the pan of boiling gravy all down my leg - cant describe how sore - ! I have no idea what im setting up for tomorrow either!
    Ouch, you poor thing! I hope you followed your first aid training and jumped in a cool shower?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm back working today, but only with two 1yr olds - a mindee and my grandson. He's had the run of the house over the holidays and I did wonder how he'd react to having to follow the childminding rules again. It took a bit of time for him to stop snatching the toys off the mindee, but by morning snack time he seemed to have remembered that he has to share!

They're both flat out asleep now though so I'm enjoying the peace

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I went back to school today. We had a fantastic inset on 'writing'. I'm really craving childminding more and more though. Maybe I'm only remembering the lovely bits because I was definitely ready for a break from it when my last mindee left. We were hoping to have moved home by now so that I could start it up again without worrying about the neighbours below us but we are no closer to moving.

We still have all the Christmas stuff up and I love it.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mama2three - how is your leg today? x

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

much better thanks , i have gone from a bandage down to a dressing and its much more comfortable x

14. Likes Maza liked this post