Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS

Have you got any?

The children always get new pjs for Christmas eve other than that we dont really have any. I not sure you can class going to see the new start wars movie as a tradition quite yet.

My dh was saying they always played monopoly while eating Christmas tea but as i pointed out to him we have our Christmas dinner for tea so playing monopoly would be hard
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Have you got any?

The children always get new pjs for Christmas eve other than that we dont really have any. I not sure you can class going to see the new start wars movie as a tradition quite yet.

My dh was saying they always played monopoly while eating Christmas tea but as i pointed out to him we have our Christmas dinner for tea so playing monopoly would be hard
    Our tradition used to be going swimming on Christmas Eve, but since we moved, we can't find a swimming pool open on Christmas Eve!
    Now we go for a long walk on the beach followed by pizza! Then home for Crib service. And then midnight mass.

If we're not home, then we follow tradition/custom of wherever we are, but usually manage a walk and midnight mass.

No other traditions except I only drink champagne all day on Christmas Day! (Maybe with a dash of orange juice!) :0)

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We do the Christmas pjs on Christmas Eve too, although this year I haven't found any that I like -apart from ones which are too expensive.

We do the crib service on Christmas eve at 4pm - always lovely to see people from the local community who I wouldn't necessarily see and wish them a happy Christmas. Then when we get home it is like the final countdown. The drinking begins and it is all just wonderful. We always read 'The Night Before Christmas'. We watch Track Santa on the laptop.

On Christmas day, I drink asti and fresh orange juice all day long and seem to be in the perfect state of 'merry/tipsy' from morn 'til night and I love it.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We always have friends round from mid afternoon until about7-8 - it has got later as all the children have grown up. We play games and DH always has a barrel of beer from a local micro brewery, makes warm alcoholic and non punch, but I only have one glass as I volunteer to be the one who is sober to make sure the food gets served and everything tidied up ( though most help) ready for Christmas Day. I always serve pulled pork and crackling in a roll with stuffing onions and apple sauce as it is easy food for 25+.
    A local service for me, I like that quiet time on Christmas Eve before bedtime. I still leave the boys ( and partner this year) new PJ's on their beds on Christmas Eve.
    Christmas traditions on the day : A stocking on your bed from Santa, a cup of tea and a Victoria biscuit from the Christmas biscuit tin...in bed - usually ours, dad always goes down first to see if he has been( to take a photo). We all get something to make so we usually do that early eve.
    One annoying tradition that I keep going is that we make our own crackers...but it is increasingly difficult after 40 years to find a unique cracker gift for individuals that doesn't cost a lot!
    DH family come on Boxing Day....usually a walk and a board game is on the go...After I have prepared and cleared the 4 th dinner of the season ( neighbours on the 23rd) I usually manage to 'get out ' quickly on the game and just sit and watch and reflect. I am constantly busy....but I love every minute.

7. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Christmas eve: Pre Christmas drinks from 3pm with my rather large family (at a sisters this year phew), home about 7ish, straight into our new Christmas Pj's, heroes tub, biccy tub, nibbles out on the side, hot chocolate with squirty cream and marshmallows, all 3 of us snuggled (or rather squished now that DS is 6'+ and DD insists on sitting on my knee still ) on the 2 seater sofa watching Christmas junk on the tv, till about 10pm, then Polar Express and bed.

Followed by me getting back downstairs to finish wrapping the stuff I forgot to do - every flaming year I end up doing this, you'd think I'd have learnt by now

Christmas Day the dynamics have all changed since mum passed away.
    Last year, our first Christmas without her, we left the country for 2 weeks lol, this year, we've been invited to my sisters father in laws which will be lovely. They're a wonderful family, and we already spend a fair bit of time together during the year, so we're really looking forward to that.
    DD and DS are off to their Dad's on Boxing day for a few days, so some peace and quiet for me lol

Whatever you're doing, hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas xx

9. Likes BallyH, FloraDora liked this post