So its Friday - have you finished for Christmas yet?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default So its Friday - have you finished for Christmas yet?

Dont want to brag but i have finished till the 4th January.

Lots of pyjama days, movies and junk food is on the agenda.

All christmas presents brought and wrapped just need to do a food shop but in fairness we dont buy much extra.

How is everyone else's preparations going.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really surprised that so many people have finished for Christmas. I seems so early!

I'm working until next Wednesday, but will have my eldest son here visiting and my youngest son home from uni, so lots of help with the children. It should be fun.

My Christmas preparation is going pretty much as expected - very slowly We still haven't got a tree up, I haven't written a single Christmas card, I haven't even thought about food shopping, but on the plus side, I have bought a few presents! My plan is to get all the ones that need posting to the post office tomorrow, then I can at least forget about them.

I'm not stressing though. There's loads of time still

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I wish!! I'm working till 6.15 Friday!! Only 2 siblings on the Friday which will make it fairly easy though. All presents bought and wrapped. Secret santa parcel is still making my fingers fidgety!! Food shop ordered for Friday so any extras I can get on Xmas eve. Both my daughters are spending Xmas with their dad this year so for the first time in 30 years I'm cooking Xmas dinner for 2 and I can't wait!! It's my grandson 2nd birthday on Sunday and tomorrow we are constructing a Thomas tank cake. Have a good weekend everyone

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've go the tree and decs up and it all looks lovely.

Off to Manchester tomorrow for a family party - love it when I get to see them all in one fell swoop! Need to wrap a few more presents which I am taking up with me but I'm exhausted. DD was on a playdate this evening so I spent the time wrapping her presents. Feel great that I've made a start, as I hate wrapping.

The only thing about having the family party tomorrow is that it clashes with the Strictly final. I'm bound to see who wins on the front covers of the newspapers on my way home the next day before I've had chance to watch it. Have to travel back on Sunday as I'm working Monday and Tuesday. I agree Mouse, it does seem very early and I was surprised how many people have finished today.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    We've go the tree and decs up and it all looks lovely.

Off to Manchester tomorrow for a family party - love it when I get to see them all in one fell swoop! Need to wrap a few more presents which I am taking up with me but I'm exhausted. DD was on a playdate this evening so I spent the time wrapping her presents. Feel great that I've made a start, as I hate wrapping.

The only thing about having the family party tomorrow is that it clashes with the Strictly final. I'm bound to see who wins on the front covers of the newspapers on my way home the next day before I've had chance to watch it. Have to travel back on Sunday as I'm working Monday and Tuesday. I agree Mouse, it does seem very early and I was surprised how many people have finished today.
    Tree up

Pretty much all presents bought ... just waiting for a few deliveries. Need to wrap although have posted all those needing posting.

Still have half the cards to write and all to post!

Am working until 22nd ... will do food shop on the 23rd. I thought about finishing today, but DH is working all of next week and to be honest, I can't afford not to work some of it. My holiday only children make a difference!

Need to make mince pies ... family all telling me so, but I keep telling them they can make them if they are that keen! I'm not that bothered about them.

I've just been soooo busy with everything and really, I'd just like a rest!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 16-12-2016 at 11:58 PM.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes it is early i almost wish the schools hadnt broken up so early but talking to my parents they wanted me thursday and friday even the ones who dont come those days so it seemed easier just to finish yesterday
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am working right up to 6pm Friday 23rd then back January 3rd......I am so shocked that everything is all sorted for this year which never normally happens in this house, DH and I have just finished wrapping all the presents, cards have been written and sent, we just have to collect the meat from the butchers on Friday we have the normal food shopping to do for this week....
    Pixie Dust

Post Thanks / Like

I finish for 2 weeks last day Tuesday, didn't get a proper summer break and first grandchild Christmas so a special one for us.
    I'd like to have wrapped everything if only I could remember the "safe place" I put it in!!! Aaaah!!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by watford wizz View Post
    I finish for 2 weeks last day Tuesday, didn't get a proper summer break and first grandchild Christmas so a special one for us.
    I'd like to have wrapped everything if only I could remember the "safe place" I put it in!!! Aaaah!!
    I often find things that were ' put in a safe place' at Christmas when I Spring clean in March.
    I have finished now until the 4th January. I've just put the tree up and a few decorations...but tomorrow will be spent finishing off the decorations, putting cards up etc.... I have still to make my door wreath.....we are both just too tired to carry on now as I have also put every Childminder linked item, except the books on the den bookcase away...in the shed, in the loft or in the garage as every bit of my home is needed for family and friends at Christmas. I hate putting it all away but like it when I spend a day reorganising for the new year.
    Feeling very Chritmassy now, the coal fire is on, the candles lit, the glow of the Christmas tree in the corner......drinking a hot chocolate and something warming in it, listening to Christmas carols.

My Christmas has started.....and yet there is still a week to go!!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our schools don't break up til Tuesday here , I'm working til Wednesday . Monday will be mayhem as we're having a Christmas party after school , snow machine at the ready. All their crafts cards and pressies will go home with them on Monday , then Tuesday and Wednesday will be much more relaxed...time in the forest and movies and popcorn
    My presents are bought but only a few are wrapped , may get a few more done tonight. Need to write my cards and get some in the post on Monday. !
    Tree is up but I looking forward to getting all the childminding things away on Wednesday night and putting out my other Christmas bits. Then need to do a big tidy up , no idea why I get stressed about it as its only us and our ds's but I like everything clean and tidy ready for christmas. Hairdressers Thursday , and food shop , then panto in the evening. Friday packing as we go on holiday on boxing day!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Our schools don't finish until lunchtime on Thursday so that's when I finish, we don't go back until the 10th of January though. Much prefer finishing just before Christmas then having lots of time after new year to recover!

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Schools finish Tuesday. My eldest finishes 23rd. As do I at 12pm. From then till the 2nd I'm only working the Thursday so I'll take that x

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our schools finished on Friday. I'm working till Wednesday but only eyfs children. Both sons home from Uni which is fab. Feeling contented now. Just been out for a brisk walk this afternoon and everywhere is all sparkly. Got my tree up, little lights everywhere and prezzies all wrapped and big Tesco delivery expected on Friday. So I feel I'm in a good place and loving this lead up to Christmas. Hope everyone stays safe.

14. Likes FloraDora liked this post