Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We never had stockings either. I do one for DD but I'm not really sure how they are supposed work - it just seems like extra presents but you have to go out of your way to find small ones. I love the challenge. Do you all do it like Floradora does it - on the end of their beds so that they can open it before they wake you? Do you let the little ones open them without you being there? I like seeing the reactions on her face for everything!

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    We never had stockings either. I do one for DD but I'm not really sure how they are supposed work - it just seems like extra presents but you have to go out of your way to find small ones. I love the challenge. Do you all do it like Floradora does it - on the end of their beds so that they can open it before they wake you? Do you let the little ones open them without you being there? I like seeing the reactions on her face for everything!
    With my kids we put the stockings downstairs near the fireplace so father Christmas can fill them when he comes down the chimney. My kids are 3 and 6 years old so still believe! Also (so far) theyhaven't woken earlier than normal but I think putting stockings at the end of the bed would get them waking up early!

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    We've always put the Stockings at the foot of the children's beds and until he was 11 DS would then bring his into ours to open, DD looked at hers on her own last year but then they both came to show us everything!

Our morning starts quite late, as we usually all go to midnight mass, so all late to bed and late to get up :0)

5. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    We've always put the Stockings at the foot of the children's beds and until he was 11 DS would then bring his into ours to open, DD looked at hers on her own last year but then they both came to show us everything! Our morning starts quite late, as we usually all go to midnight mass, so all late to bed and late to get up :0)
    My oldest three (13,17,19) always have their stockings at the end of the bed but youngest (4) said last year that she didn't want Santa in her room when she was sleeping so left hers outside the door!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizduncan72 View Post
    My oldest three (13,17,19) always have their stockings at the end of the bed but youngest (4) said last year that she didn't want Santa in her room when she was sleeping so left hers outside the door!
    Santa always came to our door and mum let him in as my brother thought if he could get down the chimney, anyone could and it worried him. This thread is bringing back so many childhood memories that I had forgotten.

9. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    We've always put the Stockings at the foot of the children's beds and until he was 11 DS would then bring his into ours to open, DD looked at hers on her own last year but then they both came to show us everything!

Our morning starts quite late, as we usually all go to midnight mass, so all late to bed and late to get up :0)
    It was always part of the tradition in our house that the children had to bring stocking in to our room and open them in or on our bed - became a little bit of a squash and a squeeze when they were 20, 17 & 10!

11. Likes FloraDora, Mouse, SYLVIA, Dragonfly liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to visit a joke shop either online or in real life. Hawkins bazaar is a good shop, and wicked uncle. My boys always get some books, and loads of sweets (mostly because sweets get consumed so don't add to the infernal clutter in their room) and other eatables, and lots of joke stuff. They always get one serious thing from santa, related to their interests, so for one of mine it will be a history of forensics type book, the other it will be a DnD based thing, and for the squirt he has got ... oh poo, I forgot what he has got, and where I've hidden it ...

Maybe yours would like a new music book for him to play?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    You have to visit a joke shop either online or in real life. Hawkins bazaar is a good shop, and wicked uncle. My boys always get some books, and loads of sweets (mostly because sweets get consumed so don't add to the infernal clutter in their room) and other eatables, and lots of joke stuff. They always get one serious thing from santa, related to their interests, so for one of mine it will be a history of forensics type book, the other it will be a DnD based thing, and for the squirt he has got ... oh poo, I forgot what he has got, and where I've hidden it ...

Maybe yours would like a new music book for him to play?
    Thanks for those ideas. I'll have a look x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12