Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 1st December 2016

This year does seem to have gone really quickly.

So that's it 24 sleeps till the big day. 15 days till I finish not sure what I think is the most important

Have you all started your shopping yet?

What lovely things have you got planned?

And the really big question is will it be a white Christmas
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    This year does seem to have gone really quickly.

So that's it 24 sleeps till the big day. 15 days till I finish not sure what I think is the most important

Have you all started your shopping yet?

What lovely things have you got planned?

And the really big question is will it be a white Christmas
    I agree ... I'm sure it should only be about March!

One minute I think I'm almost done with shopping, then I remember everything else I still need to get!

I'm hoping for a dry and cold Christmas and if it snows that would be fine as we're not going anywhere!

Just a few crafts planned along with advent calendars and candle for mindees plus Christmas sensory tray, and our annual favourite... writing cards and posting them in our postbox! It gets everyone writing!

Family wise we have multitude of Christmas concerts and carol services to take part in and attend, DD has panto and we're going to see Beauty and the Beast ballet and Kate Rusby in concert! Busy busy busy!

Happy December everyone!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm always really late to get started on Christmas shopping, but I am actually ahead of schedule this year! I'm still nowhere near finishing, but usually on the 1st December I haven't even started, so I'm feeling quite smug

4. Likes mama2three liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im the same mouse , I still have loads to buy but I have actually started!!

But more importantly...its december...bring on the christmas tree smiley please !!

6. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was reading last December's posts last night and I was remembering how you made me laugh so much Mouse with your last minute shopping plans! Congratulations on having started already!

Well I went against my rules on advent calendars this year and DD has got a minions one - she got it for her birthday from someone else. Normally I insist on a Christmasy one with no chocolate or gifts inside. Now I fear there may be no going back. I was disappointed, as I knew I would be with this calendar - there wasn't even a picture behind the door, let alone a Christmas picture. The little toy inside was good quality though and made her laugh though.

Tonight DD has a netball match after school (outdoors ) and so by the time we have then done homework there won't be much time for a Christmas craft. Tomorrow she is singing at Westminster Abbey and I was really looking forward to it - but the parents are not invited! Tomorrow I am meeting up with an old mindee's family before they move out of the area and then it is DD's Christmas Fair in the afternoon - I'm on a stall in the playground boo hoo. I'm full of a cold and can't find my gloves anywhere, so I'm off to buy some shortly.

On Saturday evening we are going to the Christmas lights at Kew Gardens. Very excited but I feel so rough right now and am aching all over.

Can't think beyond Saturday right now but I know my December calendar has got something written on it for nearly every day - that makes me happy and freaks me out in equal measures!

I love our December posts - keep them coming! x

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty much on top of my Christmas present shopping as my boys are older there is less to buy and the 2 Uni ones want money mainly. But I'm really chuffed as I managed to get a Xmas home delivery slot with my supermarket although I did have to stay up after midnight to secure it. I'm loving the buzz coming from the mindees as they constantly chat about Santa and they all have an 'elf on the shelf'. Sounds like my parents are busy every evening trying to get the elf to upstage the day before.

9. Likes Maza liked this post