Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I have one mum who's on TTO for 'wraparound' care with no fee for when her DS is at preschool, so she does very well out of me, as most CMs here would be charging her holiday retainers, time spent at the other setting, etc. I had DS for a few hours emergency care last week so she got a £12 bill for it, payment due today. Cheeky mare has messaged to say she's decided to carry it over to her next bill "because it's too small to bother with." Yes, in a sense, it is too small to bother with, but I'm very p155ed off by her attitude. Particularly as she is doing this Forever Living sales pyramid thing and she relies on lots of small payments. I think I might tell all her customers to hold off paying for their overpriced aloe vera cr4p until September "because it's too small to bother with" and see how she likes it.

Just checked my bank to find I've received a total of £60 on time this month. That won't even cover next week's food costs, so I'm sorely tempted to 'phone round and tell some mums their child will be going hungry.

Sorry, this has turned into a rant.
    Rant away!
    I always like reading your rants

On the whole I normally enjoy the holidays, no ridged timetable beyond food times, and even they can be more flexible, but for some reason, I'm really not feeling it this year.
    Everything seems to be so much more expensive, DS is in his last year at high school and has had so much additional money for the various final year trips that I'm skinted anyway lol, weather can't make it's mind up what it wants to do, I'm feeling really lethargic, as are the kids, aaargh!!

Ah well, I'm off on my holibobs a week on sunday, hopefully the break will do me good and give me back some mojo.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nothing much changes on the holidays. I don't have any schoolies and my preschool children come as usual. The only difference is no play groups but we find other things to do.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been finding it tough this week with my own kids being home so much. The beginning of the week was fine but I am slowly being drained of energy. Also potty training my 3 yo doesn't help! The sun is out today so a trip to the park is in order!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post
    I've been finding it tough this week with my own kids being home so much. The beginning of the week was fine but I am slowly being drained of energy. Also potty training my 3 yo doesn't help! The sun is out today so a trip to the park is in order!
    Sometimes it can be hard when your own are at home too, especially if their interests and needs clash with those of the mindees.

Post Thanks / Like

I always say my mindees are easy it's my own child that's difficult!!

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain Bunyip! I can really identify with all you've said plus I have 1 family who have been with me for 4 years so you'd think they would know how things work but they usually forget to tell me when their boys are not coming in the holidays as they have gone to stay with grandparents for a week. Or the family has gone on holiday. As their arrival time is 3.00p.m. If we are out we have to be back for that time and then----- no show! One year we were out and at 2.00p.m. dad phoned to say where were we??? Annoyed to say the least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12