Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Saving Photos

Good morning,

I woke up this morning in an absolute panic, having dreamt that the computer had died ( that really is a disaster ) and that I had lost all the photos stored on it. I also have all my photos on a photo print site, but then started to think about what would happen if that site disappeared!

SO .... how does everyone store/save all their digital photos? I was wondering about a memory stick, but I'd be worried about it corrupting. I'm not confident about how safe 'clouds' are.

Thanks

xx

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use flickr, 2 memory sticks, dropbox, I periodically send my mum a disc full, store them on my laptop and on the squirts hard drive. I mean, I'm not paranoid or anything, I just like to think I am prepared for computer crashes, house fires, zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, husband 'fixing' my laptop......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    I use flickr, 2 memory sticks, dropbox, I periodically send my mum a disc full, store them on my laptop and on the squirts hard drive. I mean, I'm not paranoid or anything, I just like to think I am prepared for computer crashes, house fires, zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, husband 'fixing' my laptop......
    Lol sounds like you've got all bases covered!! ;-)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to take photos on my digital camera, download them to my laptop and they are all automatically saved to OneDrive. I've then got them on the memory card, laptop and OneDrive, so should be covered!

I don't take many on my phone or Ipad, but if I do, they save straight to OneDrive.

I like it because I can access all my photos from whichever devise I'm on.

EDIT: I've also got an external hard drive that I back everything up on now and again.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would take alien invasion zombie apocalypse out of your list. Nintendo have proven that it's impossible to cope with pokemon go servers never mind a real emergency.
    #addicted
    #stilllookingforapikachu

But on a more serious matter I send all mine to different clouds
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

apparently i have an evie in my garden!!

i do the same as mouse , phone , laptop , onedrive...although onedrive has just reduced their free storage so Ive had to move a load from there back onto my laptop. what i really need to do is sort through them , send each parent of file of their own child , and delete them from my files.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) Thanks.

Will look into onedrive etc

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I would take alien invasion zombie apocalypse out of your list. Nintendo have proven that it's impossible to cope with pokemon go servers never mind a real emergency.
    #addicted
    #stilllookingforapikachu

But on a more serious matter I send all mine to different clouds
    That's where the old school disc and memory stick come in

Spent the morning walking around our new town hunting down pokemon. I've had to remember all the landmarks of the town I lived in quarter of a century ago for them both (son and husband!!). They are both happy little cherubs now with their respective phones bursting full of pokemon.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's where the old school disc and memory stick come in

Spent the morning walking around our new town hunting down pokemon. I've had to remember all the landmarks of the town I lived in quarter of a century ago for them both (son and husband!!). They are both happy little cherubs now with their respective phones bursting full of pokemon.
    For about ten minutes I was the owner of a gym. Admittedly I had to hand my phone to a the teenager but youngest 2 now think I'm cool
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes singingcactus liked this post