Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default HAVE WE SURVIVED THE HEATWAVE

Must admit its been a really really lovely day. if we got this weather all the time it would make life so much easier

The only thing that its stopped is the amount of time we spent playing pokemon go outside. You know its a craze when mindees parents ring to see if you were playing as they wanted to come and hunt with us
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We had one of those nothing days!

Played at childrens centre this morning, came home and played in the water in the shade. Collected DD from a school and took her for a dance exam, along with picnic lunch. Back to school then home for a sleep. LOs collected then picked 3 up afterschool ... we all lay under the tree and ate tea there! Carried on lying there until mindees all collected!

Have 101 things i ought to be doing .. but really can't be bothered ☺

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Survived is about it, hate the miserable heat Loving this current downpour we're having....had....just stopped as I typed that Roll on the rainclouds

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    Survived is about it, hate the miserable heat Loving this current downpour we're having....had....just stopped as I typed that Roll on the rainclouds
    We had half a dozen huge drops of rain around 10.30 and that has been it! It's still warm, but has got windy! And it now it looks like storm clouds are gathering. :-) love a good storm .. But not at school run time so I expect it to arrive in the next 45 minutes!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

it windier and slightly cloudier but still scorchio here ...day 3 of having the waterslide in the garden for entertainment!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been hotter here today than it was yesterday and the children have really struggled.

We played outside till lunchtime, but they had no energy at all this afternoon so we ended up watching a DVD after lunch. We stayed indoors all afternoon and they weren't happy at home time when they had to go back out in the heat. I sent them all home with drinks of water to keep them going.

Why is it we have to have either torrential rain for weeks or blazing heat for a few days? Why can't we have nice 'in between' weather when it's warm enough to stay outside all day, but not too hot that we're all wilting in the heat?

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

We had half a dozen huge drops of rain around 10.30 and that has been it! It's still warm, but has got windy! And it now it looks like storm clouds are gathering. :-) love a good storm .. But not at school run time so I expect it to arrive in the next 45 minutes!
    We have just had the same rushed get the washing in and it's complete stopped
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had all he windows open day and night, and I'm finding several varieties of creepy crawlies in the house. In hate them.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

And here comes the torrential rain!

I just had time to dash out into the garden and grab the toys before they got drenched. It's much cooler now, so I hope it stays like this long enough for my heat headache to clear

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still warm here and no rain.
    Another lovely day- found a really shady part of the nature reserve with cool wind through the trees to hold a mini sports day. Did it at 8.45 so not too warm for all that running.
    Last day for two of my LO's so rather in a demob mood.

It looks like for some the heatwave is over but the government have put out some me info to help us!

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._JRM_FINAL.PDF
    Last edited by FloraDora; 20-07-2016 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Demob had changed to demon!

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Still warm here and no rain.
    Another lovely day- found a really shady part of the nature reserve with cool wind through the trees to hold a mini sports day. Did it at 8.45 so not too warm for all that running.
    Last day for two of my LO's so rather in a demob mood.

It looks like for some the heatwave is over but the government have put out some me info to help us!

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._JRM_FINAL.PDF
    Thank you for sharing the info FloraDora.

Still very hot and sunny here but slightly cooler than yesterday. Spent ages testing 'weight' with feathers etc placed in front of the fan to see what floats and blows away. Lo's aged 3&4 and thorough risk assessment done before hand and never left alone with the fan!

14. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    And here comes the torrential rain! I just had time to dash out into the garden and grab the toys before they got drenched. It's much cooler now, so I hope it stays like this long enough for my heat headache to clear
    Urgh, I have THE worst heat headache ever! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Why does it always rain on the school run?!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Urgh, I have THE worst heat headache ever! :-(
    Mine took forever to clear last night, but luckily it's much cooler today and the headache has stayed away.

Make sure you keep sipping water

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Been hot today where I was, but not so bad. Mostly cos I've been in the car for 4 hours with the air con turned up high I did pop over to see an old old friend this morning and he had us sitting out in the yard - I never ever sit outside - and now I have a bit of a pink shoulder :O I've never had anything like a sun burn ever, but really didn't expect to be sat outdoors for a couple of hours in direct sunlight. Still, seeing my old friend was definitely worth the slight pickness. My son got to go up to the attic and play with the model railway I used to play with as a kid , and he got to see his amazing new school.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Still warm here and no rain. Another lovely day- found a really shady part of the nature reserve with cool wind through the trees to hold a mini sports day. Did it at 8.45 so not too warm for all that running. Last day for two of my LO's so rather in a demob mood. It looks like for some the heatwave is over but the government have put out some me info to help us! https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._JRM_FINAL.PDF
    I remember that document being circulated last year when it was hot...a whole year, where did that go?!

20. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

First full day of summer hols here in Kent and although it's cloudier it's still really warmer. Spent the day at penshurst and have been slapping on the factor 50 all day! Just been for my Pilates class which seemed so much harder because of the humidity

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    First full day of summer hols here in Kent and although it's cloudier it's still really warmer. Spent the day at penshurst and have been slapping on the factor 50 all day! Just been for my Pilates class which seemed so much harder because of the humidity
    Gosh I can imagine, good on you for still exercising in this weather! :-)