Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default woohoo almost the weekend :-)

So ... What are everyone's plans for this weekend?

I knew I had to spend it baking as we have a dance school fundraiser on Sunday selling afternoon teas :-) but thought it would be a pretty relaxed weekend.

Then I realised silver band were playing at local school fair, DD has a party and then also a dance class.

I've been asked to serve at church which means i'll be there all Sunday morning and just had phone call asking if I can/will take DD for a tutu fitting tomorrow morning!

Have good weekends everyone xx

2. Likes hectors house liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    So ... What are everyone's plans for this weekend?

I knew I had to spend it baking as we have a dance school fundraiser on Sunday selling afternoon teas :-) but thought it would be a pretty relaxed weekend.

Then I realised silver band were playing at local school fair, DD has a party and then also a dance class.

I've been asked to serve at church which means i'll be there all Sunday morning and just had phone call asking if I can/will take DD for a tutu fitting tomorrow morning!

Have good weekends everyone xx
    I have actually got quite a chilled weekend.
    I'm going out tomorrow with a group of friends to see a wham and Duran Duran tribute and we are going all out 80s. Fingers crossed it's nice as it's outside.

Sunday ds1 has his wing field day and has to be at squadron for 630. Then we will go to church as it's the 3rd week of dd2s first communion so will go to celebrate with them.

My brother lands on Sunday so it will go from a manic house to a very chaotic house for a few days
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

First day of summer holidays here, my boy had a sleepover last night but obviously not much sleep was had!

He's now at a birthday party while I do last minute holiday shopping before we leave on Monday.

Also got his last swimming club session later.

Thought holidays were meant to be relaxing?!

I am going out for cocktails and dinner tomorrow night though so that'll be good!

6. Likes hectors house, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DD finds out today which class she is in next year. Last year she was heartbroken that they didn't put her and her best friend in the same class. Amazingly they have stayed best friends despite being in separate classes. Her friend is coming over for a playdate tonight, so I'll either have two very happy or very sad little girls to entertain tonight.

Tomorrow I'm going to do my second Parkrun and try to beat my time from last week. Then DD and I are having very overdue haircuts. I have to do some last minute shopping for holiday bits and bobs (flying out on Thursday).

Sunday DD has a party and then we are going for pub tea with her best friend and her parents.

Loocyloo I used to love going for tutu fittings. What colour/shade is it? That's the most important question!

Fussy, where is your brother landing from?

Kellib, hopefully your son will have an extra early night tonight, and maybe even a lie in tomorrow!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow is official opening of the refurbished sports centre where my daughter works, so I may go along and do some free classes in the morning, it's also the start of the Frome festival, so a big Food Fest in town tomorrow with live music so that's a must and then on Sunday we are going to see our friends who have just returned from an adult gap year - I have a feeling I will be even more disillusioned with working by the time Monday comes although I know they have to find jobs now they are back, they are already talking about saving money and heading off again after Xmas.

Enjoy your 80's gig Fussy Elmo - I wanted to go to a big 80's gig (actual artists) down in Exeter and Southampton over the next 2 Saturdays but to cover other people's holidays my husband has to work both of them, so we can't go

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    First day of summer holidays here, my boy had a sleepover last night but obviously not much sleep was had!

He's now at a birthday party while I do last minute holiday shopping before we leave on Monday.

Also got his last swimming club session later.

Thought holidays were meant to be relaxing?!

I am going out for cocktails and dinner tomorrow night though so that'll be good!
    Have a lovely holiday - where are you going?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    DD finds out today which class she is in next year. Last year she was heartbroken that they didn't put her and her best friend in the same class. Amazingly they have stayed best friends despite being in separate classes. Her friend is coming over for a playdate tonight, so I'll either have two very happy or very sad little girls to entertain tonight.

Tomorrow I'm going to do my second Parkrun and try to beat my time from last week. Then DD and I are having very overdue haircuts. I have to do some last minute shopping for holiday bits and bobs (flying out on Thursday).

Sunday DD has a party and then we are going for pub tea with her best friend and her parents.

Loocyloo I used to love going for tutu fittings. What colour/shade is it? That's the most important question!

Fussy, where is your brother landing from?

Kellib, hopefully your son will have an extra early night tonight, and maybe even a lie in tomorrow!
    I did sign up for Parkrun and printed off my number but seem to have been plagued with niggling injuries and haven't got to run in one yet - I'm not a natural runner though! Hope you have fun and you beat your PB.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I did sign up for Parkrun and printed off my number but seem to have been plagued with niggling injuries and haven't got to run in one yet - I'm not a natural runner though! Hope you have fun and you beat your PB.
    Lol! I signed up about a year ago and only just got round to doing one last week! I have been doing the junior parkrun (2k) with DD though. I 'should' be able to beat my pb - it was pretty slow!

You are very enthusiastic - trying 'some' free classes! My body would be shocked if I tried just 'one' class!

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

My youngest has summer fete at school on Saturday - I'm on the chocolate tombola - yeah !!!!

Then she is up yo London for the Big Gig with Guides.

My oldest went on her DofE practice last weekend and then straight into work experience. She is soooo tired, I think she will sleep all weekend. Plus it's her 17th birthday today.

I'm mums taxi again this weekend. No wonderful tutu fittings sadly for me

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE="loocyloo;1423812"

Have good weekends everyone xx[/QUOTE]

My dd was very excited at they are being good fairies and are having wings in her next show.

She is 17 so I guess you need every opportunity to have fairy wings lol
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

16. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL! everyone is so busy!

enjoy your holidays all those off on, and those getting ready for holidays

Maza - I have no idea what colour the tutu is !!!! I know white was/is the base colour ... but so far we've had just white with 'diamonds', white & turquoise, white with dark navy overlay, and 'rainbow unicorn' ???? !!!! I decided that as she has to wear it, and the tutu maker has to make it, it was up to them! I have reminded DD that she will be wearing this tutu for the next few years, so she needs to really like/want/live with what she chooses! ( all I ask is that pink ballet shoes go with it! same as her tap costume - she can have whatever she likes, as long as black tap shoes work! - we were at a dance festival recently, and one dance school; all the girls had glittered tap shoes, in the same colour/pattern as their costumes !!!! its fine as long as they don't grow and you need to replace a dozen pairs of dance shoes at the same time, especially competition ones that might only be worn a few times! ) sorry - little shoe rant over!

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds way too busy for me lol. I will be packing, showing the moving guy around and playing dungeons and dragons this weekend. I am so tired from all the crazy packing and returning the rented house back to pre-childminding appearance that I just need some quieter time.

20. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    My dd was very excited at they are being good fairies and are having wings in her next show.

She is 17 so I guess you need every opportunity to have fairy wings lol
    I have been known to sport the odd pair of fairy wings myself

When I lived in Sydney, a friend and I were in the botanical gardens, and came across a wedding where the bride, groom, attendants et al were all in full size butterfly wings !!! the poor registrar did look a little bemused. Even the harpist had wings on! We just couldn't stop laughing. When my friend got married, they went abroad secretly - she still says it was just so I didn't turn up in fairy wings!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    That sounds way too busy for me lol. I will be packing, showing the moving guy around and playing dungeons and dragons this weekend. I am so tired from all the crazy packing and returning the rented house back to pre-childminding appearance that I just need some quieter time.
    have a nice restful weekend xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo, that brings back happy shoe memories- for me, not sure my mum would regard them as happy memories. Do people still dye tap/jazz shoes? I remember every year having to hang several pairs of shoes on the washing line to spray them with car paint. I've still go a pair of my old tap shoes and the heel is a bit chipped and you can see layers and layers of paint - silver, pillarbox red, cobalt blue, sunflower yellow, gold... My dad used to go mad with the smell, which is why we had to start spraying them outside.

24. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Have a lovely holiday - where are you going?
    Off to Lanzarote for a fortnight. It's my sons 11th birthday while we're there so trying to figure out what presents I can take and what needs left behind.

Have a good weekend everyone

26. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh loocyloo, that brings back happy shoe memories- for me, not sure my mum would regard them as happy memories. Do people still dye tap/jazz shoes? I remember every year having to hang several pairs of shoes on the washing line to spray them with car paint. I've still go a pair of my old tap shoes and the heel is a bit chipped and you can see layers and layers of paint - silver, pillarbox red, cobalt blue, sunflower yellow, gold... My dad used to go mad with the smell, which is why we had to start spraying them outside.
    oh yes .... tap and jazz shoes get sprayed ( and then have to be sprayed black again for exams! ) a friends DD has just spent a couple of hours decorating her point shoes multicoloured with sharpies!

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

oh yes .... tap and jazz shoes get sprayed ( and then have to be sprayed black again for exams! ) a friends DD has just spent a couple of hours decorating her point shoes multicoloured with sharpies!
    I remember having to spray and glitter dip my tap shoes silver and dye my ballet shoes red. Happy memories here too but again prob not for my grandma who paid for it all!

29. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DD and her best friend are in the same class, so yippeeeee!

Decorating shoes with a sharpie pen - that's a new one!

31. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora, singingcactus liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A nice quiet weekend with DH planned.
    RSPB walk tomorrow with cameras, Friends for dinner, football, reading my new book, trying out a set of lush bath time nice things that I had for my birthday in March!
    Gardening if the weather allows me, my herbs have grown double the size in the last fortnight and need cutting and freezing pronto. Colouring.
    Happy weekend to everyone.

33. Likes loocyloo liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast