Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default sun cream for heat rash

Good morning,

I know that a couple of years ago ( maybe more! ) I posted a question about sensitive suncream to help prevent heat rash. But I can't find that post anywhere!

DS has reactions to lots of suncream, AND gets heat rash!

I remember that an expensive suncream was recommended, as well as ( I think ) ASDA sensitive suncream.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or suggestions?

DS seems to be ok in UK when its hot, but 4 years ago in Menorca suffered really badly. 2 years ago we went to Crete and I used whatever was recommended and he was fine! ... Off to Menorca again this summer and I can't remember what I will need to get!

also, any recommendations for creams/lotions etc to help if DS DOES get heat rash? I have calamine and he takes anti histimines. I have Eurax & Lanacane which are good, but are they any good for heat rash?

THANK YOU!

xxx

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont know what was recommended but i use moo goo on me n my ds. It has to be reapplied as its natural n only 15spf but the base is this lovely moisturiser that i use anyway. My ds gets very hot n sweaty if i use anything else on him.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

My 4 years old son got the worst heat rush 2 days ago.. i used a subcream what i used before..
    So i did my research last night. I remember 3 what was recommended - im trying out 2 of them in the near future as the are on sales in tesco right now. Nivea for sensitive skin and garnier ambre solaire. They supposed to be free of too many bad stuff also light, non greasy. No experience yet!
    The third one is P20 which i never knew but is a gel cream and you use once a day. Again i dont have personal experience but on other forums they kept nentioning it.

I learnt one thing: if you dont need 50 spf then dont use it because they have more chemicals in them.

This is my research from last night hopefully it helps.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to write ambre solar again look for the one d3signed for senditive kids-childr3n.

Today i will make a camomile infusion as i know my child is not allergic to camomile and will try to wash his skin with it. It works the best on nappy rash!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) Thanks x