Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default What a miserable Monday

Wet and miserable here

So what are you all up to today Im currently making chocolate mousse for later.

Only have 2 after school children here tonight so going to make cheese scones I think
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wet here too. So i have made an indoor sandpit and the two boys are loving it but i am now scared to look in the play room. I think it will be messy.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DH and LO's have made cheese scones too for snack this afternoon!
    Planned football links today, but the field is so wet we just dribbled them along the paths in the nature reserve instead!

I bought some pens you can draw on the windows with a few weeks ago and today we have used the raindrops to make dot to dot pictures on the patio doors. Then we chased the drops down leaving a line trail - good fun and an alternative mark making activity. Then we all cleaned the Windows ....which was even more fun. I have been given a Kercher window cleaner and the children enjoyed sucking up the water with it after making a great soapy mess ( trays on the floor!).

So quite a good morning really...despite the change in weather.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

After 2 weeks of being on holiday with my husband and another couple travelling round Canada in a RV I'm finding it very hard to be home without any adult company or conversation - I have 4 children under 3 today so can't go far.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're doing an around the world book tour right now, and today we have been in the rain forests of south america. We were supposed to be in the very real north yorkshire woods but the girls all came in pretty little sandals and anaraks and with the rain coming down I figured staying at home was a better call.

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    DH and LO's have made cheese scones too for snack this afternoon!.
    No cheese scones here as I have had to cancel work as ds2 got taken out at football and received a lovely bump to his head. 3 hours at the Iocal walk in centre has lead to a very long afternoon
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

No cheese scones here as I have had to cancel work as ds2 got taken out at football and received a lovely bump to his head. 3 hours at the Iocal walk in centre has lead to a very long afternoon
    Oh fussy, hope he is ok.

I've spent all day on a school trip to the woods :-) a bit midge bitten but warm (well, if not exactly warm, not cold!) overcast weather.
    Just been out for a cup of tea and cake with a friend and now I really ought to think about what I'm doing next week. Edited to say I mean THIS week!!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 13-06-2016 at 04:21 PM.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Oh fussy, hope he is ok.

I've spent all day on a school trip to the woods :-) a bit midge bitten but warm (well, if not exactly warm, not cold!) overcast weather.
    Just been out for a cup of tea and cake with a friend and now I really ought to think about what I'm doing next week. Edited to say I mean THIS week!!
    Hes okay just got to keep an eye on him well apart from a cob on him because I wont let him go on a computer

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Oh fussy, hope he is ok.

I helped out on DDs school trip last week. We went to Kew Gardens and I would have loved overcast weather. It was roasting and even with all those trees around we were somehow never in the shade. Came home with a massive headache - not a sun lover (except for two weeks a year when I am by a pool and a beach).

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a lovely monday.Came back from an overnight stay in bournemouth and spent the afternoon helping DP make a new shed for my minding toys and stuff. Its huge and an extension to the one we built a few years ago but at least my stuff wont get ruined this winter, with the damp. Im off all this week so lots of catching up on paper work and housework and messing about making my fairy garden

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    After 2 weeks of being on holiday with my husband and another couple travelling round Canada in a RV I'm finding it very hard to be home without any adult company or conversation - I have 4 children under 3 today so can't go far.
    Hh, I was just sat here thinking how I would like to care for a 4th eyfs child on a certain day, how is it that you have 4 under age 3, are two of them siblings? Just wondered what your scenario is? X

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Hh, I was just sat here thinking how I would like to care for a 4th eyfs child on a certain day, how is it that you have 4 under age 3, are two of them siblings? Just wondered what your scenario is? X
    No not siblings - existing parent needed an extra day - not really what I wanted on first day back but her needs were greater than mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    No not siblings - existing parent needed an extra day - not really what I wanted on first day back but her needs were greater than mine.
    Is that a permanent arrangement? I want to go over ratios for 5.5 hours a day one day...but don't know if it's allowed...

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post

Is that a permanent arrangement? I want to go over ratios for 5.5 hours a day one day...but don't know if it's allowed...
    Depends on why you want to go over numbers. If it's to take a new child on then no you can't