Good morning how is half term going for you all?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning how is half term going for you all?

Its a bit overcast here at the minute.

Only got one mindee here today so we have made a choc and orange loaf cake to take for our picnic. We are off the the swimming and sports hall.

have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Rained almost non stop so far and I have one potty training (since sat with parents) and first day in with me training. So finished decorating cakes we made yesterday, made pizza pinwheels and played in the rain looking for slugs and lots of free play. So far 4 wees on potty and poo in pants- not too bad!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Had a lovely windy walk on the beach watching HUGE waves and collecting lots of 'fossils' ... Some 'Devils toenails' and a couple of ammonites (not brilliant ones), fossilised seaweed and shells :-) AND lots of pretty stones :-)
    I did take ribbon wands and kites to fly, but it was too windy ... they'd have blown away!
    Now home and about to build/create a display box for our finds :-) Luckily the 2 LOs are not that fussed and the older 2 are siblings ... so they can take it home :-):-)

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not half term up here (only 4 weeks until summer holidays!) but it's gorgeous again today so we've been out in the sunshine all day. Kids are very tired now so are just chilling out, had to close the blinds to keep the room cool for them!

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Having a lovely week. As I stopped childminding late last year, I am still getting used to having holidays just with DD. I have to say, it is wonderful - although she does miss the mindees sometimes.

Had a couple of lovely creative days at home. Today, DD was at her friend's house and so I went to a National Trust place by myself to buy some gorgeous toy kittens that she really wanted last time we were there. I told her that she would have to wait for her birthday. I couldn't wait until her birthday and so I left one of them by our door with a note, saying it had been abandoned and could she look after it etc etc. She has been busy writing it notes, making it a basket, sewing toys for it, so it's kept her busy. While I was at the national trust place, I saw a couple of ladies who were obviously childminders! Lucky children would have had a lovely day out.

Tomorrow we're off on a parent/child painting course at a local arts college. I'll totally be bottom of the class!

7. Likes loocyloo, Ellisha liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a houseful yesterday. Tried to take them to the forest for a picnic but yet again the road was closed. We ended up at a local playpark where we had our picnic in the rain. Then once everyone was shivering enough we went back home to play world of warcraft and watch a film with the central heating on

I spent the evening last night playing dungeons and dragons with my teenagers and youngest. Will be continuing that tonight once the kiddos have gone home, so trying to work out whether we should go sort out the red cloak gang at the manor, or the undead at the abandoned lookout tower first. Or even go deal with the goblins who killed our boss before anything else. Decisions...

Today we're doing loads of baking, once the heating has kicked in and I can face standing on the cold kitchen floor. I was supposed to be having some older kids today and tomorrow, but their dad was stood down for the week so they only came yesterday. Also just been told 2 of my little ones aren't with me tomorrow now either, so will only have 1 little one for a few hours. Which all means my teenagers will have a LOT of cakes to eat this weekend.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Half term here so week off for me. Had a lovely relaxing start in Exmoor area.
    Now back to reality, sorting mil estate, half termly reviews, clearing out my wardrobe and having two new back tyres fitted. Life can be mundane sometimes.
    On the highlight side, our Egrets are back on our lake, on their way to somewhere I think but managed to get good photos today. I have quickly tried to make an outfit for a doll out of an old blouse, discarded on wardrobe clear - 70's Laura Ashley, couldn't throw it and it turned out well so I'll make one a day now - the 4 year old just loves changing dolls clothes and complained we hadn't enough last week.
    Buying a superduper printer this afternoon for our photography that calibrates with our cameras so future photos should look like the camera photo we took. So will spend the evening printing I think - before and after Spring watch. We have a blu tit pair in our camera nest box so have our own Spring watch too.
    We have got a bit behind on our date days so coffee next whilst we decide which one to do tomorrow....garden visit, hike, jazz ( symphony hall has free jazz concert)...or what we should be doing which is Kenelworth castle visit. Carry on or catch up, that is the question.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Half term here so week off for me. Had a lovely relaxing start in Exmoor area.
    Now back to reality, sorting mil estate, half termly reviews, clearing out my wardrobe and having two new back tyres fitted. Life can be mundane sometimes.
    On the highlight side, our Egrets are back on our lake, on their way to somewhere I think but managed to get good photos today. I have quickly tried to make an outfit for a doll out of an old blouse, discarded on wardrobe clear - 70's Laura Ashley, couldn't throw it and it turned out well so I'll make one a day now - the 4 year old just loves changing dolls clothes and complained we hadn't enough last week.
    Buying a superduper printer this afternoon for our photography that calibrates with our cameras so future photos should look like the camera photo we took. So will spend the evening printing I think - before and after Spring watch. We have a blu tit pair in our camera nest box so have our own Spring watch too.
    We have got a bit behind on our date days so coffee next whilst we decide which one to do tomorrow....garden visit, hike, jazz ( symphony hall has free jazz concert)...or what we should be doing which is Kenelworth castle visit. Carry on or catch up, that is the question.

I was wondering how you were getting on with your ABC trips! As you know, we copied you, and it does come with first world dilemmas! Our 'p' is pottery but while searching for a pottery workshop I found the painting one which we are doing this afternoon - it was much cheaper and the timings suited us more and so we booked it. Of course we could have used 'painting class' for 'p', but we had our hearts set on pottery, so we'll book it for the Summer holidays if we like the format (pottery course at same venue). We're not doing them in order as some of our things are available on certain dates/seasons only. A few weeks ago we visited a 'windmill' for 'w' (obviously!). It was fabulous and is right where we live - we have been meaning to go for years and this abc challenge finally made us do it.

11. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

not back to childminding yet but off work (nursery nurse) with back problems, so enjoying beautiful sunshine and trying not to worry about not earning lol.

Weather here has been amazing for over a week now, cant believe it

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    [/COLOR]

I was wondering how you were getting on with your ABC trips! As you know, we copied you, and it does come with first world dilemmas! Our 'p' is pottery but while searching for a pottery workshop I found the painting one which we are doing this afternoon - it was much cheaper and the timings suited us more and so we booked it. Of course we could have used 'painting class' for 'p', but we had our hearts set on pottery, so we'll book it for the Summer holidays if we like the format (pottery course at same venue). We're not doing them in order as some of our things are available on certain dates/seasons only. A few weeks ago we visited a 'windmill' for 'w' (obviously!). It was fabulous and is right where we live - we have been meaning to go for years and this abc challenge finally made us do it.
    I quite liked the organisational aspect of doing it in alphabetical order and the seasonal challenge - but now we have missed three, your idea Maza might be easier!
    We didn't think about Kenilworth at half term, whilst great for families as there are Elizabethan activities going on tomorrow, DH and I do not want to spend our day with children! So your random way wins here as well.
    I have found a kayak centre and am hoping that I can persuade DH to do this instead meanwhile he has been experimenting with kite making and thinks ' let's go and fly a kite' will be a good day out together......we may do both.......we have an afternoon of discussion ahead.

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I quite liked the organisational aspect of doing it in alphabetical order and the seasonal challenge - but now we have missed three, your idea Maza might be easier!
    We didn't think about Kenilworth at half term, whilst great for families as there are Elizabethan activities going on tomorrow, DH and I do not want to spend our day with children! So your random way wins here as well.
    I have found a kayak centre and am hoping that I can persuade DH to do this instead meanwhile he has been experimenting with kite making and thinks ' let's go and fly a kite' will be a good day out together......we may do both.......we have an afternoon of discussion ahead.
    You see, that's the other first world problem that it creates! In our search we found several things beginning with certain letters and we wanted to try them all, or some events/trips have links to other similar ones which we go to. Now that DD has dropped her weekend hobbies (apart from swimming, which is late enough in the day to allow us to have a trip out) we have been on some great days out on the back of this concept - and a couple of days out that weren't as good as they thought they would be, but hey ho. We're loving it though, but we need to do some ticking off on that list on our fridge.

Oh my word, I wouldn't do Kenilworth in half term either! Let us know what you decide!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been quite down this week, I keep reading horrific stories in the press about child cruelty and it's really got me down! Must stop reading! :-(