oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Eurovision Song Contest

.... so .... is anyone watching?

I am ... I love Eurovision ♡

What do you think of our entry this year?
    I didn't like it when I watched 'song for europe' and much preferred 2 other acts, but it has grown on me and it could do well ... But who can predict Euro voting? !!!

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    .... so .... is anyone watching?

I am ... I love Eurovision ♡

What do you think of our entry this year?
    I didn't like it when I watched 'song for europe' and much preferred 2 other acts, but it has grown on me and it could do well ... But who can predict Euro voting? !!!
    No but I did watch the pointless Eurovision celebrity episode does that count lol

Busy day only just about to sit down
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've got the rugby (Lions/Blues) on but will put Eurovision on for a laugh.

Not heard our entry. Used to love it as a kid (Bucks Fizz era) and then watched it as a student and a group of us had a sweep stake. Then for about a decade I would never have been home on a Saturday night to watch it, but that has certainly changed, lol. Occasionally put it on if there really is nothing else on, but only half watch it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Eurovision, but we've been out and only just put it on. Have I missed UK entry?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No UK are number 25 out of 26

.... Did you see Russia? Wow ... amazing graphics.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    We've got the rugby (Lions/Blues) on but will put Eurovision on for a laugh.

Not heard our entry. Used to love it as a kid (Bucks Fizz era) and then watched it as a student and a group of us had a sweep stake. Then for about a decade I would never have been home on a Saturday night to watch it, but that has certainly changed, lol. Occasionally put it on if there really is nothing else on, but only half watch it.
    I bet you have heard our entry ... It's been every where!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Russia was really good - the graphics were similar to something that was on BGT the other week.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wasn't expecting Australia to do so well!

And who voted for Poland?

Liked Ukraine ... glad they won.
    Last edited by loocyloo; 14-05-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't so keen on Ukraine, we had a point scoring system and our faves apart from UK were Australia (weird not in Europe lol), Russia, Sweden and Spain. We did not like Poland - can't believe they got so many points or Georgia who our judges liked?!?!??

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Turned it over after about two and a half songs.

Did we do well?

I'm quite enjoying Britain's Got Talent this year though because it is the firs time DD has got into I and so it's nice to watch together.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

News this morning told me we came third.......from last! Made me smile.

I never watch Saturday night TV, if we are in or not busy we often choose a box set to watch or start.
    I watched all of the BBC's Dark Ages series last night - really interesting.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That time of year again!!!!

Are you excited loocyloo?

14. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep!

Listening to Graham Norton playing lots of Euro songs.

We've got friends over for a BBQ ... hope they like Eurovision! We'll have it on anyway!

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Watching rugby i doubt we will be watching i dont think i know who is this years entry.

I do always think that its an opportunity to do a cheesy night with friends but then never do it
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

18. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Watching rugby i doubt we will be watching i dont think i know who is this years entry.

I do always think that its an opportunity to do a cheesy night with friends but then never do it
    We've had the flipping rugby on ALL DAY. I tell a lie, I did look up once to discover that the cricket was on instead. Back to rugby - Bulls v Sharks.

20. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    We've had the flipping rugby on ALL DAY. I tell a lie, I did look up once to discover that the cricket was on instead. Back to rugby - Bulls v Sharks.

Enjoy!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Enjoy!
    I won't enjoy sadly. I have tried and tried to get into rugby for my rugby mad hubby, but I now know that I will never get into it. I do feel sorry for him when all his mates watch it with their wives.

It's chucking it down here - hope your bbq isn't a wash out.

We are going to give the Eurovision a try again this year. So funny, old posts on here are like my personal diary at times. I just read that we watched half a song one year before turning it over, but last year we made it to one and a half songs. As much as Terry Wogan was an institution, Graham Norton does make me laugh, and I am just in the mood for frivolous tv.

Any predictions?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Maza;1434186]I won't enjoy sadly. I have tried and tried to get into rugby for my rugby mad hubby, but I now know that I will never get into it. I do feel sorry for him when all his mates watch it with their wives.

It's chucking it down here - hope your bbq isn't a wash out.

/QUOTE]

my dh is rugby mad too but its taken ds2 to start playing for me to learn the basic. I now know the offside rules etc.

Raining here too we have just gotten in after practising rugby at the park. My family are rugby mad.

Loocyloo hope the rain doesnt spoil your bbq

24. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well ....

Missed the whole thing bar the results!!!

DD and friends were singing&dancing and we were outside till the rain came and completely forgot!

All went ' Doh! '

But ... I did think Israel would do very well! I thought we might do better, but equally, it wouldn't matter who or what for UK, I don't think we'll ever win again! Euro is too political now

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All rather depressingly predictable. Eurovision seems to have selected the Israeli pseudo-freakshow entry on the basis of the song's subject. How much room is there left for awards ceremonies on the infantilising #MeToo bandwagon (you're nobody if you can't claim victimhood.) I just couldn't figure out how "I'm not your toy" sat with her dressing up to look exactly like something you might win at the fair. I personally enjoyed the image of Netta ("women are not Barbie dolls") being presented with the honours by the three hosts who had dressed up in such a way that they couldn't have looked any more like Barbie dolls if they'd been gift wrapped and shoved in your Xmas stocking.

The 'incident' during SuRie's turn seems to have attracted enough of a sympathy vote to save the UK from another bottom place in the wake of anti-Brexit trolling. I nearly wet my pant at Graham "I really want to be Terry Wogan" Norton's fumbling attemppts to describe things when he clearly didn't have a clue, culminating with his description of one solitary intruder as a "stage invasion". (Graham, er.... an "invasion" comprises multiple panzer divisions storming across the French border, not a sad lonely backpacker dragging a fleet-footed security guy across a stage.)

I thought Germany and France were both good, and thought Australia could win, though in hindsight, the Eurovision committee probably rigged it a bit cos they didn't fancy a 24 hour flight to the Sydney Opera House next year.

My personal favourite was the insanely entertaining Moldovan number. But i doubt anyone knows how to find Moldova, so hosting next year's gig would've been problematic.
    Last edited by bunyip; 13-05-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast