Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many loads of washing per week?

Just out of interest, how many loads of washing per week do you do?

My SIL recently told me that she does three loads per week, more if she has bedding. They have two small kids.

I do way more than that and we are a family of three. I don't know exactly how many I do but I'm thinking I should cut down!

What an exciting topic for a Friday night!

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

My SIL recently told me that she does three loads per week, more if she has bedding. They have two small kids.

I do way more than that and we are a family of three. I don't know exactly how many I do but I'm thinking I should cut down!

It's just me and two teenagers (son and daughter) in my house.... my dd can cause 3 loads a week alone between clothes and towels... but I usually do about 4 a week on average
    Tess1981

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

On a good day 2 loads on a bad one 4 loads.
    But we are a family of 6 add in football, athletic, dance and rugby kit
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is me, DH, DS (14) and DD (11)

I do a minimum of 2 white washes a week, 4 dark washes, a pink/red/purple wash, a towel wash, a bedding wash .... so usually at least one a day, although I try to do the majority at the weekend, and then a 2/3 'catch up' washes during the week ... usually when a PE, football or dance kit appears and is NEEDED tomorrow !!!!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a minimum of 2 loads a day - one dark load and one light load. If I can get away with only 2 loads it's a good day!

In addition to that I've got 4 lots of bedding to do each week and I do a load of towels most days.

Now that some of my kids have left home I feel I should have less washing to do, but somehow I end up with more as I end up doing bits belonging to the boys' girlfriends. Last week the eldest son's washing machine was out of action so I also had 2 loads of their washing to get through.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh good, you lot have made me feel better!

I actually like washing, it's about the only chore I do like. I think I'm like Dame Washalot from the Faraway Tree. Having said that, if we had to go back to how my mum used to do it - with a twin tub - I think I would quite quickly cut down.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I did 100 washes in the past two weeks. As i do some washing for a camping charity whose camps were a slight wash out due to weather.

Normally i guess with 3 of us i do about 6 loads a week. My ds is a muddy puddle jumper n gets through a few sets a day.

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do loads! Usually 1 per day in the week and then 2-3 each weekend day too! That's for family of 4 plus of course all the flannels and sheets and blankets from the minded kids. I then do another 2-3 a week as well depending on how many times I have had to change my sons bed (he wets through pull ups)

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareelizabeth1 View Post
    I did 100 washes in the past two weeks. As i do some washing for a camping charity whose camps were a slight wash out due to weather.

Normally i guess with 3 of us i do about 6 loads a week. My ds is a muddy puddle jumper n gets through a few sets a day.
    OMG! You are a saint. What a lovely thing to do. x

Post Thanks / Like

I do about 2 loads a day. Brilliant activity with the little ones covers so many areas of learning and a brilliant life skill to learn!!

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watford wizz View Post
    I do about 2 loads a day. Brilliant activity with the little ones covers so many areas of learning and a brilliant life skill to learn!!
    My 4 year old mindee's favourite job is cleaning the fluff out of the front of the tumble drier!!

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just me and my partner now that dd2 has moved out and I do 3 loads for clothes, one forbidding and one for towels. Most of the clothes washing is mine though

22. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 3 adults in the house.
    I load of dark of clothes
    1 load of light of clothes a week.
    I load of towels
    1 of bedding a week.
    I load of childminding bedding and towels
    1 load of Guinea Pig Bedding so 5 loads a week on average.

So 6 loads a week on average I tend to do 2 on a Tuesday,clothes, 2 on a Thursday, bedding and towels, 1 on a Friday, childminding stuff, and 1 on a Saturday, Guinea Pig stuff.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that so many of you do a separate towel wash. Is there a particular reason, out of interest? I just shove the white towels in with my whites wash, dark towels in with the darks etc.

Do you wash cloths separately?

25. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We use loads of towels even though there is just two of us. They easily make up a wash on their own plus I like to wash them on a high temperature and add extra softener. I generally have one personal towel wash a week.

Our business t towels and hand towels have to be washed on high - the food hygiene folk say this. We use all white so that we can put these in together. I do a business white wash every two days, that includes DH White aprons that he uses for business and the white sheets I use for children.

I do a business bibs, pillow cases and aprons wash once a week - but I do put the children's colourful cooking aprons in with our aprons. DH has his own non business aprons which the food tech teacher in him ensures he wears whenever he cooks for us or when he is enjoying baking etc...so they go in with the cooking apron wash.

Our clothes are as and when there is enough for a particular type of wash, usually one coloured ,one dark and one white a week, small loads though.
    Bedding is once a week too.

So quite a lot when I map it all out! For just two of us and the business.