Your holidays .....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Your holidays .....

Are you all having a holiday this year ?

If so where are you all going ?

Angel xxx

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got 2 weeks off at the end of August but only away for a long weekend to Brighton. Teenage sons refusing to come with us as one is going abroad with friends and the other one with his girlfriend. So we will be pottering the other days and probably catching up with jobs. Planning to go away October half term but need a destination that isn't a long flight as I'm 'afraid' of flying.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're going away at the beginning of July for 10 days to Fuerta Ventura. It will be our fourth year there, same resort, but it just works and we love it and can't wait.

4. Likes hectors house liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im going to tenerife on sunday...counting the hours now....!

6. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm off to New York in two weeks for a few days, it's my mums 50th present from my grandparents and I'm tagging along lol.

Then in July we have a big family holiday to Lanzarote.

8. Likes hectors house liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had a week in Rhodes over Easter and only 7 weeks until we head off to travel round Canada in a big RV with friends, really need to start finalising our itinerary and thinking about what we need to take with us.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Just had a week in Rhodes over Easter and only 7 weeks until we head off to travel round Canada in a big RV with friends, really need to start finalising our itinerary and thinking about what we need to take with us.
    Oh that sounds amazing! Would love to know what books you take and whether you recommend them. I love a good holiday read and am on the lookout already.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not this year Had the week off last week and have some other weeks booked throughout the year but not going away for the first time in a few years. Saving now for a holiday in a couple of years when dh and myself are celebrating the BIG 50
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been sat in a French square all afternoon with a pichot of wine, in the sunshine listening to a music quartet - wonderfully relaxing. Just back in hotel for a quick freshen up before our seafood dinner. Last minute decision - which is all the better. We had a long coast walk this morning.

The French children who have also been in the square have been wonderfully behaved too. Though we have seen a number of dummies...on quite old children...I try to switch off but inevitably my eyes are drawn to the children!

14. Likes Maza, BallyH, Pixie dust, Smiley liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh that sounds amazing! Would love to know what books you take and whether you recommend them. I love a good holiday read and am on the lookout already.
    I read The Revenant by Michael Punke while on holiday in Rhodes - maybe shouldn't have read a story about a horrific bear attack before "Going on a Bear Hunt" in Canada! Not sure what I will take to Canada, I had a voucher for my Kobo for Xmas so will enjoy choosing something to download - I prefer an actual book, but for holidays take an e-book.

In Rhodes I also read "Versions of Us" by Laura Barnett - which was good but would recommend it read as a real book as I find with an e-reader that it's not so easy to skip back if you need to double check something you don't understand - this book is like the film "sliding doors" but with 3 "what if" scenarios so it did get a bit confusing at times.

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I have been sat in a French square all afternoon with a pichot of wine, in the sunshine listening to a music quartet - wonderfully relaxing. Just back in hotel for a quick freshen up before our seafood dinner. Last minute decision - which is all the better. We had a long coast walk this morning.

The French children who have also been in the square have been wonderfully behaved too. Though we have seen a number of dummies...on quite old children...I try to switch off but inevitably my eyes are drawn to the children!

I love observing children/families from other cultures when I am on holiday.

18. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

We are going to center parks. Its just down the road to me and i have never been. So exciting

20. Likes hectors house liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:0) I'm currently in Scotland :0)

Bit wet though !

Off to Menorca in the summer ... need some guaranteed sun!

22. Likes hectors house liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareelizabeth1 View Post
    We are going to center parks. Its just down the road to me and i have never been. So exciting
    I have been several times to the Longleat one - I'm just 3 miles away from it, the Aqua Sauna spa is lovely. The trouble is because we live so close we never have the whole 4 days there at a weekend, we arrive after work on a Friday (instead of getting there mid afternoon) and always leave Sunday night (instead of being out of lodge at 10, but staying to use facilities until 3) - my husband hasn't ever been (other than to the childminders Xmas meal that we have there) I always go with my friends or other childminders.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    We're going away at the beginning of July for 10 days to Fuerta Ventura. It will be our fourth year there, same resort, but it just works and we love it and can't wait.
    Stayed in the Barcelo hotel in Costa Coletta about 5 years ago, the entertainment team were fantastic - don't really get into the activities on holiday but the fitness classes were great, the kids and the husbands did archery and rifle shooting and crazy golf each day and the evening entertainment was great fun - they put on part of a West End musical each night, including star light express and roller skated all around the stage and audience. We only booked for 10 days but had nearly an extra week as got stuck there with the ash cloud.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    I've got 2 weeks off at the end of August but only away for a long weekend to Brighton. Teenage sons refusing to come with us as one is going abroad with friends and the other one with his girlfriend. So we will be pottering the other days and probably catching up with jobs. Planning to go away October half term but need a destination that isn't a long flight as I'm 'afraid' of flying.
    Trouble is with Oct half term that you need to go somewhere like Canary Islands which is a 4 hour flight to guarantee to get some sun, or you could do a city break somewhere in Europe - we went to Rome on a cruise day trip and would love to go back again for a long weekend.

26. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been several times to the Longleat one - I'm just 3 miles away from it, the Aqua Sauna spa is lovely. The trouble is because we live so close we never have the whole 4 days there at a weekend, we arrive after work on a Friday (instead of getting there mid afternoon) and always leave Sunday night (instead of being out of lodge at 10, but staying to use facilities until 3) - my husband hasn't ever been (other than to the childminders Xmas meal that we have there) I always go with my friends or other childminders.
    Were not taking any partners with us either just me my two friends and their children.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

hectors house if you don't mind me asking how did you manage to have your childminders Xmas meal at your local Centre Parcs? I though you had to stay over to had access to everything.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    hectors house if you don't mind me asking how did you manage to have your childminders Xmas meal at your local Centre Parcs? I though you had to stay over to had access to everything.
    They do corporate Xmas parties in the big Venue there, lots of local small businesses book tables - it's a really good night, excellent food and normally a really good disco.

30. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I have been sat in a French square all afternoon with a pichot of wine, in the sunshine listening to a music quartet - wonderfully relaxing. Just back in hotel for a quick freshen up before our seafood dinner. Last minute decision - which is all the better. We had a long coast walk this morning. The French children who have also been in the square have been wonderfully behaved too. Though we have seen a number of dummies...on quite old children...I try to switch off but inevitably my eyes are drawn to the children!
    Dummies, my pet hate!

32. Likes FloraDora liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast