Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Stayed in the Barcelo hotel in Costa Coletta about 5 years ago, the entertainment team were fantastic - don't really get into the activities on holiday but the fitness classes were great, the kids and the husbands did archery and rifle shooting and crazy golf each day and the evening entertainment was great fun - they put on part of a West End musical each night, including star light express and roller skated all around the stage and audience. We only booked for 10 days but had nearly an extra week as got stuck there with the ash cloud.
    Gosh that sounds amazing. What month did you go - was it windy? We always go in July and enjoy the constant breeze as we don't feel as exhausted from the heat like we do in other destinations, and so we don't get as grouchy. Still get a great tan too.

We just love the airport too, which sounds strange, but it's always so calm. Did you go to the waterslide park? We haven't yet, but we might do this year. It has mixed reviews.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Gosh that sounds amazing. What month did you go - was it windy? We always go in July and enjoy the constant breeze as we don't feel as exhausted from the heat like we do in other destinations, and so we don't get as grouchy. Still get a great tan too.

We just love the airport too, which sounds strange, but it's always so calm. Did you go to the waterslide park? We haven't yet, but we might do this year. It has mixed reviews.
    Think we went in Easter hols (whenever the ash cloud was), we got caught out with the breeze as we arrived mid afternoon and went straight to the pool to sun bathe, not realizing how hot it actually was as it was quite hazy & windy - didn't put any sun cream on and got horribly burnt. We didn't hire a car so didn't go out very much other than on coach trip to the zoo (transport was free from outside hotel) and we did a coach tour of island - just had to go to listen to a bed presentation, but it wasn't a hard sell and we got free tour and glass of bucks fizz! We went with friends - our daughters were best friends and they became groupies of the entertainment team so they didn't want to leave hotel for long. Hope you enjoy your holiday - which resort do you stay in?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Think we went in Easter hols (whenever the ash cloud was), we got caught out with the breeze as we arrived mid afternoon and went straight to the pool to sun bathe, not realizing how hot it actually was as it was quite hazy & windy - didn't put any sun cream on and got horribly burnt. We didn't hire a car so didn't go out very much other than on coach trip to the zoo (transport was free from outside hotel) and we did a coach tour of island - just had to go to listen to a bed presentation, but it wasn't a hard sell and we got free tour and glass of bucks fizz! We went with friends - our daughters were best friends and they became groupies of the entertainment team so they didn't want to leave hotel for long. Hope you enjoy your holiday - which resort do you stay in?
    We stay in Corralejo. The hotel is Grande Bahia (sp?). We get a decent discount as we are returning customers.
    Is the zoo any good? We've also almost gone to it each holiday!

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love to travel, this year we are going to Croatia for 1 week in May (with DS17), 2 weeks in August to Austria, where my husband was born, we drive there (with DS17 and DD22). In October we are going to Lisbon with my mother, mother in law and DS17 and DD22. Also having a long weekend in Copenhagen and Edinburgh, this weekend we are going to Bath. My DS who is 20 has no interest in coming on holiday with us and has not for 3 years.

In 2 years and 4 months (not counting) time my DH will have 6 months paid leave for long service and I will be giving up Childminding, we will spend part of the time travelling around New Zealand and Australia and then part of the time travelling around Canada.

5. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still on our short break in France, French language day took me a little out of my comfort zone today but still brilliant.
    Currently have only a Scotland break booked in the summer - in a castle tower for a week with our boys and a wedding in the middle.
    Not a great heat seeker really - Alaska and Iceland are more up my street.....we are thinking of seeing 'the lights' in Iceland early next year......but we are not brilliant at prioritising a lot of money on holidays, I would rather do lots of short breaks and live a good life all year round.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Are you all having a holiday this year ?

If so where are you all going ?

Angel xxx
    Portugal for me in August for a week with my 2 children (17 & 14) my partner and 3 of his children (22, 19 & 18) but before I do the family holiday I'm having a mini break in London with my friend at the end of the month.
    Tess1981

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually stay fairly local in Cornwall or Devon - love the beaches and always plenty to do if weather not so good. In fact most summers stay at home and just try and make most of beach days when weather good - have excellent beaches 10 minute drive away
    Had first proper time away over Easter as we went to Spain - been meaning to go for years as my aunt and uncle moved out there. It was lovely - warm weather and just spending time with family!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We're off to Cyprus 4 weeks tomorrow and Tenerife in August so looking forward to it.
    Cath

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    Usually stay fairly local in Cornwall or Devon - love the beaches and always plenty to do if weather not so good. In fact most summers stay at home and just try and make most of beach days when weather good - have excellent beaches 10 minute drive away
    Had first proper time away over Easter as we went to Spain - been meaning to go for years as my aunt and uncle moved out there. It was lovely - warm weather and just spending time with family!
    Oh you are so luck to live so close to the sea. I did as a child but now it is several hours away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12