Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wrong prescription

This isn't really child minding but I would like some viewpoints please. Ive been taking anti depressants for years. No problem at all. However I had my prescription about 10 days ago. Without seeing a coincidence I was really sick last weekend. All week Ive been dizzy, extremely tired, a terrible headache and extreme nausea. By today I felt worse. So I called pharmacist (no docs on a sat) and he told me to see him. I took my medication as I was a little concerned theyd changed the brand that may possibly have added to my illness. He looked at the pills and said id been given heart tablets by mistake with a sticker with my name and usual medication over the top. He checked my blood pressure which was quite low and told me to keep taking my pulse. He gave me a complaint form to take with me to look at. To begin with I was just glad I would now start feeling better. But now I'm feeling angry. My husband came home from work 3 days to help me look after the children and I had a day off because of this. What would you all do? Just be glad youre ok, put complaint in, or {as my brother says} sue them. I don't like that idea though. Thank you for reading .
    Julie X X

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

It definitely needs reporting and I urge you to complete a complaints form. Even if it just corrects the mistakes the dispenser has made it will be a positive for the future. But it may save someones life.

I would speak to my GP first thing (when they open) and check to see if there are any short term or long term side effect, check and have confirmed by a professional (GP) how the wrong prescription has and may effect you now and possibly how it could have effected you if you hadn't sought help. Express your concerns. You need to have how this mistake has effected you logged.

How you go from there will maybe depend on what you find out. I could understand your brother advising suing them but for me it would be too much stress, hassle and torment if it hasn't effected you from now onwards but that is your prerogative, I wouldn't disagree with him either way. If it has had a long term detrimental effect on your health I would sue - this is why I urge you to log with GP, Dispenser and follow up a complaint as you may not know any side effects as yet! You need to protect your future. Your initial relief after your period of illness is completely understandable and when you are ill all you want to do is feel better, once you feel better you are able to assess the situation better and if you feel now that this needs to be taken further - you must.

I hope you are feeling better and continue to feel better, what an awful experience for you. If you feel at all unwell you need to go straight to an after hours/walk in centre to see a GP, straight away - it may be worth while to go anyway just to put your mind at rest and go to your own GP when they open.

Take care

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually thinking about it - did the pharmacist say what the pills were, apart from heart pills, and how they could effect you, do you have the name of the medication - google it. I would be concerned now if it was me in case it has an adverse effect on my health.