Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Happy St Patrick's Day

So who is up to what today.

I have my youngest dd off school today so am closed again.

So the ideas that I did have have gone through the window.

Hey Ho I can crack on with the ironing. So I'm sure you all must have more interesting plans than me
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm not doing anything for St Patricks day! I don't have any children with any Irish connections.

this morning we had an Easter theme to toddlers and that is much more relevant to those we have.

afterschool we're busy whizzing round dropping off at assorted activities and so by the time we've done that and got home - it will be tea, and then they will just want to play outside.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's my birthday! Middle name Patricia because of the day I was born - of Irish heritage - so I like to acknowledge - but then I do acknowledge all Saints days , it's my tradition and my family is truly British , Irish, Scottish Welsh and English heritage.

We have watched CBeebies Lets celebrate films - I think these are great because they show a child preparing for the celebrations. Following my 4 year old led the others to do a show like the children did at school, hats were made too.

I am wearing my green shamrock bling so the children have made good luck shamrocks to take home, everywhere now needs de green glittering.

Unfortunately I am celebrating all on my Todd today though because DH has had to spend a few days with his mum, first time ever I opened birthday cards on my own! But my mums made a big fuss when they arrived with LO's with lovely child made cards so that made it feel more celebratory. DH had left us a home made birthday cake in a secret tin, with clues - which was lovely too.

Planning a little tea party after naps with rainbow sandwiches and Irish jig music, my Irish dancing skills from when I was 7 may be put on display !!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    It's my birthday! Middle name Patricia because of the day I was born - of Irish heritage - so I like to acknowledge - but then I do acknowledge all Saints days , it's my tradition and my family is truly British , Irish, Scottish Welsh and English heritage.

We have watched CBeebies Lets celebrate films - I think these are great because they show a child preparing for the celebrations. Following my 4 year old led the others to do a show like the children did at school, hats were made too.

I am wearing my green shamrock bling so the children have made good luck shamrocks to take home, everywhere now needs de green glittering.

Unfortunately I am celebrating all on my Todd today though because DH has had to spend a few days with his mum, first time ever I opened birthday cards on my own! But my mums made a big fuss when they arrived with LO's with lovely child made cards so that made it feel more celebratory. DH had left us a home made birthday cake in a secret tin, with clues - which was lovely too.

Planning a little tea party after naps with rainbow sandwiches and Irish jig music, my Irish dancing skills from when I was 7 may be put on display !!
    Happy birthday FloraDora.

Glad you are managing to have a good day even with dh being away.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

Wishing you a very happy birthday FloraDora. I'm the real McCoy so I'll raise my Guinness glass to your good health.

7. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday Floradora! Hope your MIL is taking comfort from her son being there with her.

Fussy I hope your DD gets better soon.

I was working today (at school). I love it when most schools that I have worked in have an unwritten rule that on St Patrick's day, all sensible navy blue hair bobbles can be swapped with lovely green ribbons and accessories. I absolutely love it.

Beautiful weather too. x

9. Likes FloraDora, BallyH liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

whispers

tiocfaidh ar la x

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    So who is up to what today.

I have my youngest dd off school today so am closed again.

So the ideas that I did have have gone through the window.

Hey Ho I can crack on with the ironing. So I'm sure you all must have more interesting plans than me
    I was closed for today (one of the benefits of living in Ireland )
    My partners children and my own children ranging from 14 to 25 all had their own plans ( 5 of the 6 children had alcohol related plans!!!!)
    The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day so we took advantage of this and went round loads of garden centres. I got 2 plum trees which I planted in large terracotta pots and got a lot of stuff for my polytunnel planted tomatoes and strawberries as well
    Tess1981

12. Likes FloraDora liked this post