Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: fit bit watch

Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fit bit watch

Anyone use a fitbit watch? Looking at purchasing one but don't want to spend more than £50 (birthday money) thank you x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Fitbit one, it's the one that goes in pocket or clips to clothes - I did get a watch/strap one but found it didn't record steps if I was pushing a buggy! So it would buzz at me saying I was inactive while I was pushing the buggy on the school run! That was a different make though.
    I absolutely love it, I've only driven to school run once I think since using it, as I love getting over my 10000 steps a day, and overall it's make me walk much more that j used to.
    It's £58 on Amazon so slightly over, def recommend though :-)

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Fitbit flex which I really like, I got it free when I ordered my sons mobile phone.

I find it really interesting, especially the sleep tracking.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the fitbit charge which is a watch style but it cost £70 it was on a special offer last month, I got my husband a one for Christmas and was really interested by the sleep monitoring and ended up getting one when it came up on offer. I have found it interesting to see how many/little steps I do. (Sunday is always a low day in steps lol). I do find I am motivated to walk more. My dh has the charge hr which tracks your heart rate too I think that is for the more sporty people who like to keep an eye on that sort of stuff. On the app you can record your food/water intake etc but I haven't bothered with that. I don't think you can get an actual watch version for £50 maybe the flex band is more in that price range. Have fun if you get one
    Pixie Dust

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I'm thinking adding a bit more money to it. Off to explore the different ranges now x

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got the charge HR
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They are everywhere! I think they are a great idea but I am getting rather tired of hearing other people's logs about it. I went out for a Chinese with a group of people last month's and all they all talked about for the first half an hour was how many steps they had walked, that day, since the week started, since they had been recording.
    I had a friend who went to Nice and her first words were how far she had walked going up and down the promenade!!!

Enjoy your hunt to buy but please don't bore friends with your track record....unless of course your friends want to talk about that and nothing else.

On a more serious note I have a family member who's father died at an age he is approaching and currently is a little obsessed with tracking his body and proving to himself he is fit.....which of course is stressing him out!

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Trust me I have no interest in boring others with how many steps I have done lol 😀 it's purely for me. I've been doing Slimming world for almost 2 years now and trying toup.ky exercuse regime and thought it might help. Thanks for everyone's advice x.

9. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Fitbit Charge HR. I like that I can track steps, distance and calories burned. Heart rate is useful but not essential. It also has an alarm. Mine doesn't always register steps when I'm pushing the pushchair but I put it on my belt loop and that works. There are a couple of Facebook groups to that are for Fitbit wearers. Good luck on your search. X

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

The other thing I find so useful is the alarm function, I have it set for 5 minutes before I need to leave for afternoon school runs, and it's so handy as I know I don't have to be clock watching and it reminds me to hurry up and get a move on when it goes off!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by It's a small world View Post
    Trust me I have no interest in boring others with how many steps I have done lol 😀 it's purely for me. I've been doing Slimming world for almost 2 years now and trying toup.ky exercuse regime and thought it might help. Thanks for everyone's advice x.
    I have been doing slimming world with my dd1 n have lost a stone. I have an Apple Watch that records activity and I've found it does help to keep me active.

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone. Getting the fitbit charge hr. Managed to get it cheap due to a good discount from shop where my mum works. Be interested in the fitbit fb pages. Xx

14. Likes Pixie dust liked this post