Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone done a Stick Man Trail?

Bit random, but has anyone done a stick man trail? We're doing one tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone bought the stick man activity pack that goes with it. If you did buy it, was it worth it or is it the sort of thing I could prepare myself? Or should I just not bother with the pack at all and enjoy the walk?

We want to get there before the masses but the visitor centre that sells the packs doesn't open until 9.30 and we wanted to be half way round by that time.

As I said, bit random, but I first heard about the stick man trail on here, so just thought I would ask, lol! x

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Bit random, but has anyone done a stick man trail? We're doing one tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone bought the stick man activity pack that goes with it. If you did buy it, was it worth it or is it the sort of thing I could prepare myself? Or should I just not bother with the pack at all and enjoy the walk?

We want to get there before the masses but the visitor centre that sells the packs doesn't open until 9.30 and we wanted to be half way round by that time.

As I said, bit random, but I first heard about the stick man trail on here, so just thought I would ask, lol! x
    Haven't done it but thanks for posting an interesting post. I'll wait and see what others say.

Please let us know how it goes.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes.
    The pack isn't necessary. The best thing about it was that there were pictures of what to look for on the tree rubbings and a piece of paper to do your rubbings on but take some paper, A4, and crayons and you will find them yourself. It was stick man in different poses.
    The rest was usual colouring sheet, word search and count how many? All are not needed.

Go early then it wll be quiet to do the trail yourself. You will have a good time, just walking in the woods, then finding stickman will be icing.

Enjoy your day.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Yes.
    The pack isn't necessary. The best thing about it was that there were pictures of what to look for on the tree rubbings and a piece of paper to do your rubbings on but take some paper, A4, and crayons and you will find them yourself. It was stick man in different poses.
    The rest was usual colouring sheet, word search and count how many? All are not needed.

Go early then it wll be quiet to do the trail yourself. You will have a good time, just walking in the woods, then finding stickman will be icing.

Enjoy your day.
    Oh brilliant, thanks! I'm glad I asked now.

What do you mean by the tree rubbings? I know how to do tree rubbing obviously, but are there certain trees where we are supposed to do it? Are they obvious?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Yes.

Enjoy your day.
    I was going to say the same! I bought the pack, but nothing that exciting in it! you can do bark rubbing of any tree, but our stickman trail has some metal 'boards' on tree stumps, that you can rub over, that give you a picture of stickman and also his children I think.

there was also a pipe cleaner in ours, so you can use it to secure a stick across another stick to make your own stickman. ( I'd bought the pack a couple of visits before doing the walk, so was armed with extra pipecleaners to make stickmen! )

if you look at the forestry commission website, you can print out a certificate to say you did the stickman trail! lots of interesting things to read on the boards ( but if you've done the other trails ( gruffalo/G's child and superworm ) pretty much of the same thing again! our local trail doesn't have the information boards in number order - which worried a couple of my LOs to start with, but that's because they have placed ours in the most suitable places, rather than stick rigidly to the number order!

Stick Man Trails (England)

enjoy xx

8. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks loocyloo. I'll pack some pipe cleaners along with my paper and crayons. x