Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default IT'S THE WEEKEND

Woo hoo hope you all have something lovely planned.

Dd2 doesn't have a footie game today so that means the day is pretty quiet hoping to do something crafty with her instead

I'm also hoping that ds2 game tomorrow gets called off too as his kick off it 1pm and then DD1 has dance exams

Whatever you are doing enjoy yourselves and if anyone could send me snow that would be great too
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're off to a watch family orchestra soon. DD gets to try out some of the instruments afterwards so it should be fun (unless the queues are massive). Then she has swimming. Finally took a big bag of stuff to the charity shop yesterday which had been sitting next to my front door for a couple of weeks. I've got another cupboard to tackle this weekend. I typically bought a ton of stuff from the charity shop which should fill up all the newly created space.

4. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DD is dancing all weekend, so that's me sorted !!! LOL!

no idea what anyone else is doing!

have a good weekend everyone xx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a piano lesson and I am in a flux about it. I booked it, I made the decision, it's not like 'my mum is insisting I play an instrument and so I reluctantly chose the piano' ( the tale my youngest tells of why he started playing the drums!) but now as the hours approach I am thinking what am I starting? How mad have I become?!

I had lessons alongside my oldest 22 years ago- it was the trend then for parents to learn alongside, role modal, understanding etc... He soon took over me and I stopped lessons, but still enjoyed practising - I have continued to ' practise' but not really moved forward in all these years, with occasional lessons, in my usual fashion I have focus times where that's what I do and then I don't touch the keys for months. So when I decided to postpone my PhD until next January I thought actually having lessons would make me focus better, aid my mental capacity and give me a little project ( I love projects).
    I woke DH this morning with an attempt at playing the grade 2 pieces I still have - he was tactfully supportive but I realise now that I have a long way to go, that I haven't got an ultimate goal, that I could spend another 22 years and not be any better and that I am already stressing at the practise I will need to maintain a forward development for the weekly lessons ( if this piano teacher takes me on). Last minute cold feet I know - I am going today for an initial lesson/ assessment with a new unknown person and she very tactfully used lots of vague words around ' expectations, aspirations, aptitude'. I know now how children feel!
    The problem I have is that when I do something I have to be reasonably good at it or I lose interest and at my age there is no need to do it for the future ( except it might keep my fingers nimble) which has been my previous mantra for things I have forced myself to do.

Youngest is home from Manchester for the weekend later and has plans to cook dinner -' 15 & lean' meal it seems, sounds lovely, chorizo, chicken, spinach tomatoes - we have had to purchase a jar of coconut oil at £6 - so I am hoping it is tasty. But now in my neurotic pre assessment that has turned into an exam in my head state, I now think he thinks I need lean meals!! DH in his 'make her happy by baking' default has made a lovely savoury muffin with bacon for brunch - so my carbs won't be denied today!
    He can't see that it's not that I am bothered about having a no carb meal - it's that my darling son might be deliberately doing it because he thinks we eat too many carbs! That means I may have to think and reflect on this and I am too angst about this lovely new hobby to do so!

On a more positive confident note I have received notice of some funding from a private source that I can use to help me launch a little project I have been nurturing around forest school type activities for childminders. Buying equipment and having it for CM to borrow like in a toy library, and having meets where we do activities together. Now THAT I am excited about and intend to spend the late afternoon with the cosy catalogue and a shopping list - better than wine or chocolate ( or a nice ciabatta). As more details are needed for me to go through to the next stage.

Tomorrow is Mothering Sunday and I have been told not to plan anything - except piano practise!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're off out this afternoon to the bookshop. And tomorrow we're off to diggerland I am unduly excited about playing with diggers lol.

I feel like I need to visit diggerland
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 06-03-2016 at 09:15 AM.

8. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    Flora, music isn't just about getting better, it's about fun, enjoyment and letting your heart sing. Stop stressing, go have fun There's no competition. Let us know how it goes.

Hope all goes well with the dancing loocyloo, which I know it will . And I have my fingers crossed for snow for you fussy. I'd rather like some myself, but not sure what it would do to the 3 inches of water covering my backyard

We're off out this afternoon to the bookshop. And tomorrow we're off to diggerland I am unduly excited about playing with diggers lol.
    :-) Thanks singingcactus ... Could have done with dd leaving her music at home and dh having to drive 40 miles to bring it! Luckily he arrived in time! But he wasn't too happy!

Ooooo enjoy diggerland. I went a few years ago ... I definitely had more fun than my children!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I have a piano lesson and I am in a flux about it. I booked it, I made the decision, it's not like 'my mum is insisting I play an instrument and so I reluctantly chose the piano' ( the tale my youngest tells of why he started playing the drums!) but now as the hours approach I am thinking what am I starting? How mad have I become?!

I had lessons alongside my oldest 22 years ago- it was the trend then for parents to learn alongside, role modal, understanding etc... He soon took over me and I stopped lessons, but still enjoyed practising - I have continued to ' practise' but not really moved forward in all these years, with occasional lessons, in my usual fashion I have focus times where that's what I do and then I don't touch the keys for months. So when I decided to postpone my PhD until next January I thought actually having lessons would make me focus better, aid my mental capacity and give me a little project ( I love projects).
    I woke DH this morning with an attempt at playing the grade 2 pieces I still have - he was tactfully supportive but I realise now that I have a long way to go, that I haven't got an ultimate goal, that I could spend another 22 years and not be any better and that I am already stressing at the practise I will need to maintain a forward development for the weekly lessons ( if this piano teacher takes me on). Last minute cold feet I know - I am going today for an initial lesson/ assessment with a new unknown person and she very tactfully used lots of vague words around ' expectations, aspirations, aptitude'. I know now how children feel!
    The problem I have is that when I do something I have to be reasonably good at it or I lose interest and at my age there is no need to do it for the future ( except it might keep my fingers nimble) which has been my previous mantra for things I have forced myself to do.

Youngest is home from Manchester for the weekend later and has plans to cook dinner -' 15 & lean' meal it seems, sounds lovely, chorizo, chicken, spinach tomatoes - we have had to purchase a jar of coconut oil at £6 - so I am hoping it is tasty. But now in my neurotic pre assessment that has turned into an exam in my head state, I now think he thinks I need lean meals!! DH in his 'make her happy by baking' default has made a lovely savoury muffin with bacon for brunch - so my carbs won't be denied today!
    He can't see that it's not that I am bothered about having a no carb meal - it's that my darling son might be deliberately doing it because he thinks we eat too many carbs! That means I may have to think and reflect on this and I am too angst about this lovely new hobby to do so!

On a more positive confident note I have received notice of some funding from a private source that I can use to help me launch a little project I have been nurturing around forest school type activities for childminders. Buying equipment and having it for CM to borrow like in a toy library, and having meets where we do activities together. Now THAT I am excited about and intend to spend the late afternoon with the cosy catalogue and a shopping list - better than wine or chocolate ( or a nice ciabatta). As more details are needed for me to go through to the next stage.

Tomorrow is Mothering Sunday and I have been told not to plan anything - except piano practise!
    Enjoy being the pupil. Your new project sounds wonderful, shame I don't live near you. Keep us posted as it grows.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post

I feel like I need to visit diggerland
    I aplogise singingcactus I meant to quote but pressed edit instead.

So I have deleted lots of your post by mistake 😕
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Update: lesson / assesment went fine and I discussed that I just wanted to enjoy, no exams no ultimate goal and the teacher was lovely. She said it made a refreshing change to not coach for the grade exams and to teach an adult. It went too quickly so that's a good sign.

My free day today was taken up with a surprise pre organised visit to a canoe centre and purchasing a canoe! My birthday is soon too so it is an everyone joint gift along with lessons! I love it.

We had lunch out and it was so nice to spend time with my lads who had travelled a long way.

So now I have two projects! But I have postponed the launch of this until the weather is warm so it will be something to look forward to.
    We live next to a canal and I have had this idea for years to take a canoe on it as every year when I was working we did canoeing at the out door education centre and it was my favourite activity - so tranquil on the canal.

Home now to colouring - a lovely weekend.

13. Likes Maza, BallyH liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries fussy hehe, I think that is something I would do too, I am forever pressing the wrong button. Even reported a friend of mine to facebook for absolutely nothing by mistake lol.

We had an absolute blast at diggerland. I can def recommend it to everyone!! Best way to spend mothers day ever!!

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it have had a relaxing weekend. Fire lit on Friday evening a wee drink and a film and off to bed early.
    Saturday had to drop and collect ds to and from local community centre for a mental health course. Then into town for a nosey in home bargains. Had planned a night at the cinema with bf when my sister range looking me to go to a ladies night in a local restaurant. Poor bf was blown out. All glammed up and out for the night. Our lift home agrees to take us into town as we are all drunk and need McDonald's at 2.00 am. ... then car breaks down. Cue a bunch of drunk ladies pushing a car around a corner of the road in high heels.
    Got home at 3am and my DD had electric blanket on for me and a glass of water beside my bed... and what do I do. I go into her bed and sleep beside her lol
    Don't get up until 1pm today answer lie around till 3 then visit my mother for a while. Me and DD go out for dinner and bf calls up to take me for a walk and I'm now on bed ready for the week ahead
    Tess1981