Friday - got to love the start of the weekend.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Friday - got to love the start of the weekend.

So what are you plans for the weekend?

I have to bake later as its ds2's 9th birthday but shock horrow hes having a shop brought cake bribed him with the thought of krispy kreme doughnuts but I did promise to make goodies for party bags.

Busy day tomorrow as dd2 has football then off to ds2's birthday party, hes having a tubing party at the ski centre.

Then on Sunday he has football.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend planned
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) Hello.

My dream plan is to do nothing but sleep and read. In reality I have loads of jobs to do about the house and I want to sort the garden out.

DD is dancing most of the weekend and DS has football.

Have fun everyone xx

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening

My boy is away to his friends for a sleepover so I have peace tonight

I was going to tidy the house, sort the washing etc but then I had a word with myself and decided to leave all that to Sunday

Not a lot going on this weekend, will spend tomorrow at my Grandparent's as usual then my boy's swimming club starts up again on Sunday so no lie in for us.

Have a good one everyone

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just done a 'white' wash and am now waiting for my Tesco delivery due 8-9pm. Always get anxious before it arrives as I still haven't defrosted the freezer so don't know where I'm going to put it all. Oh I just know how to enjoy myself on a Friday evening!

Going shopping tomorrow and then a meal with friends in the evening.

Chilling Sunday, will take my time cooking a roast and maybe potter about.

Have fun everyone.

5. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are up to D for our 'spend time together doing things' night. Deluxe dining and darts tomorrow night.
    DH has filled the fridge with lobster, crab,langoustine and moules for a seafood platter and I'm on pud so a rich chocolate pud made from some chocolate oldest brought back from South America - luxury ...and Florentines to nibble on as we play darts and drink some very fine port given to me on retirement. I have been waiting for a suitable opportunity and I think an 'us ' night is just it.
    Tonight is mushroom risotto and a favourite £4 bottle of wine from our local co op!

My favourite Christmas gift has finally arrived which is an annual pass to Twycross Zoo - so tomorrow I start my year long journey learning how to take photos of animals - I thought about a course to start me off - but at £380 for 4 hours I decided to buy a £9.99 book, which I am reading tonight. So gibbons here I come tomorrow.

Sunday is new bedroom planning - we currently have pine furniture which I am going to paint ( much to my woodworking husbands annoyance I expect) so hopefully our Saturday night dinner will put him in the frame of mind to accommodating my desires!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    We are up to D for our 'spend time together doing things' night. Deluxe dining and darts tomorrow night.
    DH has filled the fridge with lobster, crab,langoustine and moules for a seafood platter and I'm on pud so a rich chocolate pud made from some chocolate oldest brought back from South America - luxury ...and Florentines to nibble on as we play darts and drink some very fine port given to me on retirement. I have been waiting for a suitable opportunity and I think an 'us ' night is just it.
    Tonight is mushroom risotto and a favourite £4 bottle of wine from our local co op!

My favourite Christmas gift has finally arrived which is an annual pass to Twycross Zoo - so tomorrow I start my year long journey learning how to take photos of animals - I thought about a course to start me off - but at £380 for 4 hours I decided to buy a £9.99 book, which I am reading tonight. So gibbons here I come tomorrow.

Sunday is new bedroom planning - we currently have pine furniture which I am going to paint ( much to my woodworking husbands annoyance I expect) so hopefully our Saturday night dinner will put him in the frame of mind to accommodating my desires!
    Ohh, you've made me feel hungry. Enjoy your weekend.

8. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Saturday we are off to DD's school for an open morning. We don't get to speak to the teachers but will get to see her work on display and look at the older classes etc. Then hubby is off to watch England/Ireland rugby and DD and I are off to a family art day at a localish arts centre. DD has gradually dropped all of her weekend hobbies and whilst I was disappointed at first, I am now loving the new found freedom on our weekends!

No plans for Sunday, will see what the weather is like.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Saturday we are off to DD's school for an open morning. We don't get to speak to the teachers but will get to see her work on display and look at the older classes etc. Then hubby is off to watch England/Ireland rugby and DD and I are off to a family art day at a localish arts centre. DD has gradually dropped all of her weekend hobbies and whilst I was disappointed at first, I am now loving the new found freedom on our weekends!

DH will be watching the same game from his favourite sofa with some home brew.
    He really misses our lads in the six nations and they what's app continually their comments, but it's not the same as having your sons with you on the sofa sharing your beer. With one in Brighton and the other in Manchester and us in the middle it just can't happen now. They have arranged one match together though.
    Family art day sounds good.
    All this talk of sport and art days with children makes me nostalgic!

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dh is pulling his face as I didn't take into consideration the rugby when booking the party. Seriously we are missing 15 minutes at the most.

Just watching Wales v France now ds2 us adamant he going to play for England he's been for 2 training sessions 😂😂😂
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Dh is pulling his face as I didn't take into consideration the rugby when booking the party. Seriously we are missing 15 minutes at the most. Just watching Wales v France now ds2 us adamant he going to play for England he's been for 2 training sessions dde02dde02dde02
    The ref is driving me crazy!!!!

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Dh is pulling his face as I didn't take into consideration the rugby when booking the party. Seriously we are missing 15 minutes at the most.

Just watching Wales v France now ds2 us adamant he going to play for England he's been for 2 training sessions ������
    Haha, I remember hubby going through the rugby calendar before I could book DD's party! Hubby has a friend who has a season ticket for him and his son, but his son doesn't always want to go and so he very kindly takes DH along on those days. Yes, we're watching the W/F match right now.

'Watch this space' for your ds2 then Fussy!

Floradora, did you do your comedy night last week? I booked tickets for an 'orchestra' family event, including trying out some of the instruments at Cadogan Hall next weekend for 'o'. We are just loving your abc idea! Don't think we'll tick any off this weekend though because we've already done 'a' - but this weekends art day is one that I discovered when originally looking up art workshops for 'a', so it's kind of linked. Funnily enough 'd' is proving difficult - Dahl day didn't work out and we've done dinosaurs to death, pardon the pun. Your 'd' sounds amazing!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Haha, I remember hubby going through the rugby calendar before I could book DD's party! Hubby has a friend who has a season ticket for him and his son, but his son doesn't always want to go and so he very kindly takes DH along on those days. Yes, we're watching the W/F match right now.

'Watch this space' for your ds2 then Fussy!

Floradora, did you do your comedy night last week? I booked tickets for an 'orchestra' family event, including trying out some of the instruments at Cadogan Hall next weekend for 'o'. We are just loving your abc idea! Don't think we'll tick any off this weekend though because we've already done 'a' - but this weekends art day is one that I discovered when originally looking up art workshops for 'a', so it's kind of linked. Funnily enough 'd' is proving difficult - Dahl day didn't work out and we've done dinosaurs to death, pardon the pun. Your 'd' sounds amazing!
    Glad that the theme is being enjoyed by others. DH did think of 'daffodils day' - i.e. as photographers, go out and find sways of daffs to photograph but then he came up with our latest which I preferred. ( obviously!) But we did go out in our local environment on Wednesday with cameras ...with LO's too, all with a camera and we took lots of good pics and focussed on spring flowers with children. Our local wildlife group is looking for photos for 2017 calendar and one of my 3 year olds took a great photo when he lay down and took snaps so I am entering it into their project, fingers crossed they use it. Even in London I expect you could take photos of great daffodils in the urban environment.
    Comedy night was a great success, just a local pub comedy night with 'nobody' comedians but I laughed so much! Could become a monthly event now.
    Mushroom risotto tonight- turned out we hadn't got any risotto rice-so used pearl barley - lovely, might even like it better than risotto rice now.

18. Likes Maza liked this post