Thread: ST STEPHENS DAY

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    If my DH was as talented and creative as your hubby then I would happily let him make my presents, but alas, he's not creative. Then again, neither am I - the only thing I'm good at making is a mess. A lovely, lovely sentiment though.
    Don't put yourself down Maza, you bake and create arty things and grow in your garden....you could create lovely things. One of my gifts I think is going to be home made soap from my herb garden, I haven't a clue how to but I will enjoy learning ( I hope) - DH is banned from making anything made of wood! It wasn't our idea either, but I immediately encouraged it, if only so that Christmas isn't costly next year.

2. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas so far! Was your Christmas and Boxing Day like all the others or were they different this year?

We had a lovely day. After struggling with ideas for DD's gifts (outgrowing toys a bit) we managed to get a fantastic variety of gifts which all seem to be spot on. The clothes that I got for DH actually fit him and look really nice for once. Christmas dinner was stress free as it was just the three of us (DH's brother came round in the evening and we saved him a plate, but he's not fussy, so no stress there). I didn't get cranberry sauce though this year and I realised that that is the thing which makes it a Christmas dinner rather than a Sunday roast - so I won't forget that again.

I had a lovely time in Manchester with my own family just before Christmas. I got to meet my great nephew for the first time.

Yesterday we went for a traditional Boxing Day walk on Wimbledon Common. It seemed like the world and his wife was there! Lovely. We took the walky talky set which DD got for Christmas, so lots of fun.

Today we are having a slow start and then walking to a coffee shop for a Christmas coffee. No inclination (or money!) to check out the sales.

How are you all doing?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello!

Happy Christmas to you Maza. Your Christmas sounds lovely and peaceful.

Ours was nice & quiet, and we even managed to keep 16yr old DS downstairs with us MOST of the day, and not hiding away on his laptop!

Yesterday DH & I went for a nice walk, exploring a couple of local paths that we've never been down before. Children stayed home ... it felt odd to be out without them, but it is the start of life without them as they grow.

Today DD & I are off to see Mary Poppins Returns and DH & DS to see Bumblebee .... BUT .... DH also wants to see Mary Poppins and I want to see Bumblebee! ( I love transformers! always have and now that Bumblebee is now an old VW Beetle ... its even better! ) Guess we'll have to wait until they appear online! DH is currently in his shed, playing with his VWs, DD is wandering around aimlessly, DS is organising his electronics and I am, in theory, catching up with a bit of paperwork/planning for next year ... but in actual fact, am just doing nothing constructive ... I'm waiting for 'inspiration' !!!! ( story for January mainly based on Space ... I have Aliens love underpants, Draw me a star, Catch me a star and Whatever next ... but none are grabbing me! )

Have fun everyone xxx

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you enjoy Mary Poppins! My brother took his grandchildren to see it just before Christmas and he was telling me that they had a conversation about the accents and how their London cousin (my DD) speaks with an accent somewhere in between the chimney sweeps and the plummy accents! My family hardly ever venture outside Manchester and so DD is a complete novelty to them!

I've never heard of Bumblebee! A space theme sounds such fun!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12