Phew! Christmas Shopping finished!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Phew! Christmas Shopping finished!

    Apart from stocking fillers, I think I've done it!!! Still not wrote any Christmas cards though lol! How's everyone else getting on?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,866
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default



    I have just pressed 'buy' on the last item !!! I do need to check the bits I have for stockings and see if I need anything else but I think I'm there!

    I have to wrap and post quite a few presents
    I have to write the cards ( and DH needs to write the 'Christmas letter' ... we do a cheesy, very brief ' we're all well, having fun, X did this, Y did that and see you next year ' but as we live a fair way away from pretty much everyone of our family and friends, we'd only have to write it in every card, so its easier sticking a 'letter' in. we always put a couple of the childrens photos in, and people like that! )
    I have to wrap presents and find places to hide them.

    Then to get started on the Christmas baking ...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    8,979
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm almost ready to start making my christmas present list! I've got some vague ideas of what I might get people, but I just can't bring myself to go face the crowds in town.

    I have got a couple of sticking fillers somewhere that I've picked up throughout the year and put away somewhere safe. I just need to find them again!

    On the plus side, I have started working on our Christmas display today while the children have slept. The baby's face was a picture when I turned the lights on - he was very excited

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I did nearly the whole lot online, it's like a warehouse in my bedroom atm!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,211
    Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Got lots done this morning. Then came home to find our plumbers had caused a leak onto our bed. Nearly all the presents were next to it!!! Fortunately just the mattress is wet. That could have been disastrous.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,300
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post
    Got lots done this morning. Then came home to find our plumbers had caused a leak onto our bed. Nearly all the presents were next to it!!! Fortunately just the mattress is wet. That could have been disastrous.
    Oh no! Every cloud has a silver lining. Hope you get it sorted soon.
    I haven't done at all. Hoping to do most of it online this week.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In the middle
    Posts
    1,049
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Done most of mine online. All wrapped and stuffed in the attic in bin liners. No cards written yet. Don't like writing cards. Same old. Thinking of my food shopping list now. Got my tesco slot saved for delivery on 23/12. So feel pretty smug - but still waiting for the phone call.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post
    Got lots done this morning. Then came home to find our plumbers had caused a leak onto our bed. Nearly all the presents were next to it!!! Fortunately just the mattress is wet. That could have been disastrous.
    Thank goodness :-). I feel so sorry for all of those people who had floods - total nightmare :-(

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    7,002
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Oh don't I still have this theory that its months not days
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  10. Likes Maza, AliceK liked this post
  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,866
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moh View Post
    Done most of mine online. All wrapped and stuffed in the attic in bin liners. No cards written yet. Don't like writing cards. Same old. Thinking of my food shopping list now. Got my tesco slot saved for delivery on 23/12. So feel pretty smug - but still waiting for the phone call.
    I was going to book a delivery slot, but then ... If what I want is out of stock or they substitute something silly ... Then I'd still have to make a big round trip to get what I needed ... so I'll be doing a silly o'clock shop one morning!

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In the middle
    Posts
    1,049
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I was going to book a delivery slot, but then ... If what I want is out of stock or they substitute something silly ... Then I'd still have to make a big round trip to get what I needed ... so I'll be doing a silly o'clock shop one morning!
    Yes, you are so right, especially the substitute bit. But I'll risk it. Had to book it at 3.21am when I got up to go to the toilet. 7am - all slots gone. Just thought, maybe I could sell my slot on ebay! Seen stranger things on there for sale.

  13. Likes Maza liked this post
  14. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    8,979
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You'll all be pleased to know I have ordered my first present

    Only a hundred more to buy

  15. Likes Maza liked this post
  16. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,024
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I was going to book a delivery slot, but then ... If what I want is out of stock or they substitute something silly ... Then I'd still have to make a big round trip to get what I needed ... so I'll be doing a silly o'clock shop one morning!
    I haven't done the silly o'clock shop for years but I used to love it. Being back home with everything you need before others are even up was a great feeling. I have a slot booked for 22nd and anything missing Ill pop to the local shop early Xmas eve

  17. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have stopped doing a big Christmas shop... For the past 5 years have been invited out to Christmas dinner by family members so didn't need to buy the Dinner food and to be honest the shops open again boxing day ( local shop) and two days later tescos open again. I only buy all the high fat high sugar food I don't need and end up with a mountain of cheese. Which I eat myself lol .
    As for presents I need to get a bottle of whisky for my brother and I'm done just waiting to see if the brand he likes goes on sale otherwise I will get it last minute in local off licence. I bought my first present for this Christmas on boxing day. As sales went on through out the year I picked up things and do a lot of my present buying online. I like to have nearly all done before November is over do I don't have room face the crowds
    Tess1981

  18. Likes BallyH, Maza liked this post
  19. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    7,002
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    I have stopped doing a big Christmas shop... For the past 5 years have been invited out to Christmas dinner by family members so didn't need to buy the Dinner food and to be honest the shops open again boxing day ( local shop) and two days later tescos open again. I only buy all the high fat high sugar food I don't need and end up with a mountain of cheese. Which I eat myself lol .
    As for presents I need to get a bottle of whisky for my brother and I'm done just waiting to see if the brand he likes goes on sale otherwise I will get it last minute in local off licence. I bought my first present for this Christmas on boxing day. As sales went on through out the year I picked up things and do a lot of my present buying online. I like to have nearly all done before November is over do I don't have room face the crowds
    Our asda opens boxing day.
    I never get why shopping chains think we can't manage if they shut the doors for a couple of days
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  20. Likes Maza liked this post
  21. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In LaLa Land
    Posts
    3,598
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have nearly done, just got a few more bits to order online and that's it. I never go into a big town, I just can't face it so 90% is done online and the rest locally. Bought a load of cards today, got to write them now.
    Our supermarkets are also open again on boxing day, poor staff

    xx

  22. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    I have nearly done, just got a few more bits to order online and that's it. I never go into a big town, I just can't face it so 90% is done online and the rest locally. Bought a load of cards today, got to write them now.
    Our supermarkets are also open again on boxing day, poor staff

    xx
    I have bought a few pressies of local people this year. My niece glitters glasses and bottles of wine etc so got two glittered mulled.wine sets. Another local girl paints into bags so got my godson one with his name and favourite tractor. My son is selling candles through his business course at school do getting one of them.
    Tess1981

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Phew! Christmas Shopping finished! Phew! Christmas Shopping finished! Phew! Christmas Shopping finished!

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk