Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: BLACK FRIDAY

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default BLACK FRIDAY

Are we ready for this - well I am as I don't really get what its about other than a sale and I don't think I need anything that badly I would trample on someone to get it.

However I have brought 2 games this morning from GAME as they both had £10 off. They were on the Christmas lists as well okay lets stop justifying I succumbed to the lure of a sale

Hope everyone has a lovely day
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes Maza, ziggy liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my day off today and I was going to go to town, but realised it'll probably be manic, so won't bother.

I'll check through my Christmas list to see if any of the things I need to get are reduced online, but I certainly won't go mad. To be honest, I'm fed up of every email I've had over the last week or so being about Black Friday. I just don't see What the excitement is all about.

4. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I'll check through my Christmas list to see if any of the things I need to get are reduced online, but I certainly won't go mad. To be honest, I'm fed up of every email I've had over the last week or so being about Black Friday. I just don't see What the excitement is all about.
    Same here. I don't need anything except a few groceries!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I managed to get some good Christmas pressies for kids from elc online, craft sets for £4ish when they would have been nearer £20 (apparently).
    All a bit of a con really, I've been waiting to get my husband a nutrition ninja, and a month ago it was £59.99 from tesco, when the boost thing started I thought great I have enough to get it just, but they put price up to £99.99!!!! It's dropped to £69.99 now, I'm holding out for it to go lower, I remember after Black Friday last year they all reduced their prices again before Xmas.
    Wish I'd got it for £59.99 a few weeks back, I begrudge paying more because prices have been inflated so it looks like they're cheap in the sale.
    I am however going to order husband and brother jumpers from gap, they have 40% off everything which is quite decent and jumpers are on the Christmas lists :-)
    I certainly won't be going to the shops this weekend though, as much online as poss!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hubby got my Christmas present online this morning and apparently it was a great deal! We're having a look (also online) for a few bits for Christmas, but like others have said, there are so many sales these days. I don't even take 'January Sales' seriously any more - not that they wait until January to start, they all start on Boxing Day.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well Im quite chuffed managed to get all 4 children a Christmas present and managed to save £45 so that now goes in the board game kitty
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I got to shopping centre before 9am, as need to get parcel off to england asap. No one around, car park almost empty. Had lovely wander about. The only shop that was busy was Game. Few bargains about but nothing major. Popped into Tesco for few groceries and few TV's on offer but no one going mad.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've ended up getting myself a coat and a pair of boots, neither of which were on the Christmas list!

12. Likes ziggy liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've just bought dd some new ballet shoes! No major discount but free postage for 'Black Friday' !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Well Im quite chuffed managed to get all 4 children a Christmas present and managed to save £45 so that now goes in the board game kitty
    I want a board game kitty!!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post

I want a board game kitty!!
    It's great when it works. We set the limit for each child and decide what they are having.
    Anything we get in a sale the extra goes to the board game kitty.

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea! But I also need a board game kitty for my own board games :-) I've decided to host some games nights for my fellow board game enthusiasts lol!