Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Early finsh and its friday

So what are everyones plans for tonight and the weekend.

Tonight we are going to snuggle up and eat chocolate and watch a movie.

Tomorrow dd1 has dance, dd2 has football, ds2 is going for a sleepover, a friend is doing afternoon tea for children in need and in the evening dh and I are going to a comedy/race evening.

Sunday ds2 has football and then we are taking both boys to the local rugby teams open morning and then a birthday party.

Cant wait till Monday for a rest
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    So what are everyones plans for tonight and the weekend.

Tonight we are going to snuggle up and eat chocolate and watch a movie.

Tomorrow dd1 has dance, dd2 has football, ds2 is going for a sleepover, a friend is doing afternoon tea for children in need and in the evening dh and I are going to a comedy/race evening.

Sunday ds2 has football and then we are taking both boys to the local rugby teams open morning and then a birthday party.

Cant wait till Monday for a rest
    :-) have a good weekend...How come it's Friday again? !!!

DS is in a play tonight so I'm about to go and watch (DH went last night)

DD currently is dancing and has drama and will then go and listen to DH at Orchestra!

Tomorrow we had planned to go to Hockney exhibition, but DH isn't keen, esp with the forecast weather. So think we'll have a lazy day at home (although I just know I'll find things to do!)

Sunday it's band, Church, panto rehearsal and DS watching football match.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a great Friday only 2 schoolies before and after school. My 3 lo's all managed to have a day off at the same time!! Got an all clear on my zafira so we can have heat again and the two mindees I had went at 5.15 instead of 6. Lazy weekend ahead and no mindees on Monday. Have a good one everyone

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    :-) have a good weekend...How come it's Friday again? !!!

DS is in a play tonight so I'm about to go and watch (DH went last night)

DD currently is dancing and has drama and will then go and listen to DH at Orchestra!

Tomorrow we had planned to go to Hockney exhibition, but DH isn't keen, esp with the forecast weather. So think we'll have a lazy day at home (although I just know I'll find things to do!)

Sunday it's band, Church, panto rehearsal and DS watching football match.
    Is the Hockney the arrival of Spring? I saw this in Paris in the summer - really worthwhile going! Though not worth being blown away trying to get there!
    Your life Fussy just ️sounds like mine used to be at the weekend- I actually miss that busyness with family now - so try to hold on to it now! Though I'm afraid if the weather forecast was as bad as this weekend I may have had taken an afternoon opportunity to do school work - my lovely DH however was the best parent and went to every rainy and windy match to support his boys! It was on those days that I wished I had girls that danced.
    Christmas shopping for me this weekend, both in Birmingham tomorrow after fruit and veg shopping on Birmingham market and on the Internet - by Sunday night all Christmas gifts will be purchased and ordered....then I have to decide where to keep them...all my spare upstairs rooms are used by LO's and one is the den and the other music room which has no spare storage! Then my oldest will be home the week before Christmas so I can't store them in his room anyway.
    This is my new problem with childminding! I had spare rooms last year.
    Friends for supper tomorrow and a macro photography walk on Sunday. I really need to make one more Christmas stocking for son's partner who will be spending her first Christmas with us this year....this was my plan for tonight ....but I am quite tired now so a cosy in with the coal fire lit and a Cuffs catch up is the agenda now. ......the chocolate ️sounds like a good addition to this though!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been my day off today and I've been busy clearing out my wardrobe and doing some sewing.

I then had my baby grandson round for what should have been a couple of hours this afternoon, although he's still here now!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) Yes FloraDora ... arrival of spring exhibition. But I think we'll be staying home! DH said we ALL have to watch film or something on sat afternoon and no escaping to do anything work/school related!

Well done floradora also on your present buying! I still don't know what to get people although my aim is to do it all NEXT weekend!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my day off today, I've had a routine blood test then breakfast in Costa and a bit of retail therapy followed by a quiet afternoon and now catching up on the Blacklist. House work and paperwork for the rest of the weekend
    Cath

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Rumours are that Ofsted are in my area, so I'm busy doing reports and tidying up LJ's. Have fun everyone.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We finally got our house back to ourselves today - BIL has been staying with us for three days and MIL flew back to SA on Sunday after spending a month with us. We are SO happy. Even DD was feeling the strain last night and she loves having a fresh audience to perform her dance routines for.

After spending the last two weekends at the theatre for DDs show, we are going to the theatre again on Saturday, BUT we are in the audience, yippee! We are going to see Annie. Lesley Joseph is playing Miss Hannigan so it should be great. We have been looking forward to it for months. I was obsessed with the movie as a child and DD is even more obsessed with it now.

No plans for Sunday but we will probably plan DDs party. We have decided that she will have a small party at home. She would like a cat theme. We emailed the downstairs neighbours and politely suggested they go out.

Fussy and loocyloo I don't know how you do it! My head is spinning with just one child.
    Floradora, that's impressive Christmas shopping! I have no idea what to get DH. Need to get my thinking cap on...

10. Likes BallyH liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Floradora I do enjoy the weekends even if they are so busy - wish the weather would be a little warmer though I will be doing my eskimo impression later.

Maza - I don't know about loocyloo but sometimes I chuck all the balls in the air and hope I catch them. I have dropped them before but usually they bounce and we scrape by.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes Maza, FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Floradora I do enjoy the weekends even if they are so busy - wish the weather would be a little warmer though I will be doing my eskimo impression later.

Maza - I don't know about loocyloo but sometimes I chuck all the balls in the air and hope I catch them. I have dropped them before but usually they bounce and we scrape by.
    :-) :-) :-) that is soooo true .... I often feel I am just waiting for a ball to drop!

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well both football and rugby were cancelled due to the weather. However I still have just really sat down for the day

16. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well both football and rugby were cancelled due to the weather. However I still have just really sat down for the day
    LOL! I've just sat down .... but will be going out in about 50 mins! I forgot I have to sing evensong this evening!

18. Likes FussyElmo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have to say we were both disappointed with Annie. It is quite different to the film - a few different songs and quite slow in parts. The cast were fantastic though, but just not what we were expecting.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Well I have to say we were both disappointed with Annie. It is quite different to the film - a few different songs and quite slow in parts. The cast were fantastic though, but just not what we were expecting.
    Oh that's a shame.

I know what you mean ... ds's school did Annie in the summer and it is different to the film and with bits that didn't always seem to fit.

Mary poppins and chitty are also different to the films. Oh, and fame! Plus probably more if i could remember them. It's really hard when it doesn't live up to expectations. I always have to tell myself it's NOT the film.

My favourite musical is Priscilla, Queen of the desert. (NOT really for children!) The stage show is very different to the film, as they couldn't use abba music as that's in mamma mia! so it's full of 80's music but somehow, the feel of the show is the same and it doesn't seem to matter!

21. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

loocyloo, The Lion King is great too, but the tickets are so expensive. We saw it when it first came out when they weren't quite so costly. Good to know about Mary Poppins and Chitty. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

loocyloo, The Lion King is great too, but the tickets are so expensive. We saw it when it first came out when they weren't quite so costly. Good to know about Mary Poppins and Chitty. x
    Ooo Yes, love Lion King. My brothers friend was in it when it opened and got us tickets. Billy Elliott is pretty similar to the film, so is Oliver.
    It is just so expensive to see a musical or any live professional theatre.
    I like to find a good local amateur musical theatre company and support them-a good evening out, supporting local people and reasonable tickets!

I've just booked to take DD to see northern ballet and tickets for stalls were £70 each, dress circle £40 and a bit less as you went further back. AND no child price!

24. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous prices.

We usually take advantage of 'Kids go Free in August' for London shows. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ridiculous prices.

We usually take advantage of 'Kids go Free in August' for London shows. x
    I used to, but now we live in Yorkshire, its not so easy!

27. Likes Maza liked this post