Christmas gift ideas for mindees?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas gift ideas for mindees?

I have 6 this year to buy for, aged 1-4yrs. So far I have brought them a book each from the book people (so really minimal cost) I was stuck on ideas for something to accompany the books. I would usually bake them all something but this year I have a few children whose parents are very anti-sugar. Any brilliant ideas? X

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

How about a savoury cheese biscuit Christmas tree, wrap in colour cellophane and tied with ribbon X job done

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watford wizz View Post
    How about a savoury cheese biscuit Christmas tree, wrap in colour cellophane and tied with ribbon X job done
    Lovely idea! Thank you

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought star and Christmas tree shaped ceramic plates from home bargins. I used sharpie (has to be these ones) decorated the plates with their names and maybe say xxxxx Christmas treats on it. Few stars and candy cane shapes on the reverse I wrote merry Christmas from tess. Put into a cold oven and turn it in to 180 for hour and half. I had to draw over some of design again when they cooled as it can fade. Each child had a personalised plate. You can make santa treat plates for Christmas eve etc... go wild lol
    Tess1981

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    I bought star and Christmas tree shaped ceramic plates from home bargins. I used sharpie (has to be these ones) decorated the plates with their names and maybe say xxxxx Christmas treats on it. Few stars and candy cane shapes on the reverse I wrote merry Christmas from tess. Put into a cold oven and turn it in to 180 for hour and half. I had to draw over some of design again when they cooled as it can fade. Each child had a personalised plate. You can make santa treat plates for Christmas eve etc... go wild lol
    Did you have Netflix on in the background as you did this this tess1981? x

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Did you have Netflix on in the background as you did this this tess1981? x
    Now that would have been a great idea... must do that next time while baking cookies along side the plates lol
    Tess1981

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am also giving books to mindees, I've enjoyed thinking about the best book that each child will love to read.
    I don't intend to give anything else though...just nicely wrapped.

We bake lots and in the run up to Christmas will be making, cooking and baking Christmas themed items so I think all in all they will have had lots of extra treats by the time they finish for the Christmas holidays and the book will be for Christmas morning unwrapping.....though I suspect abandoned, once opened until all their new toys have been played with!

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also doing books with a tube of sweets. Like Floradora they'll be quite a lot of crafts and baking going home over the Christmas period anyway. I had to buy from several different book people collections as I have different ages of children so my CM Christmas present to me is the rest of the books from the collections so after Christmas my books will resemble a small library!

12. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    Now that would have been a great idea... must do that next time while baking cookies along side the plates lol
    I'm just watching 'Misletoe Over Manhattan'. Just started and looks suitable naff. Hubby is at the airport for the next couple of hours otherwise I don't think it would be still on, lol!

14. Likes FloraDora liked this post