Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good morning

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning

Well hello to you all. I have had a broken laptop and its just returned after its operation and boy have I missed it.

I hope you are all well.

Cathtee - I cant believe that Ainsley went I know he wasn't the best dancer but at least he looked like he was enjoying it, Who do you think will win the rugby final Im thinking New Zealand.

Floradora - I hope you are feeling better.

Loocyloo - I hope your son is ok and dealing with being in plaster and the dance show goes well.

Maza - are you ready for your new job?

And to all you other members how are you all and how is half term going?

We off to swimming again still trying to convince dh that a trip to blackpool is a necessity (hasn't helped I got his days off wrong )

Oh and if anyone has got any cheap and easy Halloween costume ideas send them my way. Going to the football Halloween party and don t want to spend lots of money
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning! I think one of the problems with Ainsley was the choice of songs, they were just always a bit too goofy for my liking. But boy oh boy, he sure had charisma and personality! The Mark Ramprakash series is still my favourite. I think NZ will win too.

Yesterday I got confirmation from the school that all my clearance stuff had come through (DBS, health checks, references etc). The Head is going to arrange my induction for after half term. I bought some new work shoes yesterday and will have to spend my first weeks money on work clothes before I have even earned it, lol!

Oh you must get to Blackpool! You've got me plotting too now. Enjoy swimming and your Halloween party. I would say check out charity shop costumes but I think the supermarkets are just as cheap nowadays. x

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello. Nice to 'see' you :0)

Dance comp going well and ds is now just in a light cast from elbow to wrist :0)

Hope you get to Blackpool!

Enjoy rest of half term everyone!

Xx

Oh ... easy Halloween costume ... use a bandage to wrap around body to be a mummy.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently lying, fully clothed I may add, on crisp white cotton bedding in a hotel room in Tuscany, Italy, listening to the pouring rain outside. It just started this evening. Have had a lovely meal in the hotel accompanied by a cold glass of prosecco. We've had a wonderful day. Visited the leaning tower of Pisa and boy does it lean. Hoping to get the train to Florence tomorrow but dh says rain is also forecast so not sure now. Home Thursday evening. My first visit to Italy and I will return.

6. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Feeling much better thank you, but still have a chesty cough.
    Italy ️sounds great!
    Coughed my way around Birmingham today...but enjoyed my day....dress and top and lovely new Christmas trousers and a long maxi black cardi bought which I know will be worn to death.....some L'Octainne goodies, Whittard gunpowder tea...for our firework tea party, and new Nespresso coffee sampled. Plus some Christmas presents from Muigi for our crackers...so Christmas thoughts have started.
    Grand central was not as Grand as I expected...but the John Lewwis is wonderful.
    The Mailbox doesn't look much different...Harvey Nicks has taken over more it seems and ther is lovely seating for weary shopping feet...but hardly worth a years closure...unless I am missing something?
    Seeing tutor for my Phd tomorrow followed by a photography meet ....then off on my road trip on Thursday .....can't wait..DH has put together a retro sound track for the trip....Oxford/ Margate here we come...well after two sleeps!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not as glamorous as Italy but spent a lovely day in Eastbourne with my very first mindee n her mum n baby brother. Went to see the house they are moving into n then spent an afternoon on the sea front. A shock is coming tomorrow with 6 mindees and a dreadful weather forecast

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ainsley certainly looked like he enjoyed himself he should still be there, Who on earth is voting to keep Jeremy Vine in. Looking forward to the match New Zealand should win but you never know.

Is it only Tuesday? I've had a day and a half, fed up of he did this and she won't let me, oh well tomorrow is another day and then only one more, off Friday but then have it all over again on Monday it's Teacher Training,
    Cath

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I need make-up advice from you! I'm assuming your DD wears make-up for her dance shows. Our first show is this Sunday and we have to go and get the make-up. I'm going to get DD to wear my foundation and I'll buy her her own bright red lipstick, that should be simple enough. She also has to wear blusher. Any recommendations? They don't say if it has to be red/pink or whatever - I haven't got a clue! Should it be a powder? She also has to have eye liner but that should be fairly straight forward (a pencil one do you think?)

Hope your competition went well!
    Thanks in advance! X

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Loocyloo I need make-up advice from you! I'm assuming your DD wears make-up for her dance shows. Our first show is this Sunday and we have to go and get the make-up. I'm going to get DD to wear my foundation and I'll buy her her own bright red lipstick, that should be simple enough. She also has to wear blusher. Any recommendations? They don't say if it has to be red/pink or whatever - I haven't got a clue! Should it be a powder? She also has to have eye liner but that should be fairly straight forward (a pencil one do you think?)

Hope your competition went well!
    Thanks in advance! X
    Don't they provide stage make up?

If they don't I use a cream foundation (quite dark) blue eye shadow, black eyeliner with flicks, red lipstick, red blush. But that's for our dance school and shows stage make up is always provided.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Don't they provide stage make up?

If they don't I use a cream foundation (quite dark) blue eye shadow, black eyeliner with flicks, red lipstick, red blush. But that's for our dance school and shows stage make up is always provided.
    Thanks FussyElmo. No, they don't provide the make up. I never thought about it having to be stage make up, I'm glad you mentioned it. My general foundation probably isn't suitable then because it's for fair skin, which we both have. Didn't want to spend a fortune as she wants to stop doing dance as soon as the show is finished and so it will probably be her only show. I'm secretly hoping though that once she gets on stage and gets caught in the excitement of it all that she'll get the dancing bug!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks FussyElmo. No, they don't provide the make up. I never thought about it having to be stage make up, I'm glad you mentioned it. My general foundation probably isn't suitable then because it's for fair skin, which we both have. Didn't want to spend a fortune as she wants to stop doing dance as soon as the show is finished and so it will probably be her only show. I'm secretly hoping though that once she gets on stage and gets caught in the excitement of it all that she'll get the dancing bug!
    She'll need a foundation which is at least a couple of shades darker than her usual skin colour. If you've got an Estee Lauder counter anywhere near, go and speak nicely to them. They can give you a week's free sample of foundation to try before you buy (just don't tell them you don't plan to buy it if she doesn't carry on doing dance shows!)
    As for other make up, check with the dance school. Lots want blue eye shadow, but not all. And some want pink blusher, some red. We've always found the powder ones best. I prefer a liquid eye liner as it goes on easier, but if you decide on a pencil one I'd get a soft one that doesn't drag. Ive also found a small lip brush is better for applying lipstick rather than applying it straight from the stick.

And wine...wine for you backstage to keep you going through the performance

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

for some reason I can't 'quote' today!

DD uses a 'panstick' for foundation, as it goes on quite thick! Max Factor Pan Stik Foundation - 56 Medium: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty
    we use eye pencils for 'eye shadow' .. blue and white Barry M Super Soft Eye Crayon, 4 - Blue: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rimmel-Scand...+pencils+white
    we have a cheap dark pink blusher, and a black eyeliner pencil ( lots of girls use the liquid, but I'm terrified of making a mess with it !!! ) we also have black mascara.
    lipstick, we use a red lipstick, with a lip brush.( no idea what make - all rubbed off! )
    oh, and a pressed powder/face powder to 'set' the makeup. we have a 'bronzer' one and a pale one. both just cheap ones from superdrug ( I think it was! )

fair haired children also tend to use an eyebrow pencil!

the dance school has 'shared' makeup for shows, but generally the girls like to have their own ( plus it is 'germ' free! ) that said ... they do share amongst themselves! we don't use 'stage' make up per se. I would think your normal foundation would be ok, or maybe just get a cheap one, that is a bit darker.

hope your DD enjoys the show. DD loves performing! dance comp went well - a couple of 3rds in big classes, so she is pleased.

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to your DD loocyloo!

Crikey, there is a bit more to this make up thing than I first thought. I used to think having a girl was easier than having a boy, but today I'm not so sure!

I used to live for dancing when I was younger. I remember dancing to the original 'Come Dancing' shows in the living room with my nana at her house house. Then when I started watching Strictly I used to wish I had a little girl so that I could do the same with her, and when I got one I couldn't wait until she was old enough to watch it. Now, it is kind of sweetly irritating because she makes me dance with her to every number and I don't actually get to enjoy the dance because I have to catch her as she flings herself across the room at me and spin her around. I often wonder if I was irritating my nana when I was doing it!

Off to Superdrug make up dept now.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congratulations to your DD loocyloo!

Crikey, there is a bit more to this make up thing than I first thought. I used to think having a girl was easier than having a boy, but today I'm not so sure!

I used to live for dancing when I was younger. I remember dancing to the original 'Come Dancing' shows in the living room with my nana at her house house. Then when I started watching Strictly I used to wish I had a little girl so that I could do the same with her, and when I got one I couldn't wait until she was old enough to watch it. Now, it is kind of sweetly irritating because she makes me dance with her to every number and I don't actually get to enjoy the dance because I have to catch her as she flings herself across the room at me and spin her around. I often wonder if I was irritating my nana when I was doing it!

Off to Superdrug make up dept now.
    :-) Thanks ...

I loved dancing as a child and was happy dd loves it ...Then she got 'into' festivals ... and now they rule my life!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    :-) Thanks ...

I loved dancing as a child and was happy dd loves it ...Then she got 'into' festivals ... and now they rule my life!
    Ah, I should be careful what I wish for!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that was bloomin' expensive! I ordered the blue eye shadow pencil Loocyloo, it looks lovely. I have to say I was totally over whelmed in the make up aisle! In the end I just got the cheapest decent stuff I could find. Took ages. Now I'll have to wash one of my make up bags for her to take it all in as I couldn't find a cheap enough one which she would like. We used to take little vanity cases and/or a fishing tackle type of box to store all the bits in. No idea what they take nowadays...

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well that was bloomin' expensive! I ordered the blue eye shadow pencil Loocyloo, it looks lovely. I have to say I was totally over whelmed in the make up aisle! In the end I just got the cheapest decent stuff I could find. Took ages. Now I'll have to wash one of my make up bags for her to take it all in as I couldn't find a cheap enough one which she would like. We used to take little vanity cases and/or a fishing tackle type of box to store all the bits in. No idea what they take nowadays...
    Yes .... Make up isn't cheap is it? !! I was astounded when i bought dds! (I don't wear any apart from tiny bit of eye liner occasionally) we use a fishing tackle type box!
    Don't forget a mirror ;0)

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Yes .... Make up isn't cheap is it? !! I was astounded when i bought dds! (I don't wear any apart from tiny bit of eye liner occasionally) we use a fishing tackle type box!
    Don't forget a mirror ;0)
    Oh bloomin' eck, a mirror!

She has an afternoon and an evening show so would you take it all off and start again for the evening? I'm sure I'll pick it all up when I'm there, lol. Do you use anything in particular to get it off? Had a trial run and she looks awful, but I remember that you do have to lay it on thick for the stage. At least she's half looking forward to it now (which means I can too) as she was stressing out over it a few weeks ago.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh bloomin' eck, a mirror!

She has an afternoon and an evening show so would you take it all off and start again for the evening? I'm sure I'll pick it all up when I'm there, lol. Do you use anything in particular to get it off? Had a trial run and she looks awful, but I remember that you do have to lay it on thick for the stage. At least she's half looking forward to it now (which means I can too) as she was stressing out over it a few weeks ago.
    Enjoy!
    I'm glad your dd is looking forward to it.

I usually leave make up on and 'top up / rescue' what is left! I always think dd looks awful but once on stage its hardly noticeable under the lights. I don't always put the panstick on too thick ... rub it in a bit, as it is thicker in the first place than foundation.

We use good old baby wipes for a 'first remove' then soap and water at home.

Hope you both have lots if fun, i will be thinking of you both. xx

24. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) sooo Maza?

How did it go? Did your dd enjoy it?
    Have you recovered yet?

xx