MONDAY MORING COME SAY HELLO
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    6,887
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default MONDAY MORING COME SAY HELLO

    Hello everyone

    Its seems like a lovely day here not too sure if it is warm or not as I haven't ventured outside yet.

    I have 2 after schoolies here as our schools are still on inset days.

    Tomorrow I will have 1 and then back to normal but do have the dreaded settling in sessions at school so Im on an extra school run.

    Im going to take inspiration from the "art" thread and maybe introduce that into our planning.

    but Wednesday im going to do something to commemorate the Queens longest reign maybe an afternoon tea (well think it will be nice for the afterschoolies after their first day back at school)

    Have a good day everyone :thumbsup
    :
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  2. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,644
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Good morning!
    Last day of holidays for dd (ds back on wed) ... so having a big tidy up and get ready for school. I don't work today so am enjoying pottering in my pjs!

    I'm thinking of incorporating some art into my planning too fussy! :0)


    Arghhh ... just glanced at the stick insects ... We have a baby one sitting inside the lid! I really don't like them and was looking forward to not having them anymore as they are very old now!

  4. Likes FussyElmo, Maza liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Almost normal here two mindees start at playschool today. I will be starting school runs but their parents doing the first day school runs today then it's up to me.
    Have my annual inspection tomorrow so will be spending today checking everything okay but feeling relaxed about it.
    Tess1981

  6. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,188
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well it's my first day of 'not child minding any more'. I finished on Wednesday but always had Thursday and Friday off anyway, so today is the first day I am feeling it. I had also earmarked today for signing up with agencies and sorting out my filing system - but I haven't started any of that yet. Really want to get planning some art activities for my DD, lol!

    Have a good day everyone. x

  8. Likes shortstuff, loocyloo, FussyElmo, FloraDora liked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In LaLa Land
    Posts
    3,598
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My children went back to school last week but I had a few days off so today is the first day of a "normal" week for me again after being on holiday. Was a rush this morning for some reason trying to get my own 2 children ready for school and downstairs on time before the first mindee arrived. I've told them both they need to do better tomorrow.

    Only 1 LO this morning until I go to nursery to collect another 2 so been quiet so far today. Managed to get some cakes decorated for a mindees birthday tea later and get his present wrapped.

    Updated my PC to Windows 10 when I went to bed last night so this morning I am trying to figure out how to find everything on it that I need

    Lovely and sunny here today so hopefully we might get some extra time to play in the garden later.

    Hope you all have a great day.

    xxx

  10. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
  11. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    986
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Morning one and all! Gorgeous day here in Kent. Off to the nature trail after lunch. Back to normal with school runs too. Have a good day

  12. Likes shortstuff liked this post
  13. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south coast
    Posts
    2,978
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi and happy monday everyone.

    Im having a lovely chilled start to the week.

    I only have DS to get to school as the yr R LO is going with mummy today.

    I also only have one LO here during the day who has currently been asleep since 10am. Ive caught up on a few little bits and am now having a leisurely lunch all by myself lol. We are painting LO's garden gnome this afternoon as she was sleeping during the hols when the others did theirs so that is the afternoon sorted.

    Off to fetch DS for 3.15 and then get back for mindee to arrive.

    Finish at 6.30 off to slimming world for my weekly shame and then off to the pub

  14. Likes FussyElmo, FloraDora liked this post
  15. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    6,887
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Hello everyone

    Its seems like a lovely day here not too sure if it is warm or not as I haven't ventured outside yet.

    I have 2 after schoolies here as our schools are still on inset days.

    Tomorrow I will have 1 and then back to normal but do have the dreaded settling in sessions at school so Im on an extra school run.

    Im going to take inspiration from the "art" thread and maybe introduce that into our planning.

    but Wednesday im going to do something to commemorate the Queens longest reign maybe an afternoon tea (well think it will be nice for the afterschoolies after their first day back at school)

    Have a good day everyone
    Well best laid plans and all that our art project will have to be started another day.

    We ended up spending the day at the local reservoir sp skimming stones, climbing trees, exploring, using a fallen tree as a see saw. Add in a long walk so should have tired children.

    Only got 1 child at football training and all mindees have gone so prepare tea and have a warm cuppa :-)
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  16. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
  17. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    8,843
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Afternoon!

    I'm having an inbetween week - several mindees had left to go to school and my new ones aren't starting till next week. It meant I only had one child here today, so we spent the day sorting the shed. He loved it, but I'm not sure how much help he actually was! Still, he's found lots of 'new' toys to play with over the next few weeks

    As an added bonus he was collected early so I'm having a cuppa in peace and quiet

  18. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
  19. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,972
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Well best laid plans and all that our art project will have to be started another day.

    We ended up spending the day at the local reservoir sp skimming stones, climbing trees, exploring, using a fallen tree as a see saw. Add in a long walk so should have tired children.

    Only got 1 child at football training and all mindees have gone so prepare tea and have a warm cuppa :-)
    I'd choose skimming, climbing and exploring over any art work ! Plenty of time for art when we can't do these activities.

    My sunflowers didn't take off either. We walked to our local field to play with balls and wind ribbons and walked back through a small coppice - the children were fascinated by the crinkly brown leaves... Which led to looking for yellow and red ...so a great big spontaneous collection of leaves which meant on return we used these in their art!

    I can't believe it is September 7th and the Autumn leaves are starting !!!

  20. Likes loocyloo liked this post
  21. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,188
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Haha, we didn't get the planned art work done either!

    DD got home and wanted to watch Annie and so that's what she did. Then she asked DH to download all the songs from it which she then sang along to at the top of her voice and we both danced 'like no one was watching'. We have one part of our dining room which is above the communal hallway rather than above our neighbours flat and so that is always our dance floor/stage.

    I had put out a jam jar and some Autumnal coloured tissue paper (also after we noticed the leaves changing) for her to make a tea light holder, but she tossed aside my Autumnal shades and cut out pink cats and glued them onto the jar instead. I should have known!

  22. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
  23. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    6,887
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

    I'd choose skimming, climbing and exploring over any art work ! Plenty of time for art when we can't do these activities.

    My sunflowers didn't take off either. We walked to our local field to play with balls and wind ribbons and walked back through a small coppice - the children were fascinated by the crinkly brown leaves... Which led to looking for yellow and red ...so a great big spontaneous collection of leaves which meant on return we used these in their art!

    I can't believe it is September 7th and the Autumn leaves are starting !!!
    Yes really did have to make the most of the day.
    I glad as ds thinks that skimming a stone once makes today the best day ever.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  24. Likes Maza, FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
  25. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    6,887
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Haha, we didn't get the planned art work done either!

    DD got home and wanted to watch Annie and so that's what she did. Then she asked DH to download all the songs from it which she then sang along to at the top of her voice and we both danced 'like no one was watching'. We have one part of our dining room which is above the communal hallway rather than above our neighbours flat and so that is always our dance floor/stage.

    I had put out a jam jar and some Autumnal coloured tissue paper (also after we noticed the leaves changing) for her to make a tea light holder, but she tossed aside my Autumnal shades and cut out pink cats and glued them onto the jar instead. I should have known!
    Love dancing like no one is watching. As FloraDora the art will still be there another day
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  26. Likes Maza, FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
MONDAY MORING COME SAY HELLO MONDAY MORING COME SAY HELLO MONDAY MORING COME SAY HELLO

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk