Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default A cooking/baking thread

I thought I would start a cooking thread so if we try out any new recipes we can put them here and give them a rating of how easy to prepare/taste etc.

Thought we could try and inspire each other
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tonight I tried Mary Berrys Chicken Pasta Bake

BBC - Food - Recipes : Chicken pasta bake (Saturday night pasta)

Easy of preparation 5/5
    Taste 4/5 (Personally I would add more mustard or use English Mustard in the sauce )

But I had clean plates all round
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Ooh, could I have recipe. Chicken pasta bake sounds good

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Ooh, could I have recipe. Chicken pasta bake sounds good
    BBC - Food - Recipes : Chicken pasta bake (Saturday night pasta)

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yummmmm. Thanks.

I do a chicken pasta that is button mushrooms and chicken (or bacon or any other meat ...or none at all) fried off in a little olive oil and lots of garlic. Sometimes I add chilli.
    Once cooked, I stir cream into it and cook until all combined and cream warmed through. Then serve, stirred through cooked pasta.

X

7. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys I have been busy cooking today using a thread I found of 'dump' recipes lol! Basically you spend a couple of hours combining raw ingredients in freezer bags then when you want to use them just thaw in fridge overnight and pop in slow cooker. Apparently with the chicken ones you can just grill as I suppose it has been marinating.

Took me about two hours but I will be faster next time! If you had a row of bags set up pegged to large bowls you could just drop all the chicken in then the oil and veg etc. using pre
    Prepared veg or frozen speeds it up too. Serve with a pasta /
    Rice / could cous and sides like frozen

Post Thanks / Like

Broccoli or a salad

So here is what I made

1. Pork chops, half cup honey. 1/4 cup cider vinegar, dash of pepper, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger,1 minced garlic clove , 2 tablespoons soy sauce

Rest were all chicken.

2. Soy sauce. Lemon Juice, olive oil, honey
    3. 1/4 cup coriander, zest of line, pinch salt and pepper
    4. 2-3 cloves garlic,4 tablespoons olive oil , 2 tablespoons parsley, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, quarter teaspoons pepper
    5.can pineapple chunks in juice, quarter cup of brown sugar, half teaspoons nutmeg, third cup orange juice, half cup raisins
    6. For tacos.. One and a half cups salsa, taco seasoning packet, serve in tacos with lettuce tomatoes sour cream and grated cheese

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and chicken Alfredo .. Can of chicken soup, quarter cup of water, packet of Italian seasoning mix (I could only find a jar so threw in a reasonable amount) . 30 mins before serving shred the chicken And add 8 ounces of cream cheese . Serve with pasta and Parmesan on top

Next week will do
    Beef straganoff. 2lbs of stew beef, Sour cream, half teaspoon salt, can of mushroom soup, half teaspoon dried dill, 5 ounces of flour. Cup of onions. Mushrooms. 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, half teaspoon pepper, three garlic cloves, cup of beef soup (couldn't. Find that but I assume some beef stock like oxo would do!) serve with egg noodles
    Chinese beef and broccoli.. Pound of stir fry beef, cup of beef soup, half cup soy sauce. Third cup of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons water , tablespoons of sesame oil , ginger, 3 garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons cornflour, .. Add frozen broccoli 30 mins before serving.

11. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and this one lol!

Sesame beef lettuce wraps .. 2 cloves minced garlic, teaspoon sugar, two tablespoons soy sauce, teaspoon sesame oil , quarter teaspoon rice vinegar, tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, black pepper, tablespoons olive oil, pound stir fry beef .. Wrap in lettuce leaves, with shredded carrot and chopped green onion. Serve with rice

There is a dip sauce with this which has srircha chile sauce in it but dunno what that is

Hoping if I can get some of this stock piled not only will my life be easier but we may be able to skip a weeks food shopping at some point and out money away for Christmas or something! I used the Aldi frozen chicken fillets for some of that today, 8 in a packet so got two recipes out of each and will bulk out with rice and sides

Right off to have a cup of tea now!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is this for food to prepare for children ...or us??

Hairy Bikers chicken ceaser salad ...fast food favourite...just google it ..wonderful!

On a different level DH makes biscuits - year 8 recipe from his other life ...works fine, all my mindees love them..he makes about 40 ata time lasts easily two weeks...as teddy shaped usually.....let me know if you want the recipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Is this for food to prepare for children ...or us?? Hairy Bikers chicken ceaser salad ...fast food favourite...just google it ..wonderful! On a different level DH makes biscuits - year 8 recipe from his other life ...works fine, all my mindees love them..he makes about 40 ata time lasts easily two weeks...as teddy shaped usually.....let me know if you want the recipe.
    Yum love Caesar salad will google it. ! Yes please to the biscuit recipe !

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) can I second a biscuit request please. Thank you xx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Yummmmm. Thanks.

I do a chicken pasta that is button mushrooms and chicken (or bacon or any other meat ...or none at all) fried off in a little olive oil and lots of garlic. Sometimes I add chilli.
    Once cooked, I stir cream into it and cook until all combined and cream warmed through. Then serve, stirred through cooked pasta.

X
    I do a dish similar to this but with smoked bacon & roast butternut squash

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post