Toy sorting and moving house
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Toy sorting and moving house

Hi all, I am looking to move soon and trying to sort out my house ready for pictures for the agent and also ready for the viewings. Now my question is this. What can I condense toy wise? I have far too many toys but will be having a play room in my new house. I just want it to look nice and less like a nursery for when people come around. Lol
    Has anyone been in this situation before? Does it put people off having almost a nursery in the only living space in the house?
    What sort of things could I do to change it without getting rid of the toys? Thanks x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have a lot of resources would it be worth renting a storage unit for a while?

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good idea from Mouse.

Remember a lot of buyers wont be able to see past whats in the house so if you can streamline your resources from the living room I would do so.

then they will see the living room for how it is not having them to think about it
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've sold/moved twice whilst childminding.

First time I didn't have masses of stuff ... (Although thought I did!) I put bits I wasn't using in the loft and garage.

2nd time ... I had a playroom with cupboards with big doors ... I put as much as possible in the cupboards and then had everything else neat and tidy ( random bits went in garage/shed/loft )

.... I don't plan on ever moving again!

Good luck xx

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I rent a garage in the next road from the council. It stops my husband seeing my huge collection of car seats and buggies!!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I used my toys as a selling pint, setting it up to look appealing to families as I knew this would be my target market.