Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Last day of the the school year

It is here? Cant wait for 4oclock when I finish

Is it the same for you or do you have a couple of days to go or have you already finished? I know our Scottish members finished a few weeks ago.

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

we finish wednesday lunch time but most of the school stay and have a picnic on the field. It means the children get to go hug their teachers etc. Only 4 ey children and 1 schoolie with DS for the picnic lol. 2 other families are going to join me though so it will be a lovely experience. So long as the weather isnt like this!

Its a yucky day

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just dropped dd at school for last day of term. Am hoping she doesn't come home with lots of stuff as brought tons home yesterday! Just a leavers assembly today... we've had events nearly every day this week... I feel like I'm living at school. (Not going to leavers assembly as although my oldest schoolie is leaving, we've said bye and she will have multitudes of family there.)

And then 7 weeks till back to school. I'm looking forward to it ... But I know it will be over before I blink and we won't have done half the stuff I want do! ( and I've already cut my 'to do' list in half! )

It's a miserable day and so I'm off to toddlers! ( it's my birthday and I had planned to go to the beach! ) might take myself and LOs out for lunch though.

5. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We still have Mon/Tues to go then the summer holiday madness begins
    Pixie Dust

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't break up till Wednesday. I always feel conned by our six weeks holiday, because we only have a couple of days, 5 weeks, then a few more days .

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours don't finish until next Weds. They are both on countdown but I'm already getting emotional as it'll be my DS's last day at primary school and I don't think he realises just how emotional that's going to be for him, most of his friends are going to a different secondary school than him.
    Thank goodness the swimming sessions finished this week, I will have Sat, Tues and Weds free for 7 whole weeks

xx

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours break up next week.

I'm really struggling to cope with the end of term shenanigans: chaotic 'organisation' of school trips and such. I seem to have spent the last 3 weeks either being *£&$ed over by school or comforting distressed children as the result of their cluck-ups.

School trip #1. Hottest July day since the Ice Age. Trip running 1/2 hour late. Left standing in playground with no shade and 2 lo's melting in pushchair. Other mums in similar situation. We were not allowed to wait indoors in the shade. 1 mum was thrown out and door locked behind her pointedly when she tried.

Sports day. This was originally postponed because "it might rain" on the designated day. Lots of angry parents who had taken the day off work to attend. Of course it didn't rain, but it has has since rained on both the days for which it was rescheduled, resulting in total cancellation and lots of sad children. Cue total chaos with my schoolies' booking as parents made and changed plans on a daily basis.

School trip #2 Children arrived back 2 hours late. As usual, head sent a poor harrassed TA out to speak with parents and take the flak. One mum shouted (speaking of the head) "get that skinny 81tch out here to face us herself" ( well said ) We were eventually ushered into the hall to hear from 'the skinny 81tch' in person. She told us in her most patronising tones how it was not her fault but we must wait in school until they arrived. I told her I had other mindees and she could call me when the bus got back. The mum of the delayed mindee then called me (having seen news of it on FB) and said not to worry, she'd get another mum to collect him. I missed the best bit. School initially refused to hand the child over because the person collecting as not "on the list" - BUT they'd handed the child to her just the week before when he was going round to hers for a playday!

School trip #3 Mindee in bits. She'd qualified with the school team for a cricket competition, and been told by school it would be at Trent Bridge - a top sports ground with top facilities. They were taken to the venue which was in fact Trent College: a patch of weeds with a hut to change in. Big let down.

And now for some music......... More children in meltdown, because school has decided to stop all music classes from the end of this term. More furious mums, who've bought instruments and now have no lessons unless they go private at big expense. Even the ones who've started paying on a lease-to-buy scheme are told they will have to continue paying for an unwanted trombone, etc. School didn't bother to tell them. This came from one of the music teachers who comes in from outside to do the lessons.

The Wedding that wasn't Yet another little girl upset. Teacher is getting married and has 'borrowed' the class (by arrangement) to act as the congregation for the practice/run-through. Not only did 1/2 the class believe it was 'the real thing' (cue general disappointment), but my mindee was told she would be bridesmaid, which of course she is not....... You'd think a teacher would know better than to joke about this. Little girl been excited all week, ignored mum's explanations and now in bits.

Can't wait for next week, I'm running out of tissues to give al the children they're upsetting.
    Last edited by bunyip; 17-07-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our schools don't finish till next Thursday, although some schools are taking the day as an inset day so will finish on Wednesday.

I've been telling all parents to check with nurseries as they children may not be doing a full day on Thursday, in fact might not be in on Thursday at all. For some reason schools haven't felt it necessary to tell the nursery parents about any changes. It's fine if they've got an older child at the school as they've been told, but those with children only at nursery haven't been told anything
    I had one mum on the phone in a panic this morning to see if there was anyway I could fit her daughter in for an extra day next week as nursery was shutting early. This is the same school who forgot to tell the new September parents that the children wouldn't be starting at school on 8th Sept (could be any time until the end of Sept) or that the after school club wouldn't be running from September (school website still says no need to book, just pay on the day). No wonder there has been a mad panic of parents trying to find childminders for Sept.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive had a mum tell me tuesday of this week that i will be having her child next wednesday and thursday as his preschool break up tuesday. This is despite me asking for the last 2 months to ensure that if needs be I could organise an assistant to join me for that week. So I have 1 parent very unhappy as the 2 people I have on my books as an assistant both already have plans. I can have 1 but not both of her LO's.

Oh and while she was at it apparently I am having her youngest for 2 fridays in October. I am childfree on fridays

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Just dropped dd at school for last day of term. Am hoping she doesn't come home with lots of stuff as brought tons home yesterday! Just a leavers assembly today... we've had events nearly every day this week... I feel like I'm living at school. (Not going to leavers assembly as although my oldest schoolie is leaving, we've said bye and she will have multitudes of family there.)

And then 7 weeks till back to school. I'm looking forward to it ... But I know it will be over before I blink and we won't have done half the stuff I want do! ( and I've already cut my 'to do' list in half! )

It's a miserable day and so I'm off to toddlers! ( it's my birthday and I had planned to go to the beach! ) might take myself and LOs out for lunch though.

Happy birthday!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Ive had a mum tell me tuesday of this week that i will be having her child next wednesday and thursday as his preschool break up tuesday. This is despite me asking for the last 2 months to ensure that if needs be I could organise an assistant to join me for that week. So I have 1 parent very unhappy as the 2 people I have on my books as an assistant both already have plans. I can have 1 but not both of her LO's.

Oh and while she was at it apparently I am having her youngest for 2 fridays in October. I am childfree on fridays
    Sounds like another mum needs to hear that simple truth: "lack of planning on your part does not constitute a crisis on my part."

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post

Sounds like another mum needs to hear that simple truth: "lack of planning on your part does not constitute a crisis on my part."
    Yeah it's funny when I tell her. Apparently she is the only parent on my books who 'needs' me lol.

15. Likes bunyip liked this post