pipes and tubes for water wall
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pipes and tubes for water wall

Hi. Hope everyone is enjoying a cooler Sunday. I had ofsted inspection Wednesday, hottest July for years etc, so feeling liberated - HOORAY. Sorry for those still waiting, I was one of those waiting nearly 6yrs. It's been a long time. Anyway, I had a water wall with containers and jugs etc but thought it didn't work that well and decided to change it. I covered wooden panel with old lino in readiness for pipes and tubes to be attached, which was when Mrs O inspected, so there was nothing to see! At least it went towards self evaluating/reflecting enabling environment I suppose. Now I need tubes and piping to attach to it. Where do you all get yours, I looked on line but they all seem a bit narrow and couldn't see anything suitable in Q&B. Any ideas welcome please :-)

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    Hi. Hope everyone is enjoying a cooler Sunday. I had ofsted inspection Wednesday, hottest July for years etc, so feeling liberated - HOORAY. Sorry for those still waiting, I was one of those waiting nearly 6yrs. It's been a long time. Anyway, I had a water wall with containers and jugs etc but thought it didn't work that well and decided to change it. I covered wooden panel with old lino in readiness for pipes and tubes to be attached, which was when Mrs O inspected, so there was nothing to see! At least it went towards self evaluating/reflecting enabling environment I suppose. Now I need tubes and piping to attach to it. Where do you all get yours, I looked on line but they all seem a bit narrow and couldn't see anything suitable in Q&B. Any ideas welcome please :-)
    Whistling tubes - you only need a couple. Tie some string around the top to secure them to your wall - use a cup hook if it needs to be screwed in, or if it can look over a bit of wood/trellis, then an Ikea S hook is perfect! You can cut them down to different lengths to make it more interesting. Two at different heights work brilliantly.

Whirling Tube

Then pop a funnel into each one at the top

I found these ones to be perfect.

18cm Plastic Funnel - Whitefurze from The Plastic Box Company UK

then just get a narrow plant holder - the kind that you would stand a few plant pots in. Look for ones with no holes in the middle, and buy a few of them (so they can stack inside each other to clear away when you're done with them). I got mine out of the Pound shop.

Then stand the plant holder under the pipes, fill with water, and you're good to go.

here's a photo of a snazzy one for inspiration if it helps. Cable ties might be useful as well if you want the pipes to wiggle?

let the children play: ideas for a water wall at preschool

LK

3. Likes hectors house, FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Thank you Lollipop kid, I'm going to get ordering. Doesn't cost much either. Given me ideas and am wondering if I can rig up some sort of pulley system. Smiling xx