Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default A sunny weekend!!!!

What are your plans.

I still haven't got around to mastering those doughnuts - maybe later.

I think Im going to take my 2 dds shopping youngest has had a growth spurt.

Youngest ds is of to watch a football match with a friend and his dd.

If Im really lucky eldest ds may make an appearance out of his darkened room or he may not.

Tomorrow ds2 has a football match and then sorting out everything to start back school/work Monday
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it when they have a growth spurt and you have an excuse to go shopping!

DD was off school the whole of the week before the holidays and so I asked another mum to take her bookbag into school and collect homework and reading books for me. Then I couldn't get hold of the mum for the first couple of weeks to get the stuff back. Got it just before we went away to Manchester last week and oh my, so much homework! Her teacher had also put in some work that she had missed when she was off sick. Bless her, she has done loads of it, but there is still quite a bit left to do, so hoping to do loads of that today.

DD has suddenly got into sewing, with a real needle, and is doing lots 'projects' with our old clothes. She made me a 'slipper' the other night out of an old t-shirt. She said it took too long and so is not going to make me two of them. She keeps telling me off for not wearing it! I'm desperately trying to think of new things for her to make which are not 'gifts' for me, lol!

Just got back from tap, have DDs swimming at 5 and then park run tomorrow. Other than that, no plans. Had a really busy week and so it's great to have no plans!

Woke up quite down as it is almost time to go back to work.

3. Likes FloraDora, FussyElmo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know what you mean- growth spurts mean you don't feel guilty buying! They have to have things so nice opportunity to treat.
    On the sewing front : My boys used to make Action man sleeping bags and tents out of anything they could get hold of...my DH had originally trained to be a metalwork and woodwork teacher and as the boys were growing up the DT dept became sewing and cooking too...so he used to get the lads to do all the projects so that he could practise on them and find out the difficulties in an activity, now they are a dab hand at using a sewing machine and cooking ...not so good with a needle, though my oldest in Brazil currently did inform me the other day that he had sewn his walking shoes to mend them...but I think that was more to inform me and not ask for a bank transfer to buy another pair! I used to love it when the boys had projects.
    A hat might be something for your daughter to try? Or a cover for a dolls bed/ pram.
    Years ago, when girls did sewing and boys did wood work in primary school my favourite project to teach was patch work ....mainly a hanging for their bedroom ..but it was the 70's!

My Saturday has just been interupted by a delivery of a bucket balance!! It's been on my wish list for ages and I am a very happy person now..DH and I have just spent all our conversation over lunch in the garden talking about its versatility...and how he could make one!

Off for a long canal walk which could end in an early afternoon canal side beverage, depends what the wind is like....
    Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

5. Likes FussyElmo, Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sick been fighting a bug middle dd has had all back.. Uncomfortable tummy and very sore head right down front of face I have a headache in my nose! Was meant to be at childminding Ireland Agm today was looking forward to it! Still am sitting here with eldest dd watching once upon a time and the sun is out so could be worse! Other two dds gone to matches and dh gone with youngest one so we are having a quiet house! Tomorrow dh working and I have to go for training as I work at the elections each time so that will be the afternoon gone! Have a good day all!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh Smurfette, hope you feel better soon, that sounds awful.

Floradora I suggested making a hat but she wanted to make one for me and not her toys! A sleeping bag sounds good. I might get her to do some button boards/cloths for the mindees to practise button fastening.

When we were in Manchester last week she got given some belated Christmas money and so we have just been shopping to get her her very own grown up sewing kit. What a rip off they are! I managed to find a great little one for £6. She was desperate for a pin cushion and this one had a pin cushion lid. Happy girl. We couldn't get any fabric anywhere though. I used to love choosing fabric as a child.

I have wanted a bucket balance for ages too. Can't believe I haven't bought one yet. I'm definitely not making one! Enjoy your walk.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have sunny weather too, eldest ds is home from uni for a few days haven't seen much of him yet as he has been catching up with friends. I have been cleaning the house, cut the grass plus a quick trip to the supermarket as I have my best friend coming over tonight for a meal. Tomorrow hopefully out for a lovely walk and cooking a Sunday roast.
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza, my dd loves making clothes and bedding for her soft toys. She likes using old socks as a base to add things too.

Hope you feel better soon smurfette

And have fun everyone else.

We have cuddled baby lambs and this is where we are staying. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Maza, my dd loves making clothes and bedding for her soft toys. She likes using old socks as a base to add things too.

Hope you feel better soon smurfette

And have fun everyone else.

We have cuddled baby lambs and this is where we are staying. :-)
    Oh wow, looks like the perfect place to relax and recharge! How long do you stay there for?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Oh wow, looks like the perfect place to relax and recharge! How long do you stay there for?
    We arrived lunchtime, staying overnight and will head home tomorrow afternoon. But it feels like years when we're here! And although it's only 40odd miles away if that it feels like another universe!
    :-) :-) :-)
    And with a fire pit burning, bbq cooking ( and a heater in the van ;-) ) it's the best place to be.

In the past we've stayed for a few days at a time.
    Last edited by loocyloo; 18-04-2015 at 06:27 PM.

14. Likes Maza, FloraDora, funemnx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all feel better today but first day since Wednesday! Think youngest dd is coming down with it now

Loocyloo that looks amazing what part of the country is it?! My middle dd has gone campervan mad since we were in cornwall last year and the ornaments were everywhere so she is very envious of yours !

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Thanks all feel better today but first day since Wednesday! Think youngest dd is coming down with it now

Loocyloo that looks amazing what part of the country is it?! My middle dd has gone campervan mad since we were in cornwall last year and the ornaments were everywhere so she is very envious of yours !
    We were in the Yorkshire Dales, in the 'Swaledale' area. It is soooooo beautiful and tranquil. We were meant to be meeting up with a few other vw campers, but due to one thing and another it was just us, and a friend with her 1965 beetle ( and tent! ) Dh and the children are VW obsessed ... I had a toyata verso that I loved ... I know have a vw touran !!! I do like old VWs though. ( as long as you don't want to get anywhere in a hurry ! )

glad you are feeling better. I'm coming down with a cold or something - haven't stopped blowing my nose all day!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I blinked and it's now Tuesday!!

Weekend spent road biking and sorting out the house!! (We've had a mortgage approval ekkkk!!)

Oh and checking out some gorgeous spots
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    I blinked and it's now Tuesday!!

Weekend spent road biking and sorting out the house!! (We've had a mortgage approval ekkkk!!)

Oh and checking out some gorgeous spots
    Oooo that's pretty ... where is it? X

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooo that's pretty ... where is it? X
    Near masham Hun 😄 it's stunning over that way! Although stutton bank gets my favourite point!! Going to miss it around here!

22. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Near masham Hun 😄 it's stunning over that way! Although stutton bank gets my favourite point!! Going to miss it around here!
    That is an understatement!
    Swapping that lovely scenery ?!

My plans are to do the opposite- move to not the centre of the country into nice countryside.

But this area has been a great place to bring up children, lots of opportunities for activities etc..and quick to get to anywhere. Enjoy the hills whilst you can.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Near masham Hun �� it's stunning over that way! Although stutton bank gets my favourite point!! Going to miss it around here!
    I do love it over there. I like Gordale Scar.

have you found Lake Gormire at Sutton bank? my mum was reading a SAGA magazine and they recommended it for wild swimming !!!! looks beautiful but don't think i'll be swimming there!

25. Likes Rubybubbles liked this post
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I do love it over there. I like Gordale Scar.

have you found Lake Gormire at Sutton bank? my mum was reading a SAGA magazine and they recommended it for wild swimming !!!! looks beautiful but don't think i'll be swimming there!
    yes, as part of my geocaching :-D No swimming in their for me though! There is some lovely blogs about it online too