Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITS THE WEEKEND

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default ITS THE WEEKEND

Hope you are have something nice planned

Im having a catch up day on jobs which really need doing. Dd1 has already left for dancing. Ds2 and dd2 are setting up to go on Disney infinity. Ds1 is still in bed ( wish I was).

I have my friends dd coming for a sleepover tonight so we have planned board games and a movie.

Tomorrow is football ds2 has got man of the match for the last 2 weeks and he says hes aiming for a hat trick of them.

Then in the evening Im going to a theatre company interactive showing of a scifi film. We are not sure what the film is yet maybe I need to think about dressing up as well :-)
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) have a good day ... I too wish I was still in bed!
    I've just driven for an hour to get to a training course! I've mainly come because my LA are changing how things are run and I want to hear for myself what is happening and ask questions not rely on emails and hearsay!
    Light at end of tunnel is a night out with friends tonight!

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm off for a hike in the beautiful sunshine today with friends, hopefully followed by cake - really looking forward to it after a stressful week. Tomorrow my Dad will be 87 so the family are having lunch in a local hotel. We take a place over with our sheer numbers when we get together so really looking forward to the big catch up

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Paperwork catch up weekend here too, as the weather's meant to be so nice, emptying and knocking down my old rickety shed now that my nice new shiny BIGGER one is up

This is the first weekend since mum passed away that I've not got something on, so am not used to having all this 'free time'
    Took one look at the paperwork that's been slowly building up in the corner and thought oopsie, better get it done or they'll find me in the corner in tears, rocking backwards and forwards next week

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I forgot that eldest dd is off rock climbing for the day tomorrow for her gcse pe. Strange girl is looking forward to it better her than me

Kiddleywinks get that paperwork done and then enjoy the rest of the weekend
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Face-painting - what do I do for the boys? (Aged 4-6)

Doing a two year review today. (Got up early and have done all my housework already! Last load of laundry has just gone out on the line. Have fed my DS breakfast; DD still in bed - I'm jealous - as is my lazy DH! )

Have to also fit in 'learning to face-paint' (after-schoolie's mum is a Parent Governor at my local school and she has roped me in to face paint at the Infants school disco next weekend!) Have never done it before in my puff. They're both coming round with the school face paints so that I can practice on the schoolie - she's a fussy little madam, so if she's happy then that will be a relief.

Hope the girls like flowers and rainbows (there's a groovy stick for that, apparently!).

Let's hope the boys like moustaches, beards, spiders - can't think of anything else (has to be easy and I only want quick to do ones - not full face - just little touches).

Then tomorrow, I've got two sets of parents coming to go through their child's Progress reviews (since my last reviews).

Lovely!

Last edited by lollipop kid; 07-03-2015 at 09:55 AM.

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Catch up day for me too , cleaning followed by paperwork. I have a BIG to do list plus got to pop into town at some point. Have a friend coming over tonight. Tomorrow will depend on how much I get done today. Enjoy the sunshine everyone x
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH has warned me not to expect too much from him today as he has so much sport on tv today!

Just got back from tap with DD and now she is playing 'tap lessons' with all her soft toys. Big progress, she is starting to enjoy it as I knew she would love it if she gave it a chance. Then she has her swimming lesson at 5 which is always great fun to watch - good group of kids. Chores, admin and some fresh air until then. Tonight DH and I will be watching more Downton Abbey - we downloaded it all and have been watching some each night and loving it!

Sunday, no plans, but it usually involves a nice walk, a drive and a visit to a pub.

15. Likes lollipop kid, FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My plan was to Spring clean the greenhouse, take down bubble wrap etc...but this cold is lingering and my bones are just crying out for rest. I haven't been ill for seven years and am just not good at accepting it!
    So, as our proper retirement plan currently involves spending 2 years in France I am cosyied up on duo lingo. DH isn't fluent but can speak French quite well, so he is getting a little irritated at my constant questions to him whilst he is trying to design an outdoor coffee table for grown ups that will double up as a small world land - it's a sort of planted coffee table - everything has to 'work' for its living in our garden ( seen on an old Gardening programme) with slate slabs inbetween - to put your mug on / animals/ fairies/ dinosaurs/ people etc... I get by on our French holidays and am sure will improve drastically when we live there but I am such a chatterbox that I wonder how I will survive if I can't natter to the neighbours!
    I once offered my spare room on couch surfing to a lovely French language assistant, she is now a good family friend and often uses my home and dog sits for us to stay in England for holidays. She is coming at Easter so has said we will speak only French for an hour and a half a day- to refine our pronunciation - it's beginning to feel like a week long exam! I'm sure that's my cold ridden cotton wool mind thinking.......I do set myself some tasks!!
    Youngest son has just had a 'date' with a French lady in Manchester too, he has been texting me loads of ' this is the one' type messages ...so we could have a resident family member too ( or it could be another young lady that goes through his life!)
    So...another hour on this and then I intend to go for a walk with my camera, I have a ' front door' project to look at..

A couple of old friends are popping in with their latest book swaps later, we meet for coffee and cakes ( my turn this time- DH has made a Bakewell tart today) and swap books every six weeks or so, best library visit ever...if I can taste today.
    DH went to the butchers early and has bought 2 steaks for tea....
    A slow day - just what I need.
    Last edited by FloraDora; 07-03-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Dreadful punctuation!

17. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    DH has warned me not to expect too much from him today as he has so much sport on tv today!

Just got back from tap with DD and now she is playing 'tap lessons' with all her soft toys. Big progress, she is starting to enjoy it as I knew she would love it if she gave it a chance. Then she has her swimming lesson at 5 which is always great fun to watch - good group of kids. Chores, admin and some fresh air until then. Tonight DH and I will be watching more Downton Abbey - we downloaded it all and have been watching some each night and loving it!

Sunday, no plans, but it usually involves a nice walk, a drive and a visit to a pub.
    I'm so jealous - sounds lovely. My DH is STILL in bed! I'm going to write him a to-do list, just for spite (Lazy )

L

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So I have a list a mile long of stuff to do and yet I find myself watching power rangers with the children.

They can use old power ranger abilities ninja storm, spd, mystic force, wildforce. My eldest 2 loved power rangers so we watched quite a lot of them

21. Likes Maza liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

OH and DS have been n taken his mum shopping so i got on and moved my playroom round again ;-)

Now im off to ikea. Wish me luck x

23. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    OH and DS have been n taken his mum shopping so i got on and moved my playroom round again ;-)

Now im off to ikea. Wish me luck x
    Good luck don't spend too much

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The sun is shining so I'm going to continue to tackle the garden - plan to edge the lawn and finish pruning the roses. Have also bought M&Ms to make oatmeal confetti cookies with younger DD. But we're out of eggs so when I've finished my cup of tea (and got off here!) we'll pop to the shops for eggs and red noses (DD wants one, hope they have the exact one she wants!).

BTW red noses would work for face painting. Top tip: keep the brush and paints fairly dry for better coverage.

FloraDora, can you post a picture of the garden table when it's finished, please? It sounds lovely. I like a garden without too much plastic too (although some always creeps in...)

Sunday, depends on the weather (hope it holds). Church in the morning they maybe take elder DD out on her rollerblades for a practise. DS can use his new scooter and littlest DD her scoot bike.

Have fun everyone!

26. Likes Maza, lollipop kid liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

Good luck don't spend too much
    Could have been worse lol. On a planned spend of £14 i spent £63 ;-(

28. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So what did you buy then? x

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unrealistic target there Shortstuff - who has ever spent £14 on a trip to Ikea???????(unless you live opposite and go lots)

Now that sounds like a plan......live opposite an Ikea ....in Sweden!

I am always envious of people who live in Coventry, not the best Ikea store but right in the shopping centre!

31. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just returned from a lovely day with DD2 in Kew Gardens. She wanted to see the orchid exhibition and it was amazing. The gardens are full of crocuses and it was so spring like. We have walked nearly 9 miles today and are now enjoying a well earned cup of tea. Tomorrow DD1, her husband and baby Joe are coming for dinner so its been a lovely family weekend.

33. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a very busy day spent it building a climbing frame for my DS who is 2 while he somehow managed to entertain himself and even put himself down for a nap. Which was great as this afternoon he had a party to go to so he was well rested even if I was really tired. Tomorrow will be more climbingframe building. But The tower and roof is done it's just the tube slide and bench to go on then it's already for playing with.

35. Likes Maza liked this post
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Training today. Interesting so time passed really quickly. Left DH cleaning carpets.

37. Likes Maza liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast