Anyone remember me?! Popping in to say hi! :)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone remember me?! Popping in to say hi! :)

Hi!

I don't know if any of you will remember me?! Just thought I'd pop on and say hi, have been wondering lately how everyone is doing.

I stopped Childminding last Easter, I was suffering with quite bad PND. It came to a head in July when I suffered a breakdown and have spent the following months sorting myself out (it's been a very long and bumpy road). Enjoying life again now and most importantly enjoying my children! No plans to return to childminding though, I like having my home back again.

2. Likes Maza liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello

Great that you are enjoying life again!

I'm currently in the process of moving house so I'm not working at the moment.

4. Likes Becci26 liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Becci, it's great to hear from you. Glad you are feeling better.

6. Likes Becci26 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!

Glad to hear you're doing so well and feeling so positive

8. Likes Becci26 liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

PND or depression of any kind is so misunderstood, so glad that you are feeling better - just take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day, it's not necessarily your depression returning as we all have a bad day from time to time. Lovely to hear from you again

10. Likes Becci26 liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely to hear from you! Hope you are getting the support you need and I'm glad things are starting to look brighter for you. Keep in touch. x

12. Likes Becci26 liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lovely to hear from you and that things are looking brighter
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

14. Likes Becci26 liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, sorry to hear you had such a tough time but very glad to hear you are feeling brighter.

16. Likes Becci26 liked this post
    Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi to you all

I have a long and boring history of depression, which I thought I had got on top of, until my son came along and cried virtually non stop for the first year of his life! He's happier now he can walk, thankfully! So utterly draining, reached the darkest place I have ever been and very nearly put myself over beachy head at one point, a short stay in the loony bin and an amazing amount of help from family and friends helped me to get through the darkest days.

I hope the last year has been less eventful for you all!? Hope the move is going smoothly Rick??

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Becci26 View Post
    Hi to you all

I have a long and boring history of depression, which I thought I had got on top of, until my son came along and cried virtually non stop for the first year of his life! He's happier now he can walk, thankfully! So utterly draining, reached the darkest place I have ever been and very nearly put myself over beachy head at one point, a short stay in the loony bin and an amazing amount of help from family and friends helped me to get through the darkest days.

I hope the last year has been less eventful for you all!? Hope the move is going smoothly Rick??
    So glad you had lots of support and didn't jump off Beachy Head, but I know that when I had PND I just felt like driving the car at lamp posts of HGV lorries and couldn't see a carrier bag without thinking of putting it over my head and it's very scary when you have to admit that to a doctor.

Do you think you will start back up childminding in the future? - Ofsted must have known of your depression background from your drs form when you registered and as this latest bout was PND and you have had support and treatment.

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

It's horrible isn't it? I had no way of rationalising and could only see a negative future for my children if I stuck around. My poor husband was hiding all manner of things from me as everything I looked at was a potential to harm myself.

No plans to return to CM at the moment, maybe further down the line, but I do like that my house is my own again and not open to all iykwim. Hubby got made redundant so we have set up another business which will prob need more input from me in the coming years as it grows, not sure I would have the time to CM as well as I found it took up so much time and energy.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Becci26 View Post
    It's horrible isn't it? I had no way of rationalising and could only see a negative future for my children if I stuck around. My poor husband was hiding all manner of things from me as everything I looked at was a potential to harm myself.

No plans to return to CM at the moment, maybe further down the line, but I do like that my house is my own again and not open to all iykwim. Hubby got made redundant so we have set up another business which will prob need more input from me in the coming years as it grows, not sure I would have the time to CM as well as I found it took up so much time and energy.
    Hope your new business is a success xx