Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WEEKEND PLANS

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default WEEKEND PLANS

Well we are off to the safari park today as ds's birthday treat. then off out for tea.

Tomorrow we have football tomorrow morning.

Have a good weekend whatever you are doing x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am nursing a bad cold. Started on Thursday evening and hit a peak last night.

I need it to disappear now as I am off to Brighton tomorrow for a photography and friend meet and taking Min L to the Peak District for her birthday on Monday.
    She is a recovering cancer patient so really can't be around germ infected folks.....how do I make it go away quickly???

I love to read about the football training and matches Fussy, been there done that many years ago. One son was a keen footballer, cricket and ice hockey the other rugby...so our life was training and supporting the matches....loved it. All a bit quieter here now!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

I need it to disappear now as I am off to Brighton tomorrow for a photography and friend meet and taking Min L to the Peak District for her birthday on Monday.
    She is a recovering cancer patient so really can't be around germ infected folks.....how do I make it go away quickly???

I love to read about the football training and matches Fussy, been there done that many years ago. One son was a keen footballer, cricket and ice hockey the other rugby...so our life was training and supporting the matches....loved it. All a bit quieter here now!
    Well I do have a sporty son who is quite desperate to try out for rugby but it clashes with the football at the minute. I do enjoy watching them all whatever they do.

Have you tried Vick on your feet to try and shift the cold
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Well I do have a sporty son who is quite desperate to try out for rugby but it clashes with the football at the minute. I do enjoy watching them all whatever they do.

Have you tried Vick on your feet to try and shift the cold
    Smiled then googled this - there are millions of sites about it!!
    Someone did also suggest a garlic poultice - I am presuming for similar reasons? Natural herbology cures.... Another lem sip whilst I read about it - thankyou.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from DD's tap lesson and for the first time since she started (few months ago) she actually came out buzzing and said it was fun, so now I'm buzzing! The only reason she hasn't loved it in the past is because I can't stay, but it's only half an hour. She has a party at 3 so I'm not sure what we'll do until then as it's such miserable weather. Tomorrow we have no plans, which I just love. We'll probably end up going for a big walk on the Common. Also, continuing with our house search. We're keen on Cheltenham at the moment, even though neither of us have ever been, but we like it on paper and are planning a trip there soon.

Hope you feel better soon FloraDora.

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor you. Hate colds. Try taking Echinacea tablets now (will help minimise how long it lasts for) and do the Vicks on your feet. Keep your head warm and wear a scarf round your neck - even indoors - plus loads of fresh air (windows open indoors for airflow etc. when anyone is near you with a cold).

I always take Echinacea tablets and get the windows open for through airflow when I smell the cold germ on the little ones. (Don't know if you know what I mean, but I always smell it just before their temperature shoots up and the green snot comes. I even smell it on their parents a lot! Perhaps it's just me.)

Anyway, hope that helps and you get over it quickly. I've also heard chicken soup works wonders!

If it gets to your chest, there's a Scottish remedy called "Lightning Lung". It's made and sold by a wee chemist in Aberdeen and apparently it's so effective that it's sent all over the world. Haven't tried it myself, but know many Scottish friends who swear by it.

L

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    Poor you. Hate colds. Try taking Echinacea tablets now (will help minimise how long it lasts for) and do the Vicks on your feet. Keep your head warm and wear a scarf round your neck - even indoors - plus loads of fresh air (windows open indoors for airflow etc. when anyone is near you with a cold).

I always take Echinacea tablets and get the windows open for through airflow when I smell the cold germ on the little ones. (Don't know if you know what I mean, but I always smell it just before their temperature shoots up and the green snot comes. I even smell it on their parents a lot! Perhaps it's just me.)

Anyway, hope that helps and you get over it quickly. I've also heard chicken soup works wonders!

If it gets to your chest, there's a Scottish remedy called "Lightning Lung". It's made and sold by a wee chemist in Aberdeen and apparently it's so effective that it's sent all over the world. Haven't tried it myself, but know many Scottish friends who swear by it.

L
    I know exactly what you mean by that smell. I can still remember a girl from my infant school when I was little who seemed to have that smell all the time. It's the first thing I think about whenever I am reminded of her.

9. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I know exactly what you mean by that smell. I can still remember a girl from my infant school when I was little who seemed to have that smell all the time. It's the first thing I think about whenever I am reminded of her.
    Phew! Thanks, Maza. I was a bit worried that it was only me, as no-one I have ever met knew what I meant when I mentioned it to them.

I really dislike that smell - when I smell it, I take it as a warning that I'm going to get the bug unless I quickly try to avert it!

L

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Phew! Thanks, Maza. I was a bit worried that it was only me, as no-one I have ever met knew what I meant when I mentioned it to them.

I really dislike that smell - when I smell it, I take it as a warning that I'm going to get the bug unless I quickly try to avert it!

L
    Haha! Not just you. The only time she didn't have that smell was when she smelt of cough drops!

12. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Well we are off to the safari park today as ds's birthday treat. then off out for tea. Tomorrow we have football tomorrow morning. Have a good weekend whatever you are doing x
    Happy birthday to Ds! Have fun!

Zumba this am to wake me up, the guy who does it acts like he is disco dancing on speed and the rest of us try and keep up .. Great work
    Out and way to start your weekend ! Off now to take littlest dd to her match then tomorrow church and a class for her , then usual weekend jobs and trip to the shopping centre

Enjoy all !

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Happy birthday to Ds! Have fun!

Zumba this am to wake me up, the guy who does it acts like he is disco dancing on speed and the rest of us try and keep up .. Great work
    Out and way to start your weekend ! Off now to take littlest dd to her match then tomorrow church and a class for her , then usual weekend jobs and trip to the shopping centre

Enjoy all !
    Baking with DD, with music on and trying to dance to "Happy" (Despicable Me) and mix at the same time. Very messy but very funny!

Post Thanks / Like

Baking with DD, with music on and trying to dance to "Happy" (Despicable Me) and mix at the same time. Very messy but very funny!
    That does sound fun!!!

16. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you feel better soon flora Dora !

18. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well I have spent all day resting, ( in my pJ's )....windows wide open ....I have tried the Vicks feet remedy much to the amusement of DH ...but think sniffing it on a hanky is more satisfying...

I have had a quick sunset walk - no photos though and feel 100% better......was it the feet rub Fussy??

But am now in a pickle about tomorrow.
    I have been invited by my son's girlfriend's parents to have lunch with them ( son and GF are currently experiencing a year away in South America).
    We are doing some photographing in the morning meeting them for lunch and then calling in on friends on the way home. Great Road trip to Brighton.
    I emailed to ask time for lunch? The reply was its up to us - they will make lunch and it will be ready for whenever we call in?
    Now, I sort of thought we had been invited to 'Sunday Lunch' i.e roast dinner, so intended to take a nice bottle of South American red to accompany...but this lunch sounds like sandwiches type lunch which will probably be better served with a cup of tea!
    Do I take wine or a bunch of flowers??
    It was better when my head was all fuzzy and I couldn't think ahead!

It's all your fault Fussy for curing me!

20. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have spent all day resting, ( in my pJ's )....windows wide open ....I have tried the Vicks feet remedy much to the amusement of DH ...but think sniffing it on a hanky is more satisfying...

I have had a quick sunset walk - no photos though and feel 100% better......was it the feet rub Fussy??

I have been invited by my son's girlfriend's parents to have lunch with them ( son and GF are currently experiencing a year away in South America).
    We are doing some photographing in the morning meeting them for lunch and then calling in on friends on the way home. Great Road trip to Brighton.
    I emailed to ask time for lunch? The reply was its up to us - they will make lunch and it will be ready for whenever we call in?
    Now, I sort of thought we had been invited to 'Sunday Lunch' i.e roast dinner, so intended to take a nice bottle of South American red to accompany...but this lunch sounds like sandwiches type lunch which will probably be better served with a cup of tea!

Colourful Spring flowers - definitely! (Or a pot of Daffodils or similar spring bulbs - to last longer)

Enjoy!

L

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) glad you're feeling better floradora and have a good day tomorrow.
    I've been on the 2nd half of my first aid today and tomorrow we're off to a VW show!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a Henry course today, didn't really look forward to it, but the tutors were fab and I really enjoyed it, had a goodie bag too and a bonus we finished an hour and a half early, Fussy I hope you had a fab day for your ds birthday.
    Cath

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its what Im here for

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cathtee View Post
    Had a Henry course today, didn't really look forward to it, but the tutors were fab and I really enjoyed it, had a goodie bag too and a bonus we finished an hour and a half early, Fussy I hope you had a fab day for your ds birthday.
    We have had a lovely day and the rain stayed off

Though we are all ready for a nice long sleep now apart from ds who seems to have found another wave of energy from somewhere. Maybe from the doughnut burger he has just consumed

Though we did miss the rugby