Sewing/embroidery hobbies!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sewing/embroidery hobbies!

Hello all,

Are any of you sewers/embroidery lovers!

I do alot of sewing as and when I can and machine embroidery - I brought my machine last year after anting one for ages and LOVE it!! I make anything from bags to name banners and bunting.

What do you enjoy crafting?!

2. Likes Katy M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hi I love sewing too, i've been making lots of felt play food going to make some felt tea bags today for daughters tea parties :-) . I dontt have a sewing machine yet but would love one as next big project is to make a teepee x

4. Likes Maza, Katy M liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I cross-stitch each child's name on their hand towel, but that's about all I have time for these days.

It tends to turn a few heads when I'm sitting in a dodgy pub with a pint, a bag of scratchings and an embroidery hoop.

6. Likes shortstuff, rickysmiths, loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

40 Years ago I used to sew to save money - as eveyone did- bridesmaids dresses, skirts and dresses, curtains and cushions etc...
    I always made costumes for school plays too.
    I was a big cross stitcher too, it sort of went out of fashion, almost, you were very old fashioned if you sewed, going to the gym, aerobics, mountain biking, salsa dancing, yoga, Reiki, all became the 'done' hobbies and so I became a closet and necessity sewer!
    it's much cheaper to buy quality material and then make your curtains than pay someone.

Now it's all back and called crafting - which is wonderful, my son's partner knits, openly in public and people don't call her an old lady!!

I made a couple of Christmas cards this year - I printed out some of my photographs and embellished them with some embroidery - I liked them so may try to do a picture for me.
    At the moment I am making a cloth book - the Hungry caterpillar.
    I like the process of sewing, but not always the final product!

8. Likes Katy M liked this post
    Nov 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I love sewing/crafting. I have made bags, clothes for me and my daughters, toys and soft furnishings. At the moment I am doing some smoking for a dress for my daughter. It is just finding the time with work, a baby, housework and 2 other children life is busy! The problem I have is that I don't have anywhere that I can set up my sewing machine and leave it, I have to pack it all away every time.

Love The Great British sewing Bee!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

when I was a nanny I used to sew all the time, and often made clothes for the children I looked after, as well as endless dresses and trousers for me ( somehow never got the hang of tops! ) as well as bags/puppets and all sorts of toys, as well as cross stitching.

but since having my own children, I barely sew at all! ... I do sometimes make bags for things, and I have been known to make puppets and other resources. I make occasional costumes, but I've never made anything for my children to wear! I seem to have forgotten how to sew anything on a machine that isn't a straight line !!! ( I do do a good line in fleece blankets for babies! )

I'd love to have time to sew more, but it means finding space to have my machine out, things to sew, and actually, a decent fabric shop vaguely close by!!! I do buy fabric online, but I don't really like doing so!

11. Likes Katy M, FloraDora liked this post
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love cross stitching and have found some of the older minders also enjoy it. I recently re discovered knitting sadly don't seem to have enough time to do as much as I would like.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Since my son was born with an inability to have an oz of fat on his body. I have taken up clothes making so he can wear clothes that don't fall down or show ankle. Didn't really like it at first but now I love it even make some of my own. My son is very good and fains excitement every time I finish something.

14. Likes Maza liked this post