Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Are we all back to work today?

I know I am. I am also impressed that I got all 4 children up and ready for school.

What are your plans/themes.

I have one eyfs today but going to wing it and Im thinking board games for the after schoolies.

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not back till tomorrow but up as dd is back at school.
    I'm sat watching TV with a cup of tea.
    Got a new baby starting tomorrow she's only 4 months so spending the day making sure all my baby stuff is ok as not had one so little for over 4 years
    Love Amanda

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been on-and-off since last week.

Had 1 child last Tuesday. Always a bit odd having just 1. Part of me thinks "is it worth it for 1?" - another part thinks, "great, we can get out and do stuff more easily." Planned to visit the urban farm, but all the buses were full of sales-hungry consumers, so gave it up as a bad job and went home to sulk. Then another mum called and wanted just a few hours' immediate emergency care for her DD, and a new starter dropped in and we had coffee, cake and an impromptu settling session. All worked out pretty well. Still a long day with the one who was booked in. Went sledging for much of the afternoon. The last day before the thaw, and he had the best time ever. All worthwhile when I told mum we'd been sledging. She was absolutely made up, and stood in the grand entrance hall to Bunyip Towers actually crying with joy. They'd been away over Christmas and missed all the snow. He'd never been sledging before and they were delighted he'd finally had the chance.

I was due to have 1 on Friday, but they phoned in sick , so I got an unexpected day off.

Today is an inset day. I'd normally have a couple of extra schoolies, but parents have made alternative arrangements. So just 1 lo today and she will be collected early to go to a party.

Back to something like 'normal' tomorrow, then. Still not the usual routine as toddler groups don't recommence for a couple of weeks, and my regular schoolie will have extra after-school classes for the first 1/2 of term. Then contracts and settling visits to arrange for new starters in January and February.

4. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys.. Yes I am back today., shock all round getting up at 7.. When alarm went off I Actually thought 'why have I set the alarm?!' Grr!

No one here yet all on go slow! Expecting one of the three I have today to have been potty training over hols so planning on toddler group but won't if he is as it's carpeted

However ... This is our new play set., got a grant and dh put much of Christmas putting it up! Los not gonna wanna leave Anyways!

Ah won't let me attach it!

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Back today and meant to have 4 children today but 2 (my later finishers) are still on holiday. One going home at 12.30 (normally here til 5.15) and the other lo home at 4.30 so a great way to break myself back into it all
    Tess1981

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I was pushing my luck by booking today off but all the parents were fine. I'm soooooo glad I did because it's DD's last day off and it's been so nice for her (and me) not to have little ones around. We are so rested! It makes me think that I would love to be term time only. She wants to go to the Natural History Museum and so we'll be setting off shortly. Can't believe we can go on such a fabulous day out for free. Hubby put up her netball post that she got for Christmas and so we'll probably have a play with that too later.

Was just saying to hubby that I bet one of my mindees has dropped his nap over the holidays. As much as I adore him (had him since he was a few months old) I do sooo need my couple of hours break from him each day as he is so lively.
    Have a good day everyone. x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

First day back for me today, but luckily a quiet day with an early finish

dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

In service day here so have 2 Los and 2 afterschooler sisters. Have decided to get really organized and have done the first picture for next year's calendar. The theory is I do 1 picture a month relating to the time of year and add a photo - instead of the last minute panic to collect photos etc while trying to do everything else in the run up to to Christmas. However, if the 8 yo doesn't stop singing "You should never do an tango with an Eskimo, no no no" just the one line - over and over she'll be lucky to see the end of this week - never mind Christmas 2015!!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I worked 2 days last week but they were very quiet days, Today however is back to normal with a bang. Schools are on inset day so have 3 schoolies plus 4 EY's children one of which is her first day today. Very very busy and noisy but all is going well so far although they have already done so much I think they will run out of things to do later. I will definitely be earning my money today I think lol.

xxx

13. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Back tomorrow as don't work Mondays!
    I wanted to do all sorts of fun things with my own two ... we ended up shopping and now sitting in macdonalds. Still a treat though as closest one is 45 mins drive away!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Not back until tomorrow, a nice short 3 day week here as I don't work Friday's!

Not looking forward to this week tbh, a mindee is leaving after being here for 2 and a half years will really miss her but won't miss the 6.45am alarm for her coming!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Have 3 sibling boys (2,4 and 6) and my own DD (10). Went out to Westonbirt and had a great time in the woods. They are totally filthy with mud! They even got to climb the prickles of the Gruffalo (sculpture), the 2 year old was not sure but at least this time he had to courage to touch it at least. Ran around for over 5 hours and slept in the car and on the sofa for almost 2 hrs! I must have exghausted them
    This pm it's fee play and a DVD until home time 6 pm.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Had seven today (2 early years) the children have been fabulous, so lovely to have them back but boy have I earned every penny

19. Likes AliceK, Ripeberry, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I got let off lightly as it was an inset day, some parents kept their children off - just as well as it was a bit of a shock when the alarm went off in the middle of the night!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doris127 View Post
    In service day here so have 2 Los and 2 afterschooler sisters. Have decided to get really organized and have done the first picture for next year's calendar. The theory is I do 1 picture a month relating to the time of year and add a photo - instead of the last minute panic to collect photos etc while trying to do everything else in the run up to to Christmas. However, if the 8 yo doesn't stop singing "You should never do an tango with an Eskimo, no no no" just the one line - over and over she'll be lucky to see the end of this week - never mind Christmas 2015!!
    I would consider that bliss compared with non-stop screeching of "Let It Go..... Let It GO....."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Make It Stop...Make It Stop....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I would consider that bliss compared with non-stop screeching of "Let It Go..... Let It GO....." NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Make It Stop...Make It Stop....
    Lol I have one who just sings that one line and another who answers back with 'do you wanna build a snowman!?' Both only know one line!

23. Likes Maza liked this post
    dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully I have pretty much escaped the Frozen thing so far☺ - my own 2 girls are 13 and 17 so we watched it once to see what all the fuss was about. The 5 yo and 8 yo girls were obsessed at home but never really mentioned it here as I didn't have the DVD. By the time I got it they were fed up of it. All the rest are 2 and under so a bit young so far. It may be on its way though as the 2 yo girl did watch it at Christmas and has now asked a couple of times. Think I may forget to tell her we have it too.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I swear I'm going to exclude the first child who turns up in one of these: Supermarket - Great design. Straight from designers.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="bunyip;1387727"]I swear I'm going to exclude the first child who turns up in one of these: Supermarket - Great design. Straight from designers. [/QUOTE
    Lol classic!!!