Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: good campsites?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default good campsites?

Anyone recommend any good campsites for family summer holiday near a beach - thanks

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My favourite camp site is called Sykeside in the Lake District - no beach, but next to a lake where you can take a blow up boat or paddle. Middle of walking country, highest road in LD between Windermere and Ullswater , basic but great showers and bar/ food - aimed at walkers but I find they make great parents so site has lots of well behaved children!

3. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    My favourite camp site is called Sykeside in the Lake District - no beach, but next to a lake where you can take a blow up boat or paddle. Middle of walking country, highest road in LD between Windermere and Ullswater , basic but great showers and bar/ food - aimed at walkers but I find they make great parents so site has lots of well behaved children!
    Thanks FloraDora

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone got any other suggestions, maybe near a beach?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't remember what its called , but there is a campsite at the top of the cliff with a walk down to the beach at lulworth cove/durdle door. I think it might a big holiday park type site.

this site isn't near the beach, but we liked it ( although a bit bigger and more organised than we usually like! ) Campsites Devon, Caravan Parks Devon and Caravan Storage in Devon, UK when we went it had a great waterplay area which the children enjoyed! ( called south breazle )

I use The UK Camp Site for Tent and Caravan Campers in the UK to look up campsites. we prefer the small sites away from the maddening crowds and haven't yet camped at one near a beach!

my friend recommends these as close (ish) to the beach Serenity Touring Caravan & Camping Park - Home Page Holiday Park Whitby | Caravan site & Campsite Whitby | Caravan site & Campsite Robin Hood she sent me the link to this site Beach Campsites UK

enjoy!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have always looked at this site and thought how great it looks but never stayed.

It's not far from Brighton - and South coast - but Brighton, despite loads of families visiting doesn't have sand, or coves etc.... Along the coast a little though and sand appears.

Home

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done Lulworth Cove/Durdle Door. It's lovely - haven't done it with kids though but lots of people do.