Venting!!! Not CM related
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Venting!!! Not CM related

I'm so angry this morning I've just taken my DD 5 to school only to see another LO turning up after being sick in the classroom yesterday ( which according to DD was quite a lot and they had to move classrooms whilst it was cleaned up! I'm mad at the parent for taking her in but also the school for accepting her as they've recently changed their sickness policy to obviously get better attendance figures, I find it disgusting that they put these figures in front of children's welfare!!! Rant over!!

2. Likes Koala, bunyip liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no logic in that because surley letting ill children in to school will make attendance worse! Madness! Also poor little one- they are probably still feeling unwell.

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be so mad if one of mine caught the sickness bug this close to Christmas just because of the selfishness of one parent and the stupidity of the school. If I were you I would probably be tempted to not send my child in and tell the school why. Surely even if they changed their sickness policy it can't be less than 24hrs for D&V??

xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Mmm I'm going to question what their sickness policy is and then I will put together a letter. I don't understand why a school can feel ok with going against the HPA guidelines therefore putting their pupils at risk!

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't even make sense. The attendance targets are for cutting unauthorised absence, and sick absence would be authorised. I'd be disgusted too.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ofsted are also looking at "authorised" absences as lots of parents are claiming children are sick when they have actually taken them off on holiday during term time. But crazy that this school accepted back this child - what are they likely to learn today when they probably finish today anyway?

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure whoever had to clear up the vomit ( TA probably?) would not be pleased to see the child the next day

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I might of complained there and then, had it noted on school records and taken ***** home even though they would get an unauthorised absence themselves. Not this time of year. Our local school put out news letters about this and reminded parents that if their child seemed ill they would be sent straight home again

12. Likes AliceK liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I might of complained there and then, had it noted on school records and taken child home even though they would get an unauthorised absence themselves. Not this time of year. Our local school put out news letters about this and reminded parents that if their child seemed ill they would be sent straight home again

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I see so many friends on FB talking about dosing their kids up on Calpol so they can get them back to school as soon as possible. One is actually a teacher and she'll often say how her daughter has been sick in the night & she's dreading getting a phone call during the day to say to go & collect her. Then if she has no choice but to keep her daughter off school, she'll take her into work with her!!
    Of course she then moans like mad when she is ill herself and thinks she's caught something from one of her pupils!

Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a worry!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tbh as it's the last day I didn't want to kick up a fuss and I was waiting to see if the LO stayed all day. I'm going to write in a letter of complaint and speak to the parent governor. Their policy is now 24hrs and it clearly wasn't that! My DD said she was better today but it isn't the point!

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what they are basing their new 24 hour rule on , or just bowing down under parent pressure?

Post Thanks / Like

I will ask that question. I have stuck to the HPA guidelines and follow the 48 hr rule as I am taking my responsibilities for the children I care for seriously. I know bugs can and will spread but I don't want to add to the problem. Parents can be very selfish on this matter but they are not concerned about anyone else's children whereas I am. I believe schools should have the same approach to pupil welfare not bowing down to pressure to meet attendance targets and certainly not pressure from selfish parents!