Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nut allergy- help

Hi all I have an after schooler starting this week who had an allergic reaction to peanut butter at the weekend, been fine before this but I could do with some help with paperwork as I will be feeding her here, dad is very relaxed about the issue and says they have never encountered any other issues so thinks it's specifically peanut oil but tests won't be carried out for another 3 months, he is happy for me to give anything unless it specifically states peanut oil on the label and has given me piriton just in case but I need to cover myself?!

Registered Childminder since
    June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Write up a care plan for this child i.e 1; what is the health concern 2; what happened, symptoms, how often 3; how is it to be treated 4; what can you do to minimise risk to child. Make sure emergency contact details are up to date. I would not have peanut butter or foods containing it until after tests have been done. With allergic reactions like this they build up slowly over time at each exposure until they have anaphylactic reaction, at a first aid course we were told its like a tube the body decides it doesn't like something so a small part is stored in a memory tube each time this food is put in the body another piece is added causing minor reactions until 1 day the tube is full and it bursts. As she has an appointment in 3months Drs can't be to concerned, so try not to worry.