So are we all back to school yet?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Our school goes back tomorrow, but I have lost one lo who is starting tomorrow as I can no longer do school runs! DH got laid off from his job where he had a works van, and tho he got another job he needs the car :( for the past 12months I have been taking him and fetching him if I needed the car for school run, which was only once or twice a week, but the lo who starts school this week has parents who work shifts so I could have ended up with 3 or 4 days (with other mindee as well) so tho I feel really bad about it it's just not a viable option anymore :rolleyes:: my existing mindee is going to be dropped back at me by a friend, but when I told the other parent, she decided to move :( don't mind not doing school run, but sad to lose lo as she had been with me since she was 5 months old, and also feel I am letting people down :(

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so special sometimes honesty I really impress myself

I have only gone and brought girls trousers for ds2 - well that's a trip to asda then please pray for me that they have some
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes Chimps Childminding, mum67 liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    Dd back today but off tomorrow... ds off today and in tomorrow then both in on Thursday... can't wait for routine and dark evenings and CHRISTMASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
    I lluurrrvvvvv CHRISTMAS

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I am so special sometimes honesty I really impress myself

I have only gone and brought girls trousers for ds2 - well that's a trip to asda then please pray for me that they have some
    My ds must be special as well, he took his trousers (2 pairs-1x34 w, 1x32w) back to asda because they were too big, silly mum must think he is as wide (needed 30w) as he is tall only to come home with 2 other pairs size 32w

6. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so special sometimes honesty I really impress myself I have only gone and brought girls trousers for ds2 - well that's a trip to asda then please pray for me that they have some
    Noooooo
    Hope you found some x

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble Beez View Post

Noooooo
    Hope you found some x

Sarah x
    Yes I got him some. Nervous breakdown cancelled
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are back since Wednesday (two younger dds) and Friday (older one at secondary) .. We
    Are all exhausted! Middle
    Dd came home and went to sleep yesterday afternoon (she is 11!) and still conked out at bed time. We have also been dealing with the lovely head lice again (been two years since the last time!) and I have had a blocked ear from a sinus thing since the weekend so it's not been a good week! Homework has also been piled on already!

I am enjoying having our routine back.. I usually love having mine home but for some reason this year I didn't really! We went on hols for two weeks at the start of the holidays and it was hard to get back into work after loving having so much quality time with dh And my girls then had notice from one of my main earners when I came back so I was trying to entertain everyone on very little money! Add to that the little ones wanted to go out every morning as usual and my girls wanted to slob in their pjs all morning and it wasn't fun! I felt bad if I dragged them out and couldn't go far if I went out without them!

Off to toddlers this am so that's back to normal!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Well DS started Juniors yesterday and went in teary. He came out last night absolutely buzzing and said I dont know why I cried it was brilliant.

So imagine my surprise when he cried again this morning! He has gone into class as the teachers helper because she noticed his little face.

Promise me it will get better?

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes I got him some. Nervous breakdown cancelled
    Don't cancel it!! Put it somewhere safe so you have it to hand

12. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Well DS started Juniors yesterday and went in teary. He came out last night absolutely buzzing and said I dont know why I cried it was brilliant.

So imagine my surprise when he cried again this morning! He has gone into class as the teachers helper because she noticed his little face.

Promise me it will get better?
    It does get better - honest

14. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're back to school today boo hoo . I am starting back to work after 8 months off a week on Monday with a new family So I am enjoying my last week and a bit off

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    It does get better - honest
    thanks, cause im losing faith at the mo.

Apparently he spent every break time dragging one of my mindees round with him. Hes only a yr 6 lol. Luckily the yr6 enjoys DS's company

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    thanks, cause im losing faith at the mo. Apparently he spent every break time dragging one of my mindees round with him. Hes only a yr 6 lol. Luckily the yr6 enjoys DS's company
    Ah poor Ds! He will be fine it's just hard to get back into it isn't it? What time does he finish? Hugs for you x

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Ah poor Ds! He will be fine it's just hard to get back into it isn't it? What time does he finish? Hugs for you x
    He finishes at 3.15 and will walk round to me with another mum as infants finish at 3.20 and it was just too tight yesterday to do both. it is all within the same grounds so all good from that view point. Just yet another stress.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

My two both at school today. Back to routine... Both my children leave at 8am and return home at 4.05pm last child leaves at 5.45 on a Monday Tues and Thursday and 5 - 5.30 Friday... I'm of Wednesdays..
    A lot of the summer my kids were at their dad's or friends or off out. There was no set dinner Time or bed time. Now dinner at 6 lights out by 10.30 ... and a wee fire lit with a box set of Downton abbey to get through
    Tess1981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12