Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Housework harder than childminding

I have a week off this week and have decided I'm going to give the house a good clean and sort out. I've spent 6 hours cleaning out cupboards and washing them out and cleaning the floor and windows just in the kitchen and I'm exhausted!!
    Our bedroom is on the list for tomorrow followed by the conservatory/playroom. Ill need another week off the recover after this. Serves me right I suppose for not keeping it upstraight all the time. Hope you're all having a good week

2. Likes rickysmiths, mum67 liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the same last week! xx

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too, that's all I seem to do when I'm off and catch up on decorating.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That will be what I am doing over the next 2 weeks! Plus finishing painting the landing and half down the stairs where I left off in May and finishing the second hall. I also want to give the playroom a lick of paint! Some holiday.

I am having a day out tomorrow, Colour Exhibition at the National Gallery and going to see the Poppies at the Tower of London.

Then Thursday going with my daughter to see an exhibition of Wedding Dresses at the V & A with a Cream Tea after and then The London Museum to see the Olympic Torch from 2012.

6. Likes ziggy, Kiddleywinks, Maza, funemnx liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yup, two weeks off and catching up with paperwork and housework is the order of the day here too.

Hoping to get things deep cleaned, organised, and redecorated before schools go back - wish me luck

8. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It feels so good to have those cupboards clean and sorted though. I want to do it when DD is back at school. Then I need to actually take the bags of stuff to the charity shop rather than have them cluttering up the bottom of my wardrobe. Actually, I'm toying with the idea of doing a car boot sale.

rickysmiths I went to see the wedding dress exhibition. I was with 5 year old DD and she was rushing me through it as she was a bit bored (prefers hands on museums). It looked good though. Is your daughter grown up? My DD did love the paddling pool/fountains in the gardens there though and luckily I had a spare set of clothes in my bag for her. Have fun. x

10. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow does anyone remember what the word 'Holiday' really means? we're all bonkers, if we was in any other job we would be putting our feet up, dossing about (lounging for the posher forum members) in our pj's, ordering take aways and piling on the pounds with a cheeky glass of wine and nibbles.
    Maybe we should all do planning sheets for our holidays and keep to them, do daily diaries to remind us whether we had fun or not and a holiday journal to look back on in time, we might actually get a holiday then.

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Wow does anyone remember what the word 'Holiday' really means? we're all bonkers, if we was in any other job we would be putting our feet up, dossing about (lounging for the posher forum members) in our pj's, ordering take aways and piling on the pounds with a cheeky glass of wine and nibbles.
    Maybe we should all do planning sheets for our holidays and keep to them, do daily diaries to remind us whether we had fun or not and a holiday journal to look back on in time, we might actually get a holiday then.
    Ha ha love this ;-)

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Having booked last week off to clean and sort the house, it has worked out that I have 3 days off this week too. I am now sitting in my tidy clean house, knitting a shawl for my first grandchild due in December. Much better than cleaning.

14. Likes funemnx liked this post
    Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Like many members I spend the last few days of my holidays painting and touching up worn areas that get battered by the kids over the year. I have a pale blue wall in my kitchen that was looking a bit scuffed and tired and thought I would give these magic eraser things a try...it was amazing and now I don't need to paint that particular wall :-)