Any one watching the bake off!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any one watching the bake off!

I all are any of you watching the bake off? It's one of my favourite things on TV! I loved to bake and create lovely treats but now I haven't the time so I have to watch others instead! Lol

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Really tempted to make a swiss roll as have an old school friend coming to visit tomorrow - but haven't made one since CSE Home Economics in 1981!

3. Likes mum67, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this program, it always inspires me. I bake cakes and biscuits all the time but they are never fancy and pretty, just don't have the time. I wonder who gets to eat all the cakes they make after the show and I wonder if Paul and Mary get sick of eating cake?

xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sick of eating cake? NEVER!

The 17 year old girl is very good for her age and there's a guy there looks just like Tiger Woods!

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What I like about it is that, although they are all good bakers, they do get things wrong, do make mistakes or have disasters, it seems real and believable.

Plus I enjoy thinking about eating all those yummy cakes :-)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Really tempted to make a swiss roll as have an old school friend coming to visit tomorrow - but haven't made one since CSE Home Economics in 1981!
    I want to try a patterned one
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah well the pressure must be intense ! They get the simplest of things wrong sometimes! It drives my hubby mad. " these are the best in Britain and try can't even tell the difference from sugar and salt!" Lol
    " you can tell me that everyone who entered these are the best ! It's a fix! It's a fix! "

I love it anyway!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Bottled out of making a swiss roll and made a victoria sponge with jam and buttercream filling, buttercream on the top and grated chocolate - and I didn't need Mary Berry to tell me that it was "dry" - I knew as soon as it came out of the tin.

Post Thanks / Like

Bottled out of making a swiss roll and made a victoria sponge with jam and buttercream filling, buttercream on the top and grated chocolate - and I didn't need Mary Berry to tell me that it was "dry" - I knew as soon as it came out of the tin.

Lol x x x bet it was yummy!!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Swiss roll is really very easy and very fast!

I remember when I was at college we had to do cookery and one lesson was Swiss roll ... The teacher came in and told us to start and she would be back in a minute...well about 10 mins later she came back and mine was made and rolled up! :-):-):-) she then asked me to make hers!

(I had however turned my oven on as soon as I walked in the door as I knew it took a while to warm up!)