Milton Keynes Bowl..... anyone been help needed please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Milton Keynes Bowl..... anyone been help needed please

hiya my daughter was lucky enough to win tickets for Kings of Leon on sunday and I am going with my neice.. I have nover been before and upon reading the web site it wuld seem that you cannot take anything in with you..... gates open at 2 and Kings of Leon finish as 22.30 but web site seems to say you cannot take seating of any kind it even says floor seating not allowed. no cool bags etc. etc. how do you take food to stay fresh if the weather is like this . any help would be appreciated .

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You will be able to take water..but they say this so that you buy there! My experience is that they don't want Glyndbourne type picnics....a few discreet junk fillers in your normal size bag will be fine...go with the flow though, the young ones love buying the junk....and walking out of the arena to do so.... Just your purse to consider!

3. Likes desiderata liked this post
    Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a big Asda next door (and Ikea!). You could get a meal deal there cold at the last minute and take it in your bag. Have a great time!

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snortlet View Post
    There is a big Asda next door (and Ikea!). You could get a meal deal there cold at the last minute and take it in your bag. Have a great time!
    Hardly next door lol
    Think you're thinking of the football stadium, not the bowl :-)

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep Asda and Ikea are next to the Stadium, not the Bowl so it'd be a fair walk from there if you bought food. There are usually loads of vans around the edge selling most types of food so there's plenty of choice although not necessarily cheap of course. They basically will confiscate anything that could be used as a projectile.....you can take water in but it has to be in small unopened bottles (so you can't try to fill them with spirits!) and they've been known to make you take the lids off all your bottles so you can't sling them when full. I'm fairly sure they let you take blankets in to sit on but def not chairs etc as again they can be thrown. I'm making it sound like a crazy free for all with objects flying everywhere -it is a fantastic venue, especially on a summers day like today! They just try to guard against the few who take it too far by having certain rules in place. Enjoy!

7. Likes desiderata liked this post
    Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I always thought that was the bowl! I must always be fixated on Ikea when I'm over that way!

9. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't blame you....ikea rocks! x

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nah, the bowl is further up the V4, Ikea and Asda are actually in Bletchley

Agree with Emra, it does sound worse than it is, but it's a fantastic open air venue and whilst seating isn't allowed, the sides are sloped so you can sit down and still see, plus there are the big screens - do take a blanket though, and watch out for the starlings - they normally fly over the staging and look stunning
    There are usually plenty of places to get drinks, food etc

Kings of Leon (swoon) - have a fabulous time!

12. Likes desiderata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,,, everyone think will take picnic rug and water and money..... got a long journey there and back will need to sit... Is car parking a problem...... me just thinks of problems all the time xx

Post Thanks / Like

I no it's a bit naughty,however a friend of mine has said she has nut allergy so has to take her own food/ drink in case someone has touched nuts etc. just an idea as food & drink cost a fortune in these places ;-)