OOohhh so annoyed with neighbour
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OOohhh so annoyed with neighbour

Sorry just had to let it out somewhere. We have a neigbour with a motorbike , I have no problem with bikes. actually like em.. but he never goes anywhere on it just gets it out of garage and revs, and revs, and revs, and revs........................ then cleans it .. revs and revs again and puts it back.. I He does this everyweekend well today I wasnt in a good mood anyway and my dd has a night job and has for the last 8 months and i know he wakes her up and it is really uneccesary. Well today I had had enough and after the 7th rev at 9 00 clock this morning. I looked around in the street and most houses curtains were still shut meaning they were in bed too... I casually went up to him and asked politely if he would mind not sitting revving his engine as it wakes dd and unfortunately due to her job she doesnt get to bed till 4 30 5 am. ... he just looked at me shook his shoulders and said " I have no time for you **** off " I am going out on it havent been out for 2 years !! **** off. I then said , " Oh if your going out , but you usually just sitting revving.... i cant repeat what he said to me then .... so annoyed .. but I just calmly walked back home and go upset at home.. because of job I worry that they will they find something to report about.. The rest of the street have made comments to me in the past but no one will say anything..

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What a ********!
    I feel your pain with neighbours. I moved into my road 21 months ago. The previous owners of the house were retired, and pottered around the garden. Many of the neighbours are also retired and hate the fact that I am a childminder.
    I've been moaned at for the children playing in the garden (my garden!!! 4 mornings a week and sometimes for an hour after school), and for the cars that park (perfectly legally) outside my house for dropping off and collecting at staggered times through the day. The old guy opposite me reckons he can't get enough swing to pull into or out of his drive. He basically can't reverse! And says he has to drive all the way (10 yards) to the end of the road to turn around when someone parks outside my house. I tried to be nice to him and do what he requested, which was to ask the people parking there regularly to park their cars slightly onto the pavement to give him more room. But I don't control the general public and it's actually illegal! Not all cars that park there are anything to do with me. One day my mum had popped round and his wife came round screaming at me that they had 'told me' to sort this out and that they were going to have to leave their car in the middle of the road because they couldn't park it. LOL! Afraid I lost it with them at that point.

The woman next door (also retired) complained to the council about the children in the garden. Playing perfectly nicely - yes making a noise but that's children for you. Didn't even bother talking to me first just filed a complaint. The lady from the council said she had to come round just to inspect but told me herself that she couldn't do anything about children in their gardens and as long as they were brought in at a reasonable hour (which is always by 6pm) there was nothing I could be in any trouble for. She even joked that the woman next door might hopefully croak it soon anyway LOL!

Last week was the latest. Someone called at the house from the council saying there had been report that I was 'running a creche without planning permission' LOL!!!!
    I invited him in, showed him that I am a registered childminder and told him how many children are here each day. He said someone had basically complained about the cars coming and going. Once I explained my job and how it works he was quite happy that I don't 'need planning permission' and went on his way.
    NICE TRY NEIGHBOURS! So spiteful just trying to get me prosecuted for something.

So I too am now very worried they might take the social services route and start making stuff up. They obviously hate me that much! I'm not a bad neighbour at all! Maybe I should give them all something to moan about and suggest the kids start trampling their flowers or throwing dirt over the fence. or having wild parties with people screaming in the street every weekend.

The funny thing is that the old witch next door has a grandson that also likes to rev his motorbike on her drive. According to a source, he does it there because his Mum's neighbour complains about the noise!
    Blondes have more fun!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's disgusting behaviour. Poor you. At least you can hold your head up high.

I also live in fear of my neighbours making a complaint about me. I live in a flat and the couple below me are retired. I had no problem before they moved in because the previous owners were out at work all day. This couple never leave the house and they bang on the ceiling if it gets the tiniest bit noisy or mimic our voices if they are too loud. I'm looking for a new job because of them - actually wish I could get a new home because of them too. I am on tenterhooks all day long and then never feel like my DD can have playdates or birthday parties. If I get a new job then I won't be as paranoid about making a noise in my own time/the weekend.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I feel for you, as a retired person who lives in a cul de sac of retired folks I did wonder if they would mind.... The motorbike man in our corner just polishes...( it used to be my son doing the revving...after 11 and before 5 ....check for people sitting out in gardens..he was also a drummer..same rules..but a music room that was sound proofed) I am sure my neighbours wait for the time I walk to the nature reserve just so they can talk to us...everybody smiles and chats...it has been lovely. Family and church friends visiting for house groups use the cul de sac more than my parents, so no issues there.
    So sorry your experiences have been so negative...I must live in the nice retiree's neighbourhood! They do exist.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have one of those in the Garages behind our house every weekend on and off never seems to go anywhere but outside his garage, it is really irritating.

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh i feel for you both, blonde moment, I live on a cul de sac but you can only park on one side of the road unfortunately not the side my house is on, however there is a young lad across the road and if you park outside his house (because his works van and friends cars are taking up the rest of the street, so outside his is the only place) he gets so baby like last week was the final straw he stuck his car on the pavement right upto my house (he lives 3 houses to the right) blocking access to my gate and was laughing with his friends, well i needed to put my prams in the boot (could have waited until morning but felt I needed to do it now). So i had to drag my pram through the tiniest gap he left me scraping his 14 plate fiesta, sure has hell wasnt laughing anymore and Id taken a picture of where he had parked so he couldnt complain of any damage! Ive told him many of times I will park in the space nearest to my house as I have kids to get in and out and he doesnt, and I pay my road tax! The only neighbour issue i now have is the ones next door that smoke snelly stuff out the front, sometimes have to shut the outside porch door to stop the smell coming in to my home. I dread if they were to ever do it while a parent/prospective parent came to visit!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I live on a private road and thankfully my neighbours are lovely as they are out all day. But there are some teenagers down the road who drive up and down the road like maniacs and race their dirt bikes up and down in the evening. We can't do anything about it as it's a private road and some of them don't even have a driving license. Just glad I can put my car on the driveway out of the way.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    That's disgusting behaviour. Poor you. At least you can hold your head up high.

I also live in fear of my neighbours making a complaint about me. I live in a flat and the couple below me are retired. I had no problem before they moved in because the previous owners were out at work all day. This couple never leave the house and they bang on the ceiling if it gets the tiniest bit noisy or mimic our voices if they are too loud. I'm looking for a new job because of them - actually wish I could get a new home because of them too. I am on tenterhooks all day long and then never feel like my DD can have playdates or birthday parties. If I get a new job then I won't be as paranoid about making a noise in my own time/the weekend.
    How do you manage with Childminding? Or do you have to go out all day? I'd let your child have playdates and parties. So what if they complain? I'd be half tempted to put very loud music on (Rock Radio) and leave the house for the day. Then they can't complain about tiny bits of noise.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand he wants to clean it and rev it / turn the engine over to keep it running etc which is fine.

But the inconsiderate time is out of order as is the sheer rude remarks.

My hubby has a bike, and like your neighbour cleans it etc at weekend (used daily for work etc) however he is always considerate of the time. Particularly because we have a little one but also as we've been woken numerous times by inconsiderate neighbours at previous houses.

I would report him to your local council and advise them of the noise pollution. Its unfair to you and the other neighbours and he shouldn't be allowed to get away with it!

It is hard being a cm and trying to keep others happy so they don't report us for silly things but this is definitely unfair on everyone.

I quite regularly have to "remind" the local children that play outside my house that it isn't necessary for them to scream at the top of their lungs, mainly after 8.30pm! Playing and laughing etc I do not mind but screaming unnecessarily to the point where you're not sure if their actually seriously injured is another matter entirely!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have PITA neighbours on one side. They have a dog which barks all day. Whenever it stops barking, they have to tease and pester it with a ball or something, just to make it start barking all over again. He thinks he's some sort of rock star, and they have regular loud all-night parties with their other failed-rock-star friends. She owns a mobile phone for no apparent reason cos, when arranging the s0dding parties, she wanders around the garden shouting so loudly into the phone that everyone within 5 miles can hear every word anyway.

This is made worse by the fact she never seems to work on sunny days. A total sun-worshipper, she has the knack of getting time off sick whenever there's a heatwave - presumably so she can catch up on some important bits of outdoor shouting she has to do.

Then they have the nerve to keep dropping obviously-loud-enough-to-be-heard-over-the-fence comments about the "noise" the children make.

They've never complained or spoken directly to us about "children's noise". They just lack the backbone.

They did make a complaint to the EHO about vermin in our garden. Cheek. For one thing, mice/rats are so numerous they at least pass through virtually every garden in the country at night, which is why I'm meticulous about clearing up bird food and anything the children drop after al fresco lunches. EHO came and found a trail of droppings along the back fence: entirely run-of-the-mill for any domestic garden, they said. They followed the trail into the neighbours' garden and found the cause of the problem. Neighbours had been feeding the ruddy dog outdoors and failed to clear up either the unused dog food or its poo. So the neighbours' complaint ended up with the EHO serving some sort of 'improvement notice' on them to stop attracting the unwanted little visitors.

13. Likes desiderata, Maza, Kiddleywinks, Toothfairy liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    How do you manage with Childminding? Or do you have to go out all day? I'd let your child have playdates and parties. So what if they complain? I'd be half tempted to put very loud music on (Rock Radio) and leave the house for the day. Then they can't complain about tiny bits of noise.
    Well we now stay out of the living room in the morning, which is right above their living room - the room that the grumps spend most of their day in - I know this because I can hear him coughing every two minutes (smoker). We do spend as much time outdoors as possible anyway. I have 'trained' the children not to jump indoors (as much as that is possible) and we make it into a little joke to keep it light hearted for them. If I can sense that they are feeling energetic then we get out asap! It is an extra challenge though, on top of all the usual challenges of this job and I will be so glad when I don't have to think about it anymore. I don't think the children suffer though, otherwise I wouldn't do the job at all.

15. Likes Ripeberry liked this post