Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney world costs

Has anyone been to Disneyworld Florida with a large group Trying to see if we can afford it or if its way out of our reach
    It would be a group of 14 (7 adults 7children) Would prefer a villa which would be cheaper would have to hire cars then costs for flight passes etc
    Anyone have any idea
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Try a website called The Dibb

Lots of ideas, tips and tricks, and villa's for hire direct with the owner

We were planning on going this year, but mum became ill, so thinking it's going to be next year now once she gets the all clear

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I too would recommend The Dibb forum, great place to ask your question and you will get some fab responces.

In regards to the cost of your holiday it will all depend on when you want to go, how long for and what park tickets you will need.

As approx figures:

Flights £500 to £900 per person depending on dates, which airport, direct or indirect ect....I would suggest looking at skyscanner for ideas of prices of flights for when you are thinking of going

Villas are vastly differently prices depending on were it is located, what amenities you want and how many it sleeps. I would imagine that you would get a villa that sleeps 6/8 for about £500/£600 a week in popular times

Park tickets - a 14 days pass to Walt Disney World is £260 per adult and universal is £118 per adult

Car hire - I have no idea on this unfortunately and you would need to decide realistically how many cars would your party need

Then you need to factor in food costs, petrol, parking at the parks each day etc.

We love Florida and always have an amazing time their, as their is something for everyone.

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We went last August and spent:
    £2784 on flights
    £1800 on the villa
    £890 on hiring a van (was a 15 seater, could have had a seven seater for about £600)
    £2370 on passes (did Disney and sea world only this time, gave universal a miss)
    £170 on airport accommodation
    £180 on airport travel
    £550 on other things to do out there - we went to some baseball games, went out on the swamps in an airboat, hired a boat and ran a race.
    £4200 on spending money. Around £300 of this was what I would class as luxury spending - dh is a runner and bought lots of running kit over there as it is cheap. The rest was almost all food (cheap to mid range restaurants and lots of picnic lunches made in the villa and taken in a cool box) and petrol with a few souvenirs, autograph books etc thrown in. Kids had their own spending money.

So just shy of £13k all in, that's for three adults and three children.

The time before that we did discovery cove and universal too, which would add about £170 per person to the price depending on time of year x
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    We went last August and spent:
    £2784 on flights
    £1800 on the villa
    £890 on hiring a van (was a 15 seater, could have had a seven seater for about £600)
    £2370 on passes (did Disney and sea world only this time, gave universal a miss)
    £170 on airport accommodation
    £180 on airport travel
    £550 on other things to do out there - we went to some baseball games, went out on the swamps in an airboat, hired a boat and ran a race.
    £4200 on spending money. Around £300 of this was what I would class as luxury spending - dh is a runner and bought lots of running kit over there as it is cheap. The rest was almost all food (cheap to mid range restaurants and lots of picnic lunches made in the villa and taken in a cool box) and petrol with a few souvenirs, autograph books etc thrown in. Kids had their own spending money.

So just shy of £13k all in, that's for three adults and three children.

The time before that we did discovery cove and universal too, which would add about £170 per person to the price depending on time of year x
    I am amazed!! What a lot of money for a holiday, is this the average cost of a Florida vacation?
    I am so out of touch ...my annual 3 week holiday budget exceeded £1000 once in my life ....when I stayed with friends in White Plains just outside New York for three weeks, the air fair cost a lot because we were travelling independently. This year I am staying, as usual in a gite in France for £180 a week and the tunnel has cost £40, in all with petrol it will be £ 800 for 3 weeks.. ( that's as long as we get an elderly dog sitter.) We don't eat out as we love cooking so that is part of our holiday, to cook with wonderful French ingredients. We walk, take photographs, read and visit anything free..

My first house and my car cost less than a holiday to disneyland ....... Your children are very lucky to have this experience.

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post
    I too would recommend The Dibb forum, great place to ask your question and you will get some fab responces.

In regards to the cost of your holiday it will all depend on when you want to go, how long for and what park tickets you will need.

As approx figures:

Flights £500 to £900 per person depending on dates, which airport, direct or indirect ect....I would suggest looking at skyscanner for ideas of prices of flights for when you are thinking of going

Villas are vastly differently prices depending on were it is located, what amenities you want and how many it sleeps. I would imagine that you would get a villa that sleeps 6/8 for about £500/£600 a week in popular times

Park tickets - a 14 days pass to Walt Disney World is £260 per adult and universal is £118 per adult

Car hire - I have no idea on this unfortunately and you would need to decide realistically how many cars would your party need

Then you need to factor in food costs, petrol, parking at the parks each day etc.

We love Florida and always have an amazing time their, as their is something for everyone.
    Thanks for this
    Park tickets; you wouldn't buy 14 day for each park would you? are child tickets the same price? Can you get a tickets for multi parks?
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angela234 View Post
    Thanks for this
    Park tickets; you wouldn't buy 14 day for each park would you? are child tickets the same price? Can you get a tickets for multi parks?
    Hi Angela,

The 14 day Disney world tickets gets you into the 4 disney parks and 2 water parks.

In regards to adult and child prices there is not much difference maybe about £20 less so thats why i just gave you adult prices so you can work out a rough budget.

There is I believe a ticket called The One Ticket which is both Disney and Universal but i would imagine that the costs are not too much different from buying them separately for Disney and Universal. Here is a link to more information about a one ticket. I have not used one so not sure of the full T%C's although one perk is that you also get admission to seaworld and Busch gardens. The price for a adult ticket is £469
    Orlando Freedom Ticket

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're going In August and our holiday cost almost £6k for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 teen. The price can vary so much depending on what accomodation, airline, parks, restaurants and where you eat etc..

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Plan an itinerary carefully before you splash your cash on lots of different 14 day tickets - when we went 7 years ago we got a day ticket to Magic Kingdom, if you keep your ticket you get a discount when you buy ticket to another park - we also went to Epcot on a Day ticket - then we had a Universal combined ticket which got us unlimited access to Universal Studios & Island of Adventure & Sea World & Wet n Wild (their waterpark) - then we booked for swimming with Dolphins at Discovery Cove and that came with entrance into Busch Gardens. It's not the sort of holiday where you get up each day and think "what shall we do today" you need to have an itinerary based on what's achievable (baring in mind ages of children - as it can be tiring), and make sure you look at all the park websites to find out when their firework and laser display nights are on.

Our itinerary was - Sea World - Magic Kingdom - Wet n Wild, Epcot, Universal Studios, Discovery Cove (then back to Sea World) - Busch Gardens - Island Of Adventure (Universal) then we drove to Miami for well needed rest.

So don't go buying lots of 14 day tickets as we had one for Universal and managed to use it 5 times in 9 days but would have been waste of money to do the same for Disney.

We stayed in Howard Johnson Motel in Kissimee - it was basic but clean and you are so exhausted you just need somewhere to crash for the night, one evening we were too tired to even go out to eat so we just got take away pizza and ate in the room. Our motel had a swimming pool but we didn't use it - we were out for 12 + hours each day.

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I am amazed!! What a lot of money for a holiday, is this the average cost of a Florida vacation? I am so out of touch ...my annual 3 week holiday budget exceeded £1000 once in my life ....when I stayed with friends in White Plains just outside New York for three weeks, the air fair cost a lot because we were travelling independently. This year I am staying, as usual in a gite in France for £180 a week and the tunnel has cost £40, in all with petrol it will be £ 800 for 3 weeks.. ( that's as long as we get an elderly dog sitter.) We don't eat out as we love cooking so that is part of our holiday, to cook with wonderful French ingredients. We walk, take photographs, read and visit anything free.. My first house and my car cost less than a holiday to disneyland ....... Your children are very lucky to have this experience.
    It is about the average cost to be honest, and we keep flight costs down by flying indirect etc. I have a friend who stays in Disney hotels and books as a package with direct flights and pays as much as we do for four people. To balance things out, we do have cheaper holidays in between such camping, short breaks in caravans etc.

I know it's a lot of money to spend on a holiday and I reflect on that quite a lot. It boils down to priorities, really. I have a very close friend who says that we must be very well off as she could never afford that sort of holiday. However, she drives a new car, spends quite a lot on finance on big items, home improvements etc, has lots of new clothes and shoes from fairly high end shops, goes out drinking every weekend and eats out quite a lot. I cook from scratch, waste nothing, own only two pairs of shoes and we run a ten year old car. My friend buys 'stuff' and we spend money on 'experiences'. I should undoubtedly be sensible and plough the excess money into a mortgage or pension, but I justify it to myself by saying that my children will only be little for a short time. My eldest will be off to university in a few years!

I am very jealous of New York! We have just started planning our next holiday, and hopefully this time we will split our stay and spend a portion of the holiday in Washington. I would love to go to New York, I have been by myself a couple of times but haven't taken the children. One day I'd like to take them and run the ny marathon, that's one to tick off my bucket list x
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

11. Likes FloraDora, mum67, hectors house liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    I know it's a lot of money to spend on a holiday and I reflect on that quite a lot. It boils down to priorities, really.
    I have a very close friend who says that we must be very well off as she could never afford that sort of holiday.
    However, she drives a new car, spends quite a lot on finance on big items, home improvements etc, has lots of new clothes and shoes from fairly high end shops, goes out drinking every weekend and eats out quite a lot.

I cook from scratch, waste nothing, own only two pairs of shoes and we run a ten year old car. My friend buys 'stuff' and we spend money on 'experiences'.
    We're cut from the same cloth I think lol

It amazes me how many people claim to be 'skint' but have all the latest gadgets and gizmo's, less than 2 yr old cars (his and hers), designer clothes and shoes for themselves and kids, go out 2 or 3 times a week, and order takeaways regularly.
    Different priorities

Sep06
    Post Thanks / Like

I should add on that going on experience from going to Orlando,Florida,August is storm month. Out of a 14 night holiday only 3 days of that it was dry for my family holiday. Thunderstorms there do not usually last longer than 2 hours but the lightening is like nothing you have seen before (probaly) & all parks/rides either temporaily stop/shut until the storm is 2 miles away. As nice as it is to be cooled down by the rain (as August is boiling hot there) it really did prevent us from going on certain rides and seeing certain shows and then there was no gurantee they would re-open or put on the show again.
    If you go in August whether it be this year or next then be prepared to have things altered due to the storms.It is a really expensive holiday but an amazing one.My family and i crammed in what we could each morning as we got used to the routine of when the storm would arrive (around lunchtime)We were shattered as we did so much from early morn up until the point where things came to a halt, so if we ever went again i would highly recommend to have a few days where you just relax and recover from all that walking around the parks and early morning starts!