Disney World Florida
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney World Florida

We are planning on going to Disney in 2016.
    I know there are lots of you on here who have been before. Have any of you got any advice/tips on where to book and the best way to get the most out of our money?

We want to stay in a villa and hire a car to get around. There will be 9/10 of us going. 4 children and 5/6 adults (depends on whether my sister has a boyfriend haha).

Latest Inspection Grade
    *OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

The best place for hints and tips and all things Florida is The Dibb website, you'll spend hours and hours on there, I guarantee it!
    ƸӜƷ* Hello Kitty *ƸӜƷ

3. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest you consider booking everything yourself, flights, villa etc. we went in August having previously only booked via an agent and did everything ourselves. Our best TA quote for three and a half weeks in August with luxury villa, 15 seat minibus and flights for three adults, one teen and three children was just over 9k. We booked flights indirect with last minute.com for £2754 with really good transfer times, a gorgeous villa direct with the owner for £1800 and the bus was £830, so £5384 total. We saved another couple of hundred on park tickets too as Virgin, Thomas cook etc sell them at a premium, and the online ticket agents are much cheaper.

I'd second the dibb suggestion too, fab!
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

5. Likes bindy liked this post
    apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always book direct with Virgin but around 18 months in advance when the brochures are released so prices are a bit cheaper. We're going in August and can't wait! Haven't been since 2011.

I agree use the Dibb. There is every question you can imagine on there...just don't get too hooked you could spend hours on there!

Good luck planning- that's the best bit about Florida

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My family have been every year for the past 20 years, never get bored! We always book seprately we find it much cheaper. Thomsons are very good, planes all new, very wide seats and foot space, more than virgin now, also have own TV on the back of seats. We always get a very large villa with swimming pool and games room for around £1200 per week, that is for 7 bed 5 bathroom. I would stay in Kissimmee and not Davenport, just a little further to the attractions. The Dibb is a good place to look. You will have a great time! We are back this October, can't wait

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My advice is to make yourself an itinerary before you go so you know what you are doing each day - check each attraction you want to visit to find out what day they stay open late for firework or laser shows. We had 9 days in the theme parks and then 5 days in Miami when our daughter was about 12. (7 years ago) If your children are young allow some rest & relaxing time round the pool as they will get tired with all the walking.

We bought a day ticket for Disney Magic kingdom on the day and then showed that ticket when we bought tickets for Epcot and got a discount. We then got a deal if you bought tickets for Bush Gardens and discovery cove, and think we bought in advance tickets for Sea World & Universal Studio. Don't just buy tickets for all attractions in advance, work out your itinerary first - the only place we went back into was Sea World.

We booked through Virgin.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bindy View Post
    My family have been every year for the past 20 years, never get bored! We always book seprately we find it much cheaper. Thomsons are very good, planes all new, very wide seats and foot space, more than virgin now, also have own TV on the back of seats. We always get a very large villa with swimming pool and games room for around £1200 per week, that is for 7 bed 5 bathroom. I would stay in Kissimmee and not Davenport, just a little further to the attractions. The Dibb is a good place to look. You will have a great time! We are back this October, can't wait
    We are going in October aswell. Staying at the port Orleans disney hotel. We love the food festival in Epcot