Childminder and Adoption
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminder and Adoption

Hi i am looking for some advice on Childminding and Adoption.

I would like to know if i can still do childminding or will i need to give up all together.

Any advice would be fab.

please help

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It will depend on the company through which you arrange the adoption - they all seem to be different x

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

We're currently adopting and I'm still minding, wasn't an issue for us but I'm in Scotland so don't know if things are different where you are. I do know that most social workers like at least one of the parents to take time out from work for between 6 months to a year to be at home to help the child settle in. My argument to that is that childminders are at home and that if we take that much time off them it's unpaid and difficult to come back to! Fortunately never had to use that with our sw, she just said as long as I stick within my numbers it was ok

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminder and Adoption

Thank you for your reply

I have had a look into it a blt more and It looks like I am going to have to give up Childminding or get an assistant.
    Not sure what to do just yet.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Tots View Post
    Thank you for your reply I have had a look into it a blt more and It looks like I am going to have to give up Childminding or get an assistant. Not sure what to do just yet.
    Here in the south west I will have to take a break from minding to settle the child in. They would like at least 6 months. I'm trying to argue against it as it will be put child forever this will be its norm and if I gave birth I would only stop work for 6-8 weeks.
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Sep 04
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my mindees is adopted. I asked her about this as we are thinking of adopting. Obv having to take time off not ideal for me or her. Her view was that it's recommended to take time off like a maternity leave, also like mat leave it's up to you. Once the papers are signed the child's your own and if you think they're settled and don't need you home alone with them 24/7 you can restart work.